Lost

Lost

A Story by Lyghea
"

Emma finds she has a long lost twin. Goes out to find her twin. Finds her twin. Earthquake strikes. Twin isn't her twin.

"

          It was a new day for Emma Rosell. She just moved into the town Willowsburg. It would be her first day of high school tomorrow. She'll be going to Willowing High. She was so excited. The next morning she woke up at 6:30, to be sure she wouldn't be late for her first day. She was nervous because she didn't know anyone there. She was in all advanced classes. She decided she was going to do basketball, cheerleading, volleyball, and track and field this year. She thought the more she did at Willowig High, the more friends she could make. When she finished getting dressed and eating breakfast, her mother called her into the main corrider to talk with her before she went to school. Her mother looked a little upset. Not like angry, but sad...or depressed.

 

          "Emma, I'm afraid I've kept a big secret from you. I think you deserve to know it before it eats me away. I'm pretty sure you old enough to understand," her mother said calmly. and quietly.

          "What?" Said Emma sounding a little concerned.

          "You have a twin. You have a twin brother. I just got a call from your birth father asking if I knew where he was because he disappeared. We don't know where he is now." said her mother a little distraught.

 

          Emma couldn't believe it. She had a brother. A twin brother. She looked at her mother, then headed toward the door. She waited for the bus at the end of her driveway. When the bus came, she went on. She searched for an open seat. Seat 17 was the only one that wasn't filled. She sat down and turned her IPod on. She pulled out her phone. She just starred at it. She arrived at school in about 15 minutes. She got off the bus and searched for her class. She sat down. School was a painful 7 1/2 hours. She couldn't believe it. When she got home, she walked through the door, threw her backpack down and ran upstairs to her room. She grabbed her extra backpack and put an extra pair of clothes, a canteen of water, her wallet with her ID in it, and then she went downstairs to put some food in. She started for the door. Her mother stopped her.

 

          "And where do you think you're going Emma Rosell?" yelled her mother.

          "I-I-I," studered Emma. "I'm going to a friend's house for the night. It's Friday. We don't have school tomorrow." smiled Emma charmingly.

          "Fine. Bring your phone with you just in case you need me!" her mother said, not very pleased.

          "I already have my phone and IPod and everything else that I wanted or I needed." Emma said sarcastically.

 

          Emma walked out of the door. She looked back making sure her mom wasn't watching her. She walked down the street. She was going to find out where her twin was. Emma was smart enough to pull her birth father's cell number off the home phone when he called. She dialed the number on her way. Her dad picked up the phone.

 

          "Hello? Dad? It's me Emma!" Emma said nervously.

          "Emma?" cried her dad. "Is it really you?" Emma could hear him sobbong in the background.

          "Daddy? I need to know where you are! I'm coming to you. I want to help you find my twin!" Emma said cheerfully with tears running down her cheek.

          "Baby girl. I live too far. Is your mother with you? Does she know you want to come?" her dad said sounding a little angry, yet pleased.

          "Well, no she doesn't know. Please don't tell her! Daddy, I want to be with you. I'm traveling by foot! Daddy, please!" cried Emma.

          "You know where Mount Ressolover is, right?" her dad asked.

          "Yeah. Meet at the coffee shop on Rossell Drive?" Emma asked.

          "Yes. Meet me there in 2 days." her dad said.

 

          He hung up. Emma couldn't believe it. She had 2 days to get 200 miles from home. Shge started walking. She stopped at a coffee shop on the way and got coffee so she could continuing walking, and get there in the 2 days she had. On the first day, she walked 75 miles before she stopped. She slept for about 6 hours before she woke up and continued walking. She walked another 75 in about 12 hours before she met someone in the forest. A boy. She looked at the boy. About her age. He was a hot by, along in the forest. He had a packpack, just like her. She went up to the boy. He had beautiful ocean blue eyes, shaggy blonde hair, and he was skinny. I asked him,

 

          "Where are you headed?" I asked cautiously.

          "I'm on my way to find my twin sister. My dad told me I had a long lost sister. It was my destiny to find her." The boy said.

          "I'm looking for my long lost twin. My birth dad called saying he lost his son, who was my twin. You look just like me." Emma said.

 

          The boy sat down on the log behind him. He smiled. He got up and then he hugged Emma. Emma was astounded. She exclaimed,

 

          "You're my brother. My twin brother!" Emma started crying tears of joy.

 

          The boy nodded and replied,

         

          "Yes. And you mus be Emma. My name is Aquila." said Aquila.

          "What is an Aquila? Sorry if I'm being mean. Like, what orgin is it from and what is it's meaning?" asked Emma very peculiar.

          "Aquila, my name, is from Latin and it means Like an Eagle. How about you?" Aquila asked happily and quite fast.

          "Emma, my name, is from Teutonic, and it means Healer of the Universe."

          "That's so cool!" exclaimed Aquila.

          "You're name is pretty cool, too. It's unique." said Emma with a twinkle in her eye. "We should head back to dad's. I'm suppose to meet him at the coffe shop in Mount Ressolover. You show me the way?"

          "Sure. And your mom knows where you're going, right?" asked Aquila very questionabley.

          "Well, not exactly. She thinks I'm at my friends house. She thinks...well expects me home sometime today. But, I'll call her when I get to Mount Ressolover." said Emma feeling wrong for what she has done.

 

          Aqulia nodded and they were on their way. It took quite a while for the to get to Mount Ressolover. Emma had been thinking about Aqulia the whole time. While on their way, Emma told Aqulia that she found him and was going to bring him with her to the coffee shop on Rosell Drive. Once again Aulia nodded. Emma began dialing. The phone rung.

 

          "Hello? Daddy?" asked Emma profoundly.

          "Emma? Oh my God! I thought you were lost," their father paused. "Tell me you're not lost! Where are you? I need to find you...I have to find Aqulia!" their father said breathing quite heavily.

          "Dad!" yelled Emma. "I'm not lost. I'm on Elmherst Street just south of Portland. I found Aqulia. He's here, daddy. He's really here." Emma said with tears running down her cheeks.

          "Okay, sweetheart, Aqulia is okay...right? And continue your way to Mount Ressolover. It will tak eme another day. And Emma, please call your mother and tell her where you are. Tell her the stroy. The WHOLE story." their father sounding a little strict.

          "Alrighty daddy. I will. And Aqulia is fine. He ws about twenty miles south of where we are now. He was looking for me. Same with me," Emma chuckled. "He's helping me on my way. He's the best brother." said Emma happily.

          "Just please be careful. And keep an eye on Aqulia. He's blind, so he'll need extra help." their father said.

          "He is? Well, either way, I should be get going. We have a long ways to Mount Ressolover. And then to Rosell Drive. Chao!" Emma said as she closed the phone shut and hung up.

 

          Next Emma called their mom. The phone started ringing.

 

          "Hello?" their mother answered, and asked.

          "Hey mom! It's me, Emma! Uh...yeah. I won't be home for a few days." Emma said nervously.

          "Why not, Emma Rosell? Where you not at your friend's house?!" scremed their mother through the phone.

          "Well..." Emma paused. "I went out to find my twin. Aqulia. He's blind, and he needed help. His sister's help. Dad said he'll be going to Mount Ressolover. We'' all be meeting at the coffee shop on Roseel Drive. Aqulia and I are going there. Mom, I know where it is. It was named after grandpa died, after showing mercy to those bad people, and saved the thousands of troops that he would have lost if he didn't. Mom, I swear I'm fine." Emma said calmly, to asure her mother.

          "Fine. But God help you becasue when you get," it was cut off by Emma haning up the phone while saying "Good-bye mother" while she was screaming at her.

 

          Aqulia and Emma started their way. Days worth of walking passed. Aqulia and Emma found a place to set up the tent Emma brought with her, and Aqulia had the sleeping bags. Once they were set and ready for bed, Emma asked Aqulia,

          "Daddy said you were blind. Is that true?" asked Emma feeling hopelessly sad for her brother.

          "Yeah. I'm afraid so. I lost them, fighting for my country. They were completely shot out. Doctors put in these fake ones so that I didn't feel as misplaced as I would have been without them." Aqulia said sounding a little depressed.

          "What were you doing that got them shot out?" Emma asked nervously.

          "I use to serve for the Navy. Emma, I'm afraid that's all I can tell you. I awake you at 6:30, no 7:00 tomorrow morning so we can finish our way to Rosell. Okay? Good-night." said Aqulia smiling and looking very charming.

          "Good-night, Aqulia." Emma said while yawning and just about ready to fall flat asleep.

 

          They slept well that night, and awoke at a loud noise. The rumbling got louder, and louder, and louder, and louder. It was also approaching fast...too fast. The ground shook. Luckily, Aqulia and Emma were already packed up, but no where close to being safe. They both ran for the tree. The both climbed up the tree. When the shaking was over, all Emma could see was rubble and street signs flug everywhere. She couldn't tell where she was. And she didn'y have a GPS in her phone, so they were lost. Lost. Emma couldn't believe it. Fifty miles away from seeing her dad for the first time, and a earthquake struck. Above all things, she couldn't believe it was an earthquake. She broke out in tears. When Emma and Aqulia came down from the tree, Aqulia gave Emma the biggest hug he could give to his sister, who just almost evreything she had. But she knew, she had to keep going forward and try to find someone or somewhere she could borrow a GPS so they could figure out where they need to be. Emma's phone rang at that point.

 

          "Hello?" Emma asked trembling.

          "Emma? Oh my God. Thank you Lord for keeping her safe. Are you alright? I heard there was an earthquake where you and Aqulia were estimated to be? How bad is it?"

          "I don't know. And me and Aqulia just finished packing when it hit. We climbed into a tree, and we're safe now. All I remember is we settled down in a forest around 11:30 last night. We were about 20 yards from Kingston Way. Do you have a GPS? Text me from your phone where we have to go. We need milages and ways. All street signs are torn down. Mom, please?!" cried Emma with some hope left inside of her.

          "Baby girl, don't cry. I have the GPS. I'll get my phone and text you the details. Don't cry. As long as you and Aqulia are safe, that's all I care about."

 

          Emma smiled said "Thank You." And then she hung up, adn waited desperatley for the text her mom would be sending her soon. She got it in 5 brutal minutes. It seemed like hours for Emma, and only seconds for Aqulia, since he didn't know what was going on, or didn't understand it all that well. Emma stated,

 

          "We have to head north, for about 10 miles untilwe hit Universe Drive, and then we make a right. 20 miles then we turn left, then right, then left, and then left again. Then another 15 and we have to turn three rights, go staright one block, then turn left. We should be there in about 8 hours. If we don't stop." Emma said sounding intelligent for once.

          "Alrighty then. Emma, you'll have to lead me along the way. With me being blind, and that terrible earyhquake that just struck, I'm afraid I have no idea what will be in my way now." Aqulia said soundign sophisticated.

          "Okay. Here, take my hand. I will tell you when to step over something and stuff like that. Come on. We have a long day ahead of us." Emma said smiling while she took ahold Aqulia's hand.

 

          They sarted their way. They got there in exactly 8 hours and 53 minutes. It was brutal. Thre was rubble leading up to the last 10 miles of the walk. When they got there, seeing her father. He looked confused.

 

          "What's wrong, daddy?" Emma asked ver scared now.

          "That's...That's...not Aqulia. Not my Aqulia. That's Aqulia best friend." her father said.

 

          Emma stood there in shock before she spoke.

          "Then, where is my brother?" Emma asked worriedly.

          "Aqulia, you brother, is with us. The whole time he was with us." Aqulia said sobbing.

          "You mean..." Emma paused, "He died?" Emma started crying.

          "I'm sorry. For both of you." Aqulia said sorrowful.

          "Why did you have to lie?!" screamed Emma. "It didn't help any of us. I hate you! I thought if you weren't my brother, and you're just some boy I found, tht I would have fallin' in love with you. Guess I was wrong. Good thing I didn't becasue I hate liars!" screamed Emma at the top of her lungs.   

 

          Emma stormed off outside of the coffee shop adn sat on the edge of the curb.

 

          "What happened? I saw him three days ago..." Emma's father said as he sat there confused.

          "Well, sir, he died at war. He went back to the military today. I was the first one to hear about it because I have connections. I use to be in the Navy, you see, and I lost my eyes that way. My name is also Aqulia." Aqulia said confidently.

 

          Emma's dad started crying. He sat in the coffee shop. Aqulia left him to be along, and went outside to sit with Emma.

 

          "I know you have every right to be mad at me. And I don't expect you to say anything, but to just look at me," Aqulia said outting his hand underneath Emma's chin adn turning her head. "I'm sorry I lied. I didn't want you to leave me. I want you. I want to be with you. Despite what happened. Your real brother, who's blind, and who's name is Aqulia also, he died a day after you set out to find him. He died saving and protecting our  country. Protecting you." Aqulia said really sounding like he was about to loose everything he had.      

          "It's okay," Emma responded responsibly. "I over reacted. I guess, I was happy to have another sibling. But, I admit, brother or not, I started falling for you anyways." Emma said wiping her tears away from her eyes and smiling.

 

          Emma kissed Aqulia. Aqulia kissed Emma back. Then Emma's dad came out and said it was time to go home. They found a working airport and the flew back to another airport, about 10 miles from Emma's house. When they got back, Emma's dad surprised her by proposing to her mom. Aqulia agreed to move in with them, since he had no family left. He went to the same high school, and they made special arragements so he was in the same classes as Emma. They said because he was blind, and Emma was his "protector" and was suppose to help him, they allowed the special arrangements to go through with this. Aqulia and Emma dated for the past 6 years, they even went to the same college. They married when they turned 20. They were almost twins. about 3 hours apart from each other. But other than that, you could say this story has a happy ever after, even if it wasn't a fairytale. <3

 

© 2011 Lyghea


Author's Note

Lyghea
ignore incorrect grammer, mispellings, ect.

Inspired by The Dead and The Gone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great Story! I loved the suspensefulness(if that is even a word) of it.
99/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2011

Author

Lyghea
Lyghea

Never Let Me Go



About
Quotes! *Everyone can write, Being able to make something out of that? That's true talent.* 1. Sometimes, the heart sees What’s invisible to the eye. 2. Never be bullied into silence.. more..

Writing
F**k Feelings F**k Feelings

A Poem by Lyghea


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Lyghea