Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by potato

Long, long ago, there was an old kingdom called Eden. Eden had always been a peaceful place for farmers and peasants and their families. The people of Eden all loved their king and kingdom. But, little did they know what their king was planning to do with the smallest village in the kingdom, Endergrove. Everyone who lived in Endergrove were farmers or weavers. Even the children were brought up to be great farmers and weavers. But, one family was different than all the others in Endergrove. They were the Stiens. The Stiens were a big family with a very large farm. If you met them, you would merely think that they were an ordinary family of farmers. But their father was the only one in the village that was told he had to serve in the kings army as a knight.The people who lived in the house were: Annie(Lance's mother), Sofia(Lance's sister at the age of 5), Lance (Annie's only son at the age of 20), Meredith(Lance's wife), Lance the second(Lance's 2 month old son), Annet and arsie (Lance's twin daughters at 1 and a half), and Charlie(the family dog).

Today was like every other ordinary day, Sofia had her chores while Annie and Meredith made lunch, cleaned the house, and did other odds and ends such as taking care of the babies and sewing. Lance helped Sofia milk the cows, collect eggs, feed the horses, cows, chickens, etc. and bottle fed the baby cows, horses, pigs, and goats. After Sofia finished her chores  she and lance ran inside for lunch and she announced to the house that she was going to play with Ann, her best friend. She headed out the front door with an extra sandwich and juice and her favorite ball. That ball was the one that her father gave her before he left the village to go fight in the kings royal army. Sofia was only three then and has never seen him since. It was pink and blue and had farm animals all over it. But right in the middle was a hand painted picture of a little boy. It was her father. He told her that he had painted it when he first got the ball. Meanwhile, Lance had to go and do a few chores himself. He had to grind grain for flour and grind up the older grain with the grain that had gone bad for feed for the livestock. Then he had to see if any of the summer harvest were ready(they never are)he thought to himself. Ever since their father left the summer crop was always a bust. A few fruits here and a few veggies there, but never anything like the fall or spring harvest. Then when everything was finished he'd take off his shirt and run toward the stream.

"Get my army together" Shouted the king from his throne. “I demand that the tiny village of Endergrove be ransacked and all goods and livestock of any value taken.” "TODAY" He shouted even louder at his knight in command. “Yes sir. I will gather one hundred men and leave at once.” “Good. Good. You are dismissed.” When he told the men what they were to do, they all shouted in protest things like: But they are our people, It is our land,their land, and I don't care what he told you, I'm telling you now, I ain't doing it!! “SILENCE!!!!” he shouted “I don't agree with it any more than you do but we must obey orders.” “Sir.”A strong voice spoke up. “I understand completely, but I,I,I just can't.” “Young Stien, I too understand why you can't. But the king demanded 99 men, and then YOU.”

Lance was on his way back from the stream when he heard screams and cries back toward the village square. He began to run full blast toward the square. He knew only one thing. Sofia was in the square. When he reached the square, he could not believe his eyes. The kings men were ransacking the place and threatening to kill anyone who gets in their way. He saw Sofia, struggling with a knight. He was obviously new, for they had not allowed him to go along armed. He was trying to take her ball. Lance ran full speed at the knight, not even thinking that he could be killed for assaulting a knight. He tackled him and fell to the ground head first and passed out. The night had no clue what to do so he ran off to take things from another house. “Lance!!” Sofia shouted and fell to the ground where he lay. She thought he was dead. “Please Lance.Please.Don't die. Please.” The men were leaving with armfuls of food and valuables. Many had sheep and other animals dragging behind them. Their neighbor Mr. Machin ran to Sofia and saw Lance. He knew we was not dead but that he had hit his head pretty hard and possibly broken some bones.he calmed Sofia down and told her he was just sleeping and to go back to his house to play with Ann. She did. He carried Lance home where he found Lances mother and wife in a panic. He calmed them and said he'd call for the doctor.And recommended that Sofia stay with Ann and him until Lance is back on his feet.



© 2014 potato


Author's Note

potato
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014
Tags: knights, king, kingdom


Author

potato
potato

NC



About
I love to write,I always have. Writing has always been my escape to my own little world and out of the terrifying one I was living in. I love to write fiction,but with some true stories of my life and.. more..

Writing
Mia Mia

A Poem by potato


The Ocean The Ocean

A Poem by potato


A Miracle? A Miracle?

A Chapter by potato