Can you do it?

Can you do it?

A Chapter by Paige Goddard

“Close your eyes and imagine (If you can) having no conscience, no feeling of guilt or remorse. Can you do it? Of course you can’t.  A conscience is natural for people to have, you do something cruel or nasty and you feel bad for it; that’s just the way things work.”

For fifteen year old Damon Henderson, life has never been a walk in the park.  Being thrown from mental hospital to mental hospital since the age of seven wasn't really the normal childhood. 

Being kicked out of the fifth asylum in eight years, Damon is nearing the end of his endurance which could end disastrously for anyone close enough to witness it, even himself. 

Swearing to himself that this is the very last time he’s ever going to have to take the walk of shame through the corridors of patients, he decides this is his last shot at ‘recovering’.
 
And if it doesn't work this time, he’s not going to be dropped into another nut house;  even if his life has to pay the price. 

After all, how can you save someone from themselves?


© 2014 Paige Goddard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on August 27, 2014
Last Updated on August 27, 2014


Author

Paige Goddard
Paige Goddard

Atheist , United Kingdom



About
Hey there, My name's Paige and I'm the typical fourteen year old idiot. But on the bright side, I like to think I'm okay at writing, so that's probably a good thing to add in there. I'm currently .. more..

Writing