Here I Go

Here I Go

A Poem by Sophie
"

for a contest

"

My feet were firmly planted, but they ached so badly to take that step.

That one step to bring me back to you.

But I can't, all the people that need me here, on earth, with them, but I need you.

So where do I go?

Take the step.

The angel says, he's dressed in the color of snow.

He looks like you, you know.

Don't move, and turn back.

Says the devil.

She's dressed in red and black.

Look's like me.

I look down at my

sneakers, planted firmly on the grass.

So here it goes, listen to the snow.

And go.

I close my eyes, screw up my nose,

bend my legs,

and jump.

Over the cliff and to the rocks below.

I love you, you know.

© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I adore this. You're comparisons between an angel and the devil, you and your lover, it was so wonderfully opposite and powerful. Adjectives like "snow" "screw up my nose" you know this person, you know this feeling, and you conveyed with emotion, simile, and imagery. This is what poetry is. Great Job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You either don't have a tv or you only sleep 2 hours a night ! You write more than any tow people I know. This one is good... the good / the bad. You're not bad just learing who you are.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The comparing and contrasting of the boy and the girl, the angel and the devil, white and black...the foils really bring out the differences between right and wrong and the choice she - or you- have to make. I really like this style of writing as well, and the rhyming is quite skillful. Overall a tense yet captivating poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This makes me think... It's quick. Rhytmic. Concise.
I think I'm beginning to like your style in writing.
The way you explain the words through this, without a lot of cheesy rhyming, but enough to give a beat. It's wonderful.
If I have anything to say to critique it, it would be possibly make the first line quicker, yet saying the same thing.
Like: my feet planted, though aching to take that step.
And maybe the same thing with the third line,
Otherwise, it really is a great poem.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read this Sophie.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I adore this. You're comparisons between an angel and the devil, you and your lover, it was so wonderfully opposite and powerful. Adjectives like "snow" "screw up my nose" you know this person, you know this feeling, and you conveyed with emotion, simile, and imagery. This is what poetry is. Great Job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:O this is pretty amazing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great jon keep up the good work and nice write thanks for sharing this write

Posted 12 Years Ago


The last line was just so simple and that was what gave it so much impact. I loved the idea of the angel and devil and how it was him and her. I really enjoyed this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Serious Sex Serious Sex

A Chapter by Lowesy