Spring Rain *How Could You Forget*

Spring Rain *How Could You Forget*

A Story by potato
"

Rain was a spring person,and she loved spring so very much. But she left him there.....

"

Her name?

Her name was Rain. A Spring person, she was, most certainly; there was no other way to put it. You remember that? As soon as the flowers began to blossom and the butterflies broke out of their cocoons she refused to enter the house. We'd joke and say she moved to the garden, and sometimes that was exactly what she did. She'd stay out with just you; long after the sun had gone down, way past your bedtime, roasting marshmallows under the stars. You loved it, camping in the garden; you wouldn't stop talking about it, even though it gave you terrible colds. I tried joining you once, and I couldn't help but notice the way her eyes would shimmer under the moonlight as I asked why she loved Spring so much.

"You see," she smiled, snuggled up to you "It was Spring when they first found me. That foster home I took you to last year? That's where they took me. It was a rainy night, far too cold for a baby to be alone. Every Spring, the children would celebrate what we could only assume was my birthday. It was beautiful, and everyone was so happy. God, that was, how long ago? Ten... Eleven years, I think."

You two were inseparable. She's the one who got you into sports, remember? We'd all be sitting in the light Spring breeze, but you two? You'd be kicking a ball around the garden as if there was no tomorrow. You'd be so out of breath; she'd just laugh at you, her cheeks glowing pink. She'd tell you off because you'd run around outside with no shoes and then walk in without washing your feet. It drove her insane, but you did it every time. I wonder if you did it on purpose, sometimes.

That Spring, she took off to wherever the wind would take her. She'd always told me that she wanted to travel, far away, with nothing to guide her - That was just the kind of person she was. She would've taken you, too, if it wasn't for...

I can't believe you've already forgotten Rain.

© 2014 potato


Author's Note

potato
Please let me know what you think of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. A bit confusing. But nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


potato

9 Years Ago

Thanks,it is meant to leave you thinking.
Wild Spirit

9 Years Ago

Ad that it did
Wild Spirit

9 Years Ago

And not ad 😒

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: spring, love, leave, rain

Author

potato
potato

NC



About
I love to write,I always have. Writing has always been my escape to my own little world and out of the terrifying one I was living in. I love to write fiction,but with some true stories of my life and.. more..

Writing
Mia Mia

A Poem by potato


The Ocean The Ocean

A Poem by potato


A Miracle? A Miracle?

A Chapter by potato