AUGUST BUTTERFLIES

AUGUST BUTTERFLIES

A Poem by Marie
"

End of season...

"



Jeweled wings are ragged now

The time is almost done

Fairy angels end their lives

Dancing in the sun.

© 2015 Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So sorry to hear that you have passed May it not be a dark night but a bright light Like yourself. May you be rocked in the arms of the Almighty to the beat of the lullaby winds.As all the souls of Heaven play a song so kind to the sound of the caroling winds. You have been a great friend to me.You have many great friends who have cried over you. May those tears fall from the heavens like notes from far flung rain to ring out the message you are loved.
Goodnight Marie.

Posted 8 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Seashell

8 Years Ago

I know as I sympathised with you then xx
Tate Morgan

8 Years Ago

Seeing a parent pass away is one of the hardest pains we can endure. may you be blessed with a quiet.. read more
Monster ^.^

8 Years Ago

This is the first time I've heard of this. I'm always thankful to Marie. We haven't really conversed.. read more



Reviews

we wont say goodbye,but farewell,until we meet again !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RIP Marie... Thank you for sharing your wonderful words with us. We will miss seeing this fairy angel dancing in the sun.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you, Tate, how very sad. Wishing comfort to her family & prayers that
her spirit lives forever.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Precious Marie, your presence will be so missed here. May you have such endless peace, and your dear family deep comfort. You were always a light here, and now an everlasting light. You are a poem for the ages.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thank you Tate for sending me the news ... i had no idea ..would have loved to know you better Marie ..and this your last poem posted here on WC is so fitting .. to face my own death with such grace and peace is my last dream ;) .. most of all i love your about me .. all of it ..but this is simply the best:
"I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistakes in punctuation. Please don't send read requests for other writers, as I will not read them. I try to find stories to review, but will ignore those with mistakes. I don't appreciate obscenity, angst, or sappy love poems. I don't care if you've been abused, depressed or addicted. The more you know me, the more nice I don't become."
one could not ask for better ... reviews of your standard are what inspire to improve .. my prayers are with all your survivors ..i am sure the number of them lighten the heavy load your immediate family especially must feel .. peace Marie ..
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marie, your words are prophetic to me as this was posted so near to the day of your death. I believe there are instances when our spirit perceives information that our "being" is not fully cognizant of.
You have traded those ragged wings for those of the Almighty and dance too in the sun! May your spirit continue to shine to inspire us as we remember you with respect and love! Thank you for the influence you have had to me and my writing!
Fly free.............

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your words are the most beautiful epitaph, can't imagine anyone ever saying better. Your eternal dance in the sun will be truly exquisite.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
Rest in peace Marie
May your life be remembered for all the beauty you have shared with others


Posted 8 Years Ago


We will miss you kind friend. I hope you find peace and joy dear friend.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I just found out about your passing Marie. Rest in peace, you will be missed.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4807 Views
72 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 17, 2015
Last Updated on August 17, 2015
Tags: wings, jeweled, sun

Author

Marie
Marie

San Antonio, TX



About
I have been writing for almost 60 years. Writers' Cafe is the best writing site I've found. If you send me read requests, expect me to be blunt. I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistake.. more..

Writing
THE HANGING THE HANGING

A Story by Marie


TO G.H. TO G.H.

A Poem by Marie


SUMMER SUMMER

A Poem by Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos