Spring

Spring

A Poem by savesthedaynj

Trust
petals too young for
I love you
nots.
Shooting through the
ground,
it is so
simple.  
Transformations
in one sunrise.
Green
everywhere, the
start of this
promising season.
Warmth
comforting as
the arm around your
waist.
Griping fingers secure
your center
abruptly halting
doubt
The flowers become more
romantic with their
fragrant buds flowing
to your brain.
Become this
lightheaded drunk.
Don’t question this
feeling.
 Is it love?
No.
Simply spring. 

© 2008 savesthedaynj


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lex
simple, but effective writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I liked how you went with flowers blooming and then with being drunk, but not really just describing
Spring coming in full bloom. Great write!!!
Kelley Frost


Posted 16 Years Ago


aw, this was a sweet poem. I love spring, and this poem is just great!
really enjoyed by me
Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!! I love your description of spring. I had a vivid picture of it while I was reading it. This is a great poem. Keep Writing!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I certainly am missing the spring right now. I live in a land of ice and cold. I know that you are experiencing quite the same considering how much further North you are from me. I am just in Illinois. I really liked the warmth of this piece and the sultry, lusty way you use your words. I love how, in the end, the amorous effects of everything is due only to the impression you receive of the season and not from the physical contact. It is not so much of a physical longing as it is cherishing the moment and sharing it with a significant other. Speaking of this significant other, I believe you mean to say gripping instead of griping. Otherwise, the piece was good as far as spelling and grammar. I have one question though, are you aware that your short lines may cause your readers to read through your pieces in a choppier way than is intended? I just think it is an interesting style and certainly am not suggesting that you change it. I just wanted you to be aware of the impact that style has on reception of your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008
Last Updated on March 27, 2008

Author

savesthedaynj
savesthedaynj

NJ



About
I am -an NJ college kid -a music aficionado -a movie nerd -a radio DJ -the world's WORST guitarist -an obsessive Post-it user (highlighters too) -a "collager" -a recreational photographer -.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..