“I deserved to live”

“I deserved to live”

A Poem by Pax
"

~ perspective of the unborn, again I am always open to any discussion

"



“I deserved to live”

 

I am life

Unwanted, Unplanned, Unexpected

Or perhaps

a failed expectation.

 

There are many major reason

to

Why oh Why

I was a mistake

 

But there is one important reason why I needed to be born?

 

“I deserved to live”

 

What is so wrong for me to have what you have?

To breathe what you breathe

To eat what you eat

To experience

life itself.

 

You may not care for me, but I am sure someone would.

 

I anticipate the future what is like to live

what is like to have my own choice

now a little too late.

 

You know maybe someday

There will come a time that mankind

will lose the ability to reproduce,

the signs is already there

you just don’t see it.

 

Often times man create its own demise.

 

I wish you just have let me live and then give me away,

That I would understand.

 

I wish I could be a test-tube baby

Perhaps that I would have a chance

Of entering this god given world.

 

All are too late now.

 

I am sheer whisper,

A pleading spirit who wants to be heard

I came out of nothing penned down

in someone’s emptied mind

written in this emptied paper he holds so dear.

 

I am nothing but just a smeared ink

in this white sheet

laying around

waiting to be understood.

 

 












 

Author's note:


I was actually heading to write about in vitro or test-tube baby, that was the first thing that comes to mind. But there was something that leads me into writing this perspective and its concept (“a perspective of the unborn”).

 

In vitro, in my perspective, I always have this in mind that instead of abortion that kills, there is abortion that preserves. Yes, to legalized abortion to preserve a life, to be given to the deserving family who are unable to reproduce. But that though in a wrong hands, there will always be someone who will used all the unwanted to breath something sinister and can be subjected to many unnecessary experiments.

 

 

We all know fertility drops with aged and some other underlying factors. If given an unexpected gift, I would not waste his/her life to nothing.

 

 

“a failed expectation.” ~ do you know that this thought comes from Sex-selective abortion. That people abort unwanted female baby because most cultural norms value male children over female children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

 

After writing this piece, I did some quick research on the net:

 

46 million abortions are undergone every year.

That makes 126 thousand every day.

20 million abortions are obtained in countries where it is restricted or prohibited by law.

The lifetime average is one abortion per woman.

http://maryana01.deviantart.com/art/Abortion-Part-Nineteen-84588899

 

The percentage infertility was estimated at 8% for women aged 19-26 years, 13-14% for women aged 27-34 years and 18% for women aged 35-39 years.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14704244

 

 

In conclusion to all of this stuff, I write not to open an issue, but to let the young ones and others to be aware of this issue. Life is a gift, and everyone deserves it. 

 

Ethical question regarding abortion usually include:

 

Are embryos, zygotes and fetuses "persons" worthy of legal protections?

 

Should the potential to be a person give embryos, zygotes and fetuses a right to life?

 

Does a fetus gain rights as it gets closer to birth?

 

Does a woman have an absolute right to determine what happens in and to her body?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases of rape, incest, or contraception failure?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases where the fetus is deformed?

 

Is abortion acceptable in cases where if the pregnancy were to continue, it would

 

pose a direct threat to the life of the mother?

 

© 2016 Pax


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You tackle a big subject.
Your author 's note shows you are a mindful and considerate person.
You mentioned "god given life"...
I believe all life is in the hands of God.
God will balance the scales and every soul is in God's care.
Death is part of this world. History shows what happens when we outlaw a mother's choice.
Maybe we need to show more love, support, and unconditional acceptance of the mothers in our society? Maybe then more women would feel safe and secure enough to be pregnant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, Pax, you've been touching on controversial issues, which is good...normally, I, personally, steer clear from such subjects in writing because it's a world I escape to from the 'real world'...yet writing like this is necessary, to be heard...I know in the Philippines, there is an over population problem...that resources gets exhausted...how can a country sustain a population...The concern is the Catholic Church not promoting contraceptives or educating about it...again, lets move over to China's policy, with the one baby per household(which I've read the government may retract)...because they are concerned of resource, yet pollution runs rampant there...here's something similar in countries like China and India...they scan the sex of the baby in favor of a boy...Now, here in America...there's pro choice, which is protested because of roe v wade 1973(a court case allowing abortion)...I remember my science teacher stating, that as humans, we are the only mammals to use procreation at our leisure...Deep, yeah...It's a wedge issue I find that would never win in a moralistic sense...yet I'm for a woman's choice to choose and also population control. Thought provoking write, Pax.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

First I want to say sorry for my late response. I did some research about the matter before I come h.. read more
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You're welcome, Pax.
I am still pro choice, and I agree with Frieda. But you have written a compelling, compassionate piece; everyone should be aware of this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Marie, I am grateful with your viewpoint, I understand it very well... like always.. read more
Wow a tough one Pax. I do agree with Frieda... A woman's right to choose, but that being said, abortion should never be used as an alternate form of birth control the way I've heard some people do, to allow themselves to be irresponsible in the moment. But... This makes me think and wonder, when does life truly begin? At what point in time do we gain this soul? Certainly long before we are birthed I believe... Actually my beliefs on this are very obscure... I "saw" my sons face and personality many years before he was even conceived... If I sound crazy, whatever, but I believe that to be true... Ok... I'm gonna wonder about this all day now... Totally though provoking and touching write, my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

A tough one indeed! I was re-reading and reading the reviews here for almost three days, and I am st.. read more
Excellent write as always and very insightful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you my friend, I'll shall be back to your works soon, I have missed reading your pages.... be .. read more
you dwell on a very sensitive and difficult subject matter, pax.
the question is: when does life begin? is it upon the meeting of the eggs and the sperm? is it during the trimester? or is during the birth? religion, medicine and other fields cannot really agree on this matter. it's very chilling really to hear a fetus speaking the words you pen. but in the real world, some countries recognize the right or the choice of the women over the right of a fetus to be born. unfortunately, the unborn does not have a right neither does he have a choice. Her right to life depends on the affection and love of a woman. Gripping piece my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

hehe, wala lang, just being polite i guess... yun na rin nga eh, sabi mo "religion, medicine and oth.. read more
gabrielle

10 Years Ago

i truly like your piece pax. i believe that this kind of theme is rarely touch in "poetry" because o.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

you can vent all you want, I am here to listen like a friend always does... I think you have a stron.. read more
A very controversial subject Pax, I like that you wrote it from the fetus's veiwpoint...I still believe in a woman's right to choose, there are too many unwanted babies born out of guilt, desperation and prejudice, many don't have half a chance with those odds. I was an unwed mother with my first child and I never had the thought to get rid of my child, but there are so many women in dire straits, rape victims for just one instance, bringing an unwanted child into this already fooked up crazy world, may not be the answer for everyone. Great read my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

".there are special cases that need to looked at with compassion and an open mind and heart."~ I bel.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Blind, deaf and dumb in some instances, ours is not a cookie cutter world...I'm really glad you open.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

I am glad as well, thank you so much, tight hugs!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2016
Tags: perspective of the unborn

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Candles of Shame Candles of Shame

A Poem by Pax