Fashion students show off their style in end-of-year show

Fashion students show off their style in end-of-year show

A Story by Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

SPACE exploration, feminism and the impact of racial prejudice were among the themes represented at a catwalk fashion show in Oxford last Friday.

photos:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses

Students taking fashion courses at City of Oxford College held the end-of-year event to have their work seen by industry contacts, family and friends.

A wild variety of materials and designs �" ethereal and edgy in equal measure �" were on display over two shows at the theatre in the college's Oxpens Road campus.

Among the students to strut their stuff on the day was Gabriella Macdonald, 18, pictured here on the right next to fellow model Chloe Wiblin.

She said: "The event was amazing. I loved it. My collection was based on Bad Blood by Taylor Swift; I changed it as a concept and looked at it through feminism. The colour scheme was all black and red and leather. I made three outfits, which were a total of seven garments. It took pretty much the whole year."

The event marks the beginning of the college's summer show season. It will be followed by exhibitions of students' work in art and design, graphics, textiles, photography and ceramics from June 21 to 24 at the Oxpens Road campus.

Read more:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/evening-dresses

© 2016 Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016
Tags: fashion, students, style, dress, marieprom

Author

Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts
Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

Hong Kong, China



About
Etrade Supply is mainly for business of mobile phone repair parts like LCD display screen and digitizer or other small parts, mobile phone accessories and repair tools. more..

Writing