Day 6

Day 6

A Chapter by The Violent Wolf
"

memories and stargazing...

"
January 15, 2012 �" Day 6
    This morning I was going through my bag, wondering what all I had packed when I came upon my wallet and opened it, reliving memories I had stored in there. I had a number of cards; my school i.d. card with my horrible picture, my National Bookstore card that expired two years ago, a Timezone Powercard, and another one with a poem entitled “Love” on it. I found several pictures of when me and some of my friends had ushered for my school. One was a picture of me and Jano. We had been together then. But then it ended. He’d been one of the people who’d died in the crash. I also found a picture of Nathaniel. He had sent it to me in my freshmen year. I never found out why he’d sent it. I found my ticket to the Globetrotters show in Araneta Coliseum and my ticket to the Superbowl that my churches youth group in the US had gone to. I found notes from some of my classmates from CCS, asking me to keep in touch with them. I found a letter from Daniel from the time he’d thought I was going to ask him to Sadies. I found a letter form Danya and a letter from Katie, when they’d had to leave Faith. I found numerous appreciation notes from throughout my whole four years at Faith. I found the poem I had copied down then put in Jano’s locker in my freshman year. My wallet was my scrapbook, full of memories and feelings. But none of that mattered now. The ‘now’ mattered. The ‘here’ mattered.
    We found a couple of trees that grew these little oranges about the size of a silver dollar. They were tiny! But they were yummy, too. Much tastier than the coconuts.
    Later:
    That night Nate and I layed on the beach and stargazed. Without any other lights the stars were brilliant. It was as if angels had had poked holes in the sky so they could peek at us an it was the light from heaven that was pouring out towards us. It was ethereal.
    We lay there talking about the most mundane things. The Patriots, the stream across the road from my house in the US, kimchi, hats, martial arts, dying, boomerangs, his dog, climbing trees and of course, the moon and stars. We both agreed that the moon appeared to be winkind at us. Those were just a few of the topics we passed through among the dozens we touched. We layed there through the night talking, until we drifted to sleep where we layed.



© 2012 The Violent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, I love some of your descriptions! I especially liked the one, "It was as if angels had had poked holes in the sky so they could peek at us an it was the light from heaven that was pouring out towards us." Very poetic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

11 Years Ago

tnx haha i like describing stuff sumtyms

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: stars, moon, memories


Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing