My Words

My Words

A Story by Rhea752

Silent, Staring, Unblinking. Every day she repeated this same routine, refusing to talk. Sometimes I wonder if she even can talk. 
"Corra, You're going to have to talk sometime. Why don't we talk about your writings. I hear you like to write poetry." She started to look a little bit more interested, maybe the key here is her writings. 
"What do you like to write about, Corra?" Nothing. 
"Do you write about Nature?" Nothing. 
"Music?" Nothing.
"Society?" Nothing. 
I leaned in closer, "Family?" I whispered. She looked at me with absolute contempt, ad stalked over to the door. She pointed one trembling finger towards the door and glared at me. 
"Hmmm" I said, "Until next session then" I unlocked the door and led her to her room. She looked at me one last time, and stalked off towards her room. 
----------------------------------- Corra's POV 
I HATE IT HERE!!!! Dr. Mink is always gauging my reactions, talking to me as if I am an actual human being! What's wrong with him!! Don't even get me started about him talking about my poetry, you could see the anticipation burning in his eyes. All he wants is to proclaim me as healthy so he can collect his money and move on to his next gold mine! 
I don't want to talk to him!! Is that to much to ask? I don't want to talk to anyone! I used up all my words on that damned b*****d. I don't see the point in talking to anyone again!! All they'll do is betray me, just like Trey. Not talking includes not writing. Poetry isn't going to help anymore! Words have failed me, and there isn't anything Dr. Mink can do about it. He might as well let me go back home. Staying here isn't going to help me move on. 
------------------------- Dr. Mink's POV 
I wish I could get her to talk. I hated labeling her as Anti-social, I wish she would start talking. Every session all she does is stare at me and refuse to talk. I know I struck a nerve in today's session. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe I could just let her go. She hasn't shown any suicidal tendencies, she does react to things, and she seems to be lucid. She just doesn't talk. I can't let her go. I know something is wrong. Who doesn't talk
I'll think about it later. Right now I have a hysterical patient to attend to.. something about  his dead mother coming back to haunt him. Whatever it is it can't be good. 
--------------------------------------------------- Corra's POV 
I give up. I really do. Well, not entirely. I'll take one look through the window, one. If someone says the words, my words then I'll give in, I'll start talking, go home, and be the good little girl mom always wanted. I stare out the window. There's no-one there. 

5 minutes later 

I stare out the window again. Nobody's there. 

5 minutes later 

One last time, one last look. I stare out the window. YES!! A child playing with her bouncy ball. I knock on the window as loud as I dare. The girl looks up startled then sneers and laughs. She walks away snickering.  
I'm done for. I sink down to my knees, trembling I fumble with the pills. The pills I haven't been taking for almost 2 weeks, and gulp them down. 

------------------------ Dr. Mink's POV 

"Doctor, Come with me!!" A harried nurse shouted out. What now I thought. 

"What happened?" 

"It's Corra, she swallowed some pills" her face creased with some emotion. "I'm afraid she's not going to make it."  

I cringed. She's dying? she's never shown any suicidal tendencies. Until now, the cynical voice at the back of my head whispered. I'll be there for her I thought. 

10 minutes later 
"Is there anything you want Corra?" I whispered. It hurt so much. I had never lost a patient before, but here she was, right in front of me almost dead. 
"My words" she choked out. 
"Your words, which ones?" I said bewildered. She didn't have any poems with her. She seemed to have given up writing when she arrived here. 
"My words" she insisted. 
Her words, her words i thought frantically. What were they? It was too late, I realized though. She was almost gone. It still hurt though, you could see her eyes pleading with the burning desire of her last request.  
"I'm sorry" I said grasping her hand. It just hit me, the first words she said here would also be her last. 

© 2012 Rhea752


Author's Note

Rhea752
Not exactly sure what I just wrote. I just did. :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its a real page turner. I wonder whats going to happen next.:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rhea752

11 Years Ago

i'm really not sure what to do with it..... i kinda figured the readers could imagine the rest
Angelic_Dreamer

11 Years Ago

U did a great piece and its 2 good to be thought of by the viewers
It's very nice. Heartbreaking and somehow...warming. Hope was somewhere in there. I could see you maybing adding some more to this, but other then that and great story. Very nice :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rhea752

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
Intriguing; if I say so myself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is lovely. It made me tear up a bit and I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


:( That was pretty heartbreaking. It would serve as a great outline for a one-act play.
It's good though. I feel like it could have been more detailed, but it was still really good. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rhea752

11 Years Ago

haha well it was interrupting me from writing something else so i was trying to get it out of my hea.. read more
Melody

11 Years Ago

Lol. Nice.
I like it, it was nice and kind of sad.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rhea752

11 Years Ago

haha thank you. I thought it was slightly sucky :/ Thanks for the review :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 3, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Rhea752
Rhea752

Middle Of My Daydreams, FL



About
I am a 15 year old girl who loves to read, write, act, and draw. I just started writing seriously about 2 years ago. I've been published a few times in small online magazines. I am trying to find out .. more..

Writing
I Met Her I Met Her

A Poem by Rhea752


Let Me Go Let Me Go

A Poem by Rhea752



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Rhea752