The Heat of Life

The Heat of Life

A Story by Rhea752

I strike the match against the strip on the box. It catches sparks immediately thanks to the years of experience. My eyes are fixed on the match watching it slowly move towards the pile of gasoline soaked wood. The wood of my house. The flames demanded sacrifice, personal sacrifice, and I would give it to them. They demanded my sacrifice, and I gave it to them my house, my past ... my life. I smiled at the thought. The flames licked at my fingers as the match burned. It didn't matter, the torridness I mean, because it would all be worth it soon. The greatest beacon I would ever make the brilliance of it would shine for miles. My fellow peers would lay their eyes with reverence upon the dancing light and finally understand the beauty of fire.  Thank god my parents weren't here they won't be back for two hours. They think they're picking up a package from the post office. The fire didn't want them and I was in agreement they didn't belong here. Tonight had to be the night and I knew it. The cold was everywhere it hovered in the air, it seeped into the ground, it even transformed my breath into tendrils of mist. Yes tonight, I thought. The wood caught fire and quickly spread. Soon my entire wall was burning. Then a dog barked.... inside the house. It had to be Lilith I thought. Crap. Damn it, Damn it all. I forgot about Lilith and the fire couldn't have her. No, this is just for me. I walked out of my room and into the smoke filled hall. She was in the kitchen and looked weak. She wobbled towards me though as soon as she saw me. It was the smoke I thought the house was filling up to fast. I would die in the smoke and not the flames if I didn't hurry. quickly I scooped up Lilith and jogged to the front door.  By the time I reached it I was coughing so hard I could barely stand anymore. I shoved open the door and stumbled out. There were flashing lights everywhere. Ooohhh should I say damn or crap "s**t". I was so dizzy. Maybe I could sit down a little bit then go back maybe they haven't noticed me yet. A warm hand gripped my arm and started pulling me forward. "Nooo" I moaned "I need to go back in." Someone took Lilith away from me and I kept getting farther and farther from the house. " Let go of me I need to go back" I tried to jerk away but whoever it was, was strong and kept walking towards a truck, I saw. " Relax kid, I was just talking your parents when you came out of the house, there's no-one in there." I looked up and saw Deputy Coolidge's face staring right at me. "Right?" Coolidge said. " Uhhh n-no" I stammered. The Deputy plopped me down at the edge of an ambulance and told me to wait while he got a paramedic. quickly I got up and ran towards the house. Badly I must say but no-one stopped me, or well they tried to but didn't. I heard people screaming at me to come back but it was too late i ran into the fire to never come back. 

© 2012 Rhea752


Author's Note

Rhea752
ignore grammar problems this isn't that great i know but tell me what you think anyways.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was certainly a suspensful and well written story!!! I loved it!!! The entire time I was on the edge of my seat having a debate in my head about wether or not she would kill herself, and then right when I thought for sure no, yes! Wow! You have an amazing talent of creating suspense. Wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a great story. I liked the idea of her thinking that she was a sacrifice for the fire. I have a dog and i thought it was cool that Lilith might have saved the girl's life just because she didn't want the dog to be sacrificed. The last sentience shocked me but i liked the sort of twist. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The first two sentances drew me in. I love it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good write.


Posted 11 Years Ago


That was certainly a suspensful and well written story!!! I loved it!!! The entire time I was on the edge of my seat having a debate in my head about wether or not she would kill herself, and then right when I thought for sure no, yes! Wow! You have an amazing talent of creating suspense. Wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012

Author

Rhea752
Rhea752

Middle Of My Daydreams, FL



About
I am a 15 year old girl who loves to read, write, act, and draw. I just started writing seriously about 2 years ago. I've been published a few times in small online magazines. I am trying to find out .. more..

Writing
I Met Her I Met Her

A Poem by Rhea752


Let Me Go Let Me Go

A Poem by Rhea752