Global Repositioning

Global Repositioning

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

An account of the recent earthquakes in Japan and in Alaska.

"
The recent earthquake in Japan and Alaska that occurred with the recent ones in Chile and in Haiti two years ago have been happening as a direct result of a shift of tectonic plates caused by volcanic activity beneath the earths crust. These disturbances are centered around the "Pacific Ring of Fire" as it is called. This is a major series of fault lines connecting the San Andreas Fault with a continuation of fault lines that navigates the perimeter of the Pacific Ocean and is just one of the many Rings of Fire circumventing the planet. These recent earthquakes are a continuation of disturbances that have been ongoing for years and indicates that the planet is indeed in the continuing process of major continental shifts.

What happened in Chile was that the South American Plate in coinciding with the Nazca Plate shifted because the pressure of volcanic activity forced an eruption beneath causing these two plates to rise and move rapidly resulting in the massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake. When this occurred it also created a Tsunami that had the capability of causing serious damage to Hawaii and the far East Coast. Luckily, the resulting Tsunami was very small and did not damage any shore line across the Pacific. The earthquake in Haiti which lies on the Caribbean Plate occurred when the Concos Plate was forced to move during more volcanic activity beneath these two plates. All of the earths land masses make up the lithosphere which exists as separate tectonic plates which float on the lava like asthemosphere. The fluidity of the earths asthemosphere allows the tectonic plates to shift in different directions and rise up causing earthquakes.

There is a distinct possibility that these two earthquakes occurred as a direct result of continuing fault lines shifting concurrently. This was just the beginning of more tremors and earthquakes that will continue to intensify. Sure their have been spontaneous earthquakes through-out history but with these two major earthquakes happening so close together is just too coincidental to think otherwise.

There is also the possibility of acceleration of continental shifts are indirectly linked to global warming. With the continued escalation of depleting the world of it's oil reserves, the ravaging of the earths surface through strip mining of coal and the mining of coal have caused great voids under the earths surface creating more of a climate in which the asthemosphere is more likely to shift to make up the difference in the voids that man has caused. With man's un quenching thirst for consuming these fossil fuels have only exasperated the acceleration of the polar ice caps certain extinction. This is also triggering major geological shifts of the oceans and continents.

Too often when a major earthquake strikes the major destruction and devastation that results in it's aftermath the poorest countries, cities, and towns suffer the most. The buildings and the rest of the infrastructure are so poorly constructed that when a major earthquake occurs the devastation is more acute than in countries, cities, and towns where citizens have the ability and capability of constructing buildings more structurally sound.

Until all nations realize the enormous impact of the colossal continued consumption of fossil fuels have on the disruption of the planet whether it is earthquakes or any other natural disaster the earth will continue to subject all humanity with upheavals of destruction that will only continue to escalate and occur more frequently with certain regularity.

Do nations have the resolve to use the technology developed and stop the enormous consumption of fossil fuels so that our planet will regain it's normal balance or is greed and thirst for power and control over populations that are continually being manifested by our present failure to utilize the technology that would render populations to be more prosperous and secure? Think of the epic catastrophes that are being played out today because of the lack of real concern for populations all over the world.

If monetary concerns were the only considering influences to shape polices, think of the enormous costs to nations if we fail to remedy these crisis. It is too enormous to even contemplate the horrific costs not only in dollars and cents but in all forms of life on this planet if we continue to consume fossil fuels at the current rate . It is imperative that we must reverse this trend and use the green technology for the betterment of mankind and for the preservation of nations.
 
 

© 2013 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013
Tags: Earthquakes, Global warming

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing