Leap

Leap

A Story by Spencer Hoadley
"

short story i wrote during school junior year

"
 

He looked at the clock; two minutes until lunch. His math teacher had given out a review assignment for their test the next day, and he had finished it within ten minutes. For the other forty-five minutes that had passed, he had just stared into space and thought about Sophie.

*Ring*

Sean sat on the far side of the room, and was almost always the last one out of the class. While all the other students turned right and headed towards the cafeteria, he turned left and worked his way through the crowd of freshman who were running to lunch. Yes, Sophie herself was a freshman also, but she she didn't seem like the other freshman. She was more mature, thought more deeply about life, but still knew how to have fun. It was taking longer than usual to find her, but when he did, a big smile spread across his face. She was a little shorter than him, with long, silky brown hair, and bright blue eyes. As soon as she saw him, she smiled, and ran over to hug him, but it was a short hug. There were too many people that couldn't know about them.

They had met about two months ago, through a mutual friend that Sean had gone on a date with. About a week after the date, Sean and Sophie started texting a little, and within a month, they were texting almost every minute outside of school, and had started hanging out at school. But Sophie was only fifteen and was sixteen months younger than Sean, and her parents didn't want her dating until she was sixteen.

They both went to school with their siblings and other people who would tell their parents anything that happened, so they had to be very careful about everything. All they had ever done was hug, but even that could get them in a lot of trouble.

Today there was nobody around who could get them in trouble, so they knew that they could take a chance. It would only be able last a couple minutes, because none of their friends lunch knew about them,but for the time they had to walk to the cafeteria, they wanted to take the leap.

They had been walking for only seconds, when she started to bump her and against his. He was surprised by what she was doing, so surprised that he completely forgot they didn't have to worry about anybody, and he looked around just to see that the coast was clear. When he remembered that they didn't had to worry, he started to grab her hand, and she finished slipping hers in, They had been smiling before from seeing each other, but now they were both smiling even more. The rest of their walk to the cafeteria seemed to last an hour.

As they were walking to class after lunch, she pulled him into a corner. “There's something i need to tell you.” She said. “I'm moving this Saturday, about two hundred miles from here.” “I...” Sean started, but he didn't know what to say. For a second, he forgot how to walk. “I'm sorry.” She said. “My parents went down there this weekend, and decided to buy the house.”

© 2010 Spencer Hoadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this so far i will have to read the other part

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2010

Author

Spencer Hoadley
Spencer Hoadley

Twin Falls, ID



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Spencer Hoadley