GIFT OF A FRIEND

GIFT OF A FRIEND

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES
"

maybe tomorrow..

"

GIFT OF A FRIEND

by christine zapanta andes

“The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you define the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend

 

          It’s not that I like Demi Lovato that I made this song as my introduction; it’s just these melodious words that captured me to switch my monotonous daydreaming in the jeepney-ride-to-work journey into a reminiscence of a memory.

          You may call it melodramatic, yet there’s no one to blame if I learned to resemble every person I met with a song.

          Indeed, I wrote this chapter for the one I remembered teh most as the clear night sky slowly falls on me like a raindrop in a misty eve of summer:

In the days of my extreme eagerness to pursue my dreams, we meet halfway. And the one thing she said that I’d never forget was “always include in your goals, the things that you can do/ contribute to your workplace.”

Well, I was astonished that I realized I seem to wake up every day, go to work and fill the day with paper jams and post-it’s, without defining the real essence of what am I doing.

True, that at this very moment, I am still confused of what was and what will be of me; but I never thought she’s the person who will push me to wake up and realize that I am already at the edge of a building.

Maybe sometimes, you don’t know that the very person who can answer your burdens is just a sit-apart. And I was kind of lucky; lucky to see that the person who made my day (which is today as I wrote this sort-of-nonsense-stuff) is the one I least expected; considering that she’s the only one who makes me feel I am normal than anyone else despite the fact that I used to being weird for many.

If you happened to have a lot of friends, you might find this chapter insensible; but for the people with only a few like me, it’s a big deal.

The very thing that collides us is food. The moment we sit together, we feed not just our stomach but our talks with different stories. We learned to share our to and fro; how we laugh at our own faults and share our ultimate principles in life.

Time might not be that kind to us when she had to leave. I never got the chance to know her favorite color or dress. And I never had the chance to let her know that this song clearly reminds me of how I learned her life-long views for me to consider that I do not merely exist, yet I LIVE.

 

P.S. Thanks Ate Roby 









© 2015 CHRIS ANDES


Author's Note

CHRIS ANDES
for a friend. hope you like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Heartwarming story here.
A very enjoyable read.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 16, 2015


Author

CHRIS ANDES
CHRIS ANDES

[email protected]



About
as you decided to look at this profile you are actually opening a psychoelectromagnetic world of music. Any information that your intellectual curiousity desires to know just hit the mes.. more..

Writing