The Ugly Truth No One Is Telling

The Ugly Truth No One Is Telling

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Global Warming has a drastic effect on the food we are eating

"
The unprecedented deluge of rain from Hurricane Harvey has left Houston and surrounding areas of Texas like a scene from the latest disaster movie San Andreas. There is really a definitive reason why disasters like this recent hurricane will only preclude that another more devastating storm will collide with populated areas around the globe.  But, that is only part of the more disturbing scenario that is playing out all over the world.  Yet, we have people in positions that could effect change to negate much of what will happen but aren't willing to acknowledge what fossil fuels have been and are still doing to our planet, our populations and our environment.  

It was back in the early 1970's that scientists began to realize what man has been doing to the environment and it's effect on populations. Without a doubt the scientific community have concurred that climate change is real and a real threat to all living organisms on our planet. Man has through their unrelenting thirst for more wealth using the fuel sources of the First and Second Industrial Revolution has effectively created conditions where mega storms like Hurricane Harvey will only increase in frequency and intensity. 

We also have to realize that air quality all over the globe has become more polluted, and our water from our oceans to freshwater rivers, streams and lakes have become cesspools where bacteria and other deadly microbes have spawned whereby more outbreaks of diseases and more deaths keep occurring. Today, there is enough scientific evidence to conclude that rising CO2 emissions not only induce more catastrophic mega storms but make our food sources  protein deficient. This protein deficiency effects our youth as well as adults. This is disturbing because our youth are more susceptible to protein deficiency. What that means is latter in life more serious health problems will occur. The evidence is overwhelming when we look at the increase of cancer rates, obesitydiabetes and other serious health concerns all have increased every year for the past 30 years or more. 

As if that is not bad enough a recent study published in the Journal of Environmental Health found that populations will continue to lose drastic amounts of dietary protein. They point out that when CO2 emission levels  rise as they have been the nutritional value of stable crops declined. So what we are seeing today is that with constant CO2 emissions the way they stand now the food we eat is linked to the increase of health related problems we are seeing today. The loss of protein in our diets effects billions of people the world over. 

Not only does CO2 emissions drastically reduce protein levels in our food supply but it decimates the iron levels as well. Today, billions of women lose sufficient levels of iron just because of the increasing levels of CO2. Like protein deficiency the lack of dietary iron has an adverse and long lasting effect on everyone's health including heart attacks and stroke. This is a global health crisis. Immune systems break down and the risk of Pandemics is rising faster each year.  

Combined with the increases of CO2 emissions along with the industrialization of our food has put mankind on the endangered species list. The ugly truth no one is telling is set to explode right in front of our noses and yet too many especially our Republicans have continued to dismiss the scientific facts of what fossil fuel has been doing to life, liberty and happiness. It is imperative that this nation and the rest of the world understand that we now have the technology, and the means to effectively render fossil fuels obsolete. All that is missing is the political will to usher in sustainable green energy sources that will protect our food, our planet and provide renewable energy for all now and for the future. 

© 2017 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on August 31, 2017
Last Updated on August 31, 2017
Tags: climate change, nature

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing