An Endless Mile

An Endless Mile

A Poem by Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells

As the miles stretch behind an ever seeing mirror

Wonder if the road traveled was the most important

could have the days gone by, be better spent

Was a wise decision made on the long highway

 

Have I found what I was looking for

Or mere dreams crushed upon an anvil of pain

What was I looking for, happiness or pity

Or just the lovers caress, could I not find more

 

Amind in torment of wonder and suspicion

Unable to grapse the meaning, yet still crushed

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer

Yet, still, was I right in fact to help

 

Here I sit

Remove the dagger from my back

Throwing on a coat I trudge another

Endless mile

© 2008 Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
The never ending questions...........should I have, could I have, would I have? The first stanza is the best.
as the miles stretch behind an ever seeing mirror
wonder if the road traveled was the most important
could have the days gone by, be better spent
was a wise decision made on the long highway
I think this is a question we ask ourselves all to often. Good flow to this piece and I love the concept. Well done

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've been told that you should never look back!

Great contemplative monologue - doesn't every wonder 'what if' at some stage in their life? Could life have been different if we chose a different road? We have to learn to accept the life we live in order to grow and move toward a better path (I SO hope that's true!!!).

Lovely flow in the stanzas with the hope of moving on at the end. Fantastic

Hugs, Mystic Dreams


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like this. it reminds me of numerous life issues that resemble these words. to me, this piece seems to meander in the beginning and then the journey of words brings you softly into the ending realization - life goes on, so you must as well. that is to say- I like the way you used these words to unexpectedly turn me down an unexpected road.

don't know if journey will end anytime soon but i get "keep moving' out of this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very lonely stretch of a poem, this. I love it. It's so full of angst and wonder and digs a tad further at the end with the knife in the back. It's strange the winding roads we find ourselves on in this life....I wish I had answers to the unending questions. I'm now reminded of something I used to say to myself to keep it all in check: What time is it and where are your feet? The answer: here and now. It's been a long time since I've lived in it, but I do recall it to be a far better place than 'wonder' land.
Excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

found what I was looking for
Or mere dreams crushed upon an anvil of pain- it is profound



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poignant and thought provoking. Your poems as always captivate me and throw me into an other world of tumultuous emotions. The feeling of being betrayed was so strong and I loved the ending stanza. Even after being betrayed and hurt we must continue on through life, there is no other way. Great write.


Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful metaphor for life and insight and the wisdom and quesitoning that comes from experience. I really like the somewhat abstract allusion to a relationship and where it left you good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think we all find ourselves in this wonderful philosophical and metaphorical lines.

These lines are full of sadness and disappointment in life - when you should enjoy every mile you go forth, always see the positive in everything, because everything has a good and a bad side - so why only see the dark one. Happiness is a feeling deep within us, which we all have to create and seek on our own.
Life will be as good as we make it. So why not let the sun shine on our highway for a change?!

Very good work - and very thought provoking!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderfully written, impressive work. Nicely done. I really enjoyed this piece.


Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You so decribe the pain of keeping on, and going forward despite the hurt and pain of the jealousy of others, and their countless ways of trying to keep you in the preverbial mud, when you wish to soar like the eagle. Keep flying on, it is very good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Nicely centered theme. Keeps one attentive to every word.

Good Work!

Daniel

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2008

Author

Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells
Christopher 'Windstorm' Kells

Eugene , OR



About
As the wheel of time goes ever on, we change we learn and we shine, i am thankful this year for many reasons, i am 35 this year, so i look forward to an exciting year, with new friends, old acquainta.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..