“I haven’t told anyone this before, but I’m going to tell you now”.

“I haven’t told anyone this before, but I’m going to tell you now”.

A Story by speckledbyrd

Willing her to look back at him, Cal pressed on. 

“I wasn't born in the U.S., let alone Austin.  My mother gave birth to me in Brazil and I have no idea who she is because I never saw her after that.

Miranda’s head snapped up at that.  Her brown eyes were wide with shock, then narrowed in confusion.

“Then who is-“she began.

“Brenda is my adoptive mother. Right after she and Randy got married she found out she couldn't have children.  So they decided to adopt.  I was about two at the time and living in an orphanage in a small town just outside of Rio. They brought me back here and raised me, and I will always love them for it.”

Miranda had gone back to staring down the driveway, as if waiting for someone to drive by out here by the farm. Cal didn't blame her for not wanting to hear this.  He didn't want to either when his parents told him three years ago.  Especially when they told him what happened next.

“I grew up like any other kid until about three years ago.  It was a Monday and I was at school and my dad was at work.  Mom heard a knock at the door.  She answered it to find a woman in her 30s asking about an adoption.  Long story short my mom found out it was my biological mother, and she was looking for me,” I told her.

“Cal you don’t look Brazilian. And what does any of this have to do with me?” she asked.

© 2015 speckledbyrd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 7, 2015