Toys

Toys

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The toys of today have helped steered the United States into America's decline

"
So this is Christmas. A time of year when children everywhere wait in anticipation for Santa to deliver toys and games to every boy and girl. When we really think about though the kinds of toys that actually are beneath the Christmas tree they have very little in common to the toys of yesteryear. Ever notice how toys today have evolved in a way that children are less likely to develop a creative passion using their imagination in interacting with their toys. When we look back to a time long since past children were more inclined through toys and games in developing creativity, imagination and actually interacting with other children.

It seems that through-out our history there has been periods where our youth have grown into maturity with a definitive creative mindset. Sad to say that the toys of today many of our youth will grow up void of much of that creativity and imagination that the youth of generations ago attained while immersed in play with the toys of that period. Never before has there been a period like the times of today where our youth have been indoctrinated by the stealth posturing of an agenda that purposely diminishes the child's innate ability to foster a creative instinct. An instinct whereby their imagination and creativity grows so that someday they could very well bring forth ideals, concepts, theories and solutions to actually improve mankind. 

Parents today are caught in a web woven by a power structure that wields so much influence over populations. It is that influence that steers society toward an agenda determined by a power elite. It is they who control the media and governments all over the world. For the past 70 years the evolution of toys have been systemically and purposely engineered to reduce our youths ability to question societies transformation from the norms of acceptable behavior those 70 years ago to a new lower denominator of acceptable behavior of today.

The times of things past seem so out of place today. We are now living in a world that spins much faster now. We have evolved into a world where innocence is lost, a world of lost virtue where goodness, honesty, integrity, and compassion have all lost there place. A world now ruled by greed and selfish desires. And, to a large extent this so called evolution of children's toys has only expedited this realization. 

We no longer say or hear Merry Christmas. We are now living in times where our heritage and traditions are being replaced which is cementing societies shift toward a set predetermined agenda. Again, toys of today are the real indicators of societies shift. So many of the toys of today are designed not for developing a sense of camaraderie among others but for the individual child to interact on an individual basis. This does nothing to improve or develop the ability to in later life be able to foster lasting relationships. Unlike toys of the past many of which were designed to foster a competitiveness while also creating a bond between other players.

Like the toys of today much can be said about the decline of educational standards especially in elementary education in the way our whole society has  shifted. The Television venues for children too are complicit in the structuring of societies shift away form the traditions and heritage that made America what is was. A very sad commentary for our times that we have allowed our society to succumb so that our traditions of the past are no longer acceptable in today's world. To that extent the toys, games and television of today have only accelerated America's decline.

© 2018 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 16, 2018
Last Updated on December 16, 2018
Tags: Toys, society, children

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing