A Nation Beguiled

A Nation Beguiled

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

the media is purposely beguiling the public

"
For years now the United States has been running on empty. Empty promises of better times ahead. Instead our future is bleak. Our financial system is nothing more than a house of cards. Public education has turned out generations of substandard students. Our inner cities most of whom look like third world countries. What employment opportunities there are don't even come close to offering living wages. All of these and more are attributed to elected officials caring more about campaign contributions than the people they are supposed to serve. The many consequences of a democratic system that has become so inept and corrupt has now been further exasperated by the media in their complicity to pursue an agenda that is completely against the basic principles on which our nation was founded upon.

Today, we find ourselves in a deep quagmire not only politically, but spiritually, academically, and financially. There are serious issues confronting the United States and the rest of the world. And, with a Presidential election on the horizon we find many Presidential wannabe's catering to a public who have become so desensitized by the media. A media who continues to philander and sway public opinion toward a pre determined objective by an already established non elected power structure.

It is no wonder then that the Republican party has become a party of demagoguery and exclusion. This is a party who is capitalizing on the publics fears and frustration. The new found popularity of Donald Trump is a prime example. Feeding his growing popularity is the media's constant exposure to lure as many people as possible to be beguiled into believing that only Trump can ease the fear and frustration of a nation. But, what so many don't even realize is that this is all a well orchestrated pre planned scenario that only further divides an already divided nation.

There are warnings that spell imminent disruptions to our economy. More dangerous and damaging than the financial meltdown of 2008. While Clinton continues touting America's greatness under this facade of pretending all is well and good when in reality America’s core has been rotting for years. Under reported or just plain left out of the news while focusing on Trump and Clinton very soon yet another economic bubble will burst. It still isn't clear which major companies will be the spark that ignites a firestorm of financial calamity but one thing is for sure it will happen. Already, five iconic American companies are in the process of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Mass layoffs are more than a sure bet to follow.

But, what we have today is that much of the publics attention is being diverted away from this impending economic fall by the media. This while certain political candidates dicker over personal innuendoes has placed the United States like that old saying goes between a rock and a hard place. It really is a sad commentary for America when there comes along an individual that has the courage and conviction to stand up to the existing status-quo and question the viability of who is actually benefiting and is ridiculed for doing so.

Now, when you have had two maybe three generations of our population that many of them have gone through our substandard public educational systems this increases the gullibility of segments of the population to be unwitting incubators of an agenda that by design purposely beguiles the nation. Beguiled into believing and accepting what ever the media dictates. Much of the population is also accepting and being beguiled by certain political candidates own rhetoric. All of this is by design to purposely divert the publics attention away form one candidate and the economic fallout that is soon to hit the United States.



.

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on February 29, 2016
Last Updated on February 29, 2016
Tags: Media, Trump, politics

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing