Moving On

Moving On

A Poem by tynamite
"

Last day of school, going university in September. It's unfair for me to leave as my time was robbed.

"
I was here, but now I'm gone;
will I find something new to shine upon?

Will I find the strength to carry on;
while I'm forcibly moving on?

© 2010 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
Can you please comment what this poem means for you? This means to comment what changes in your life this poem would apply to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this poem, an issue that affects most people at some time in their life. Very nice and easy to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well college is a good thing to do and worry not youll do fine

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked this poem. very simply said but you do convey alot of meaning!
as for the meaning obviously everybodies going to have a different view.. but for me i can see this as loss. this loss is taking a toll on this person i think.. that's what i got from it.
this relates to me as i've had a fair bit of loss and i think that i go looking for attention and all sorts of things...so i think your poem says that by "somthing new to shine upon"
good stuff! send your read requests anytime! i enjoyed reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short and simple. I like it because it does make me think of going to college, before I read your description up top. I am starting my second year next month and it is so exciting, but it is change again with new classes, new room, and possibly new friends. :)
This could apply to any situation with change, really. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great write
in life we are always on the get go, always trying to reach a goal, but sometimes we crumble but we have to keep our heads up and keep aiming for success!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a poem of loss. It speaks of moving on into another direction not of one's own volition. Maybe this applies to a child moving to another neighborhood, having to make new friends, etc. , maybe a partner or a spouse having to start anew after a breakup, maybe someone who loses a job.

In fact, this applies to so many situations, there probably is no one who could not find some application in his/her past experiences. That makes it relevant and the simple language and tone make it accessible.

I would probably not use the words 'I'm forcibly.' I think it is an awkward construction, it's meaning cloudy. Does it mean the same as 'forcibly moved on' -- as if by forces beyond the speaker's control? I thought about it, and 'being forced to' runs a little smoother, while maintaining the same number of syllables and thus the same rhythm. I am sure there are other ways to reconstruct that part, if you think this a valid criticism.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good! Quick and to the point, like many of my favourites. I'd change the word "forcibly," a bit too clinical for a sharp poem like this. think on it, but otherwise, I like.

As to "what it means for me," well, we all have things beyond our control in our lives, responsibilities, places we have to go, or places we have to leave before our time, whether it's a new job or city, or a death. Very open to interpretation, which of course enhances the quality.

Posted 13 Years Ago


for me, it would be realization kicking
in and just having to deal with
my current situation...
but this flows really good,
i like it. (:
great write. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Especially after the blurb before the poem, it makes me think of leaving home for college. The song "Who I Am" by Faktion, which describes something similar, is actually the first thing I thought of when I read your poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem reminds me of a time when I was forced to leave a city and job and house and all my friends due to things beyond my control...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on June 9, 2010
Tags: last, day, school, moving, on, change

Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..