“I deserved to live”

“I deserved to live”

A Poem by Pax
"

~ perspective of the unborn, again I am always open to any discussion

"



“I deserved to live”

 

I am life

Unwanted, Unplanned, Unexpected

Or perhaps

a failed expectation.

 

There are many major reason

to

Why oh Why

I was a mistake

 

But there is one important reason why I needed to be born?

 

“I deserved to live”

 

What is so wrong for me to have what you have?

To breathe what you breathe

To eat what you eat

To experience

life itself.

 

You may not care for me, but I am sure someone would.

 

I anticipate the future what is like to live

what is like to have my own choice

now a little too late.

 

You know maybe someday

There will come a time that mankind

will lose the ability to reproduce,

the signs is already there

you just don’t see it.

 

Often times man create its own demise.

 

I wish you just have let me live and then give me away,

That I would understand.

 

I wish I could be a test-tube baby

Perhaps that I would have a chance

Of entering this god given world.

 

All are too late now.

 

I am sheer whisper,

A pleading spirit who wants to be heard

I came out of nothing penned down

in someone’s emptied mind

written in this emptied paper he holds so dear.

 

I am nothing but just a smeared ink

in this white sheet

laying around

waiting to be understood.

 

 












 

Author's note:


I was actually heading to write about in vitro or test-tube baby, that was the first thing that comes to mind. But there was something that leads me into writing this perspective and its concept (“a perspective of the unborn”).

 

In vitro, in my perspective, I always have this in mind that instead of abortion that kills, there is abortion that preserves. Yes, to legalized abortion to preserve a life, to be given to the deserving family who are unable to reproduce. But that though in a wrong hands, there will always be someone who will used all the unwanted to breath something sinister and can be subjected to many unnecessary experiments.

 

 

We all know fertility drops with aged and some other underlying factors. If given an unexpected gift, I would not waste his/her life to nothing.

 

 

“a failed expectation.” ~ do you know that this thought comes from Sex-selective abortion. That people abort unwanted female baby because most cultural norms value male children over female children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

 

After writing this piece, I did some quick research on the net:

 

46 million abortions are undergone every year.

That makes 126 thousand every day.

20 million abortions are obtained in countries where it is restricted or prohibited by law.

The lifetime average is one abortion per woman.

http://maryana01.deviantart.com/art/Abortion-Part-Nineteen-84588899

 

The percentage infertility was estimated at 8% for women aged 19-26 years, 13-14% for women aged 27-34 years and 18% for women aged 35-39 years.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14704244

 

 

In conclusion to all of this stuff, I write not to open an issue, but to let the young ones and others to be aware of this issue. Life is a gift, and everyone deserves it. 

 

Ethical question regarding abortion usually include:

 

Are embryos, zygotes and fetuses "persons" worthy of legal protections?

 

Should the potential to be a person give embryos, zygotes and fetuses a right to life?

 

Does a fetus gain rights as it gets closer to birth?

 

Does a woman have an absolute right to determine what happens in and to her body?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases of rape, incest, or contraception failure?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases where the fetus is deformed?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases where if the pregnancy were to continue, it would

 

pose a direct threat to the life of the mother?

 

© 2016 Pax


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You tackle a big subject.
Your author 's note shows you are a mindful and considerate person.
You mentioned "god given life"...
I believe all life is in the hands of God.
God will balance the scales and every soul is in God's care.
Death is part of this world. History shows what happens when we outlaw a mother's choice.
Maybe we need to show more love, support, and unconditional acceptance of the mothers in our society? Maybe then more women would feel safe and secure enough to be pregnant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah... the sanctity of life ... You tally all aborted babies in america alone it would make Adolf Hitler a saint.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are such a brave one my friend, I am pro choice, pro life, and yes you can be both. I don't want Government to have sovereignty over my choice for my own body, yet I also agree a child has a right to life, especially if that child is healthy. You have tackled a hard subject friend and you've done it beautifully, still there are circumstances that make choice necessary. A forced unwanted child will unlikely be given away, but instead tortured, too much of that happening in the world today as it is.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You tackle a big subject.
Your author 's note shows you are a mindful and considerate person.
You mentioned "god given life"...
I believe all life is in the hands of God.
God will balance the scales and every soul is in God's care.
Death is part of this world. History shows what happens when we outlaw a mother's choice.
Maybe we need to show more love, support, and unconditional acceptance of the mothers in our society? Maybe then more women would feel safe and secure enough to be pregnant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I appreciate how much thought and dedication went in to this poem, which I thoroughly appreciated, great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shocking, it is indeed, and a potent topic and I am pleased to read this, well conveyed love, pleasure to read x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a hard topic. I have three grand boys and four children. Each life is important. I believe the situation can make something hard to do. in the case of rape. It is the age and the stability of the person I believe that decide the decision. Rape is a crime. I believe we need the old family values back. Both parent must work and kids raise themselves. A open door for a society to having many problems. Thank you for your thoughts on a difficult topic.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax, Pax...this is a very sensitive subject for me. That's why I did not make a review right away you posted this.

There are some couples who dreamed to have even a child but they were not blessed with it. There are some who do not wish to have many children and yet they're blessed with many.

Life is indeed a gift and everyone deserves it. And I hate those who are involved in abortion. A baby is an angel...a gift...who needs to be loved.

Very moving for me, Pax. Thanks for the share.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I actually don’t hate or love it, nor I am agreeing or disagreeing on it… It’s just that there.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
WHOA!! I didn’t know what I was getting myself into here. Like most women on here…I am pro-choice. I fully believe that everyone has a right to choice. I’m not a fan of abortion because I feel like it creates more problems than it solves but I am in no position to tell somebody what to do with their body. Compassion is most important when it is hard…do you not think there is equal negativity and hate in forcing a rape victim to have a baby…yes it wasn’t the baby’s fault but it wasn’t her fault either. It’s not easy to just say suck it up for nine months and then give it away. We let them choose, we pray for peace and healing….free of judgment full of love and we move forward. I can’t claim to know what’s best because my opinion is always based on what’s on the outside. I see where you are coming from and now your heart is good…your love for life is what makes you value everyone my friend! For me however disregarding someone’s choice is choosing the baby over the mother and how is that better than choosing the mother than the baby? There is no black and white here! Saying there is creates hurt without the intention of creating hurt…but hurt none the less!
In all that I forgot to mention that I really respect you for being honest about your views…it took courage to do that and it should not be over looked! Despite our different views…I have nothing but love for you Pax!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

smiles, it's shocking and sensitive isn't it my friend?

Like in life, we are always giv.. read more
Mia

10 Years Ago

You're right, everyone has an opinion and because of the sensitivity of this piece...I feel like eve.. read more
I like the idea of a poem being in the perspective of an unborn child, and any newborn has a right to live.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Hey Greg my friend, thanks for this visit and review, its great to see yah... and it's always a plea.. read more
Wow, my friend.

I've been away a long time. When did you start producing poems of such magnitude? You personify the unborn to a degree that is chilling to read. And the points you bring up during the piece...I never thought about the connection between abortion and the rate of infertility. Very insightful and again...foreboding.

In my heart, abortion is wrong, though I accept that under certain circumstances it might be the only option, such as to save a mother's life. To the question of when is it alive? The answer seems obvious to me. The moment it starts to grow, with cells reacting and dividing, expanding into what will eventually become a small child, if given half a chance, it is a living being. To cut that life short for any reason other than to preserve another life seems wrong...

An excellent piece, my friend, one I hope more have the chance to read and take to heart.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Smiles, it’s been not that long my friend… I totally agree to your insights my friend.
read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2016
Tags: perspective of the unborn

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Candles of Shame Candles of Shame

A Poem by Pax