100 % Review : Forum

[reply] [quote]

Up-Date on EmpressPoetess

14 Years Ago

You are in my prayers.  May God bless you and bring you back to good health. 
[reply] [quote]

hi

14 Years Ago

Are we allowed to enter poems we have written previously that make the grade?
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Well those comments just made me want to read more! So I guess this is a good thing!
[reply] [quote]

Repling

14 Years Ago

Haha, yeah, I like to think so :D  I've got some substantial pieces on this machine.   Adding extra paragraphs to see if it works.   Is it working?
[reply] [quote]

I did it...

14 Years Ago

My Story...

DEVIL"S CORNER

[reply] [quote]

trying

14 Years Ago

Question!  Does paragaphing work when I c/p?   I am copying and pasting this from Word Will it work? Will it not? TEST!  
[reply] [quote]

Thank you all!

14 Years Ago

A big thank you dear friends in appreciation of your prayers and kind wishes to EmpressPoetess. I'm sure that they will go a long way in cheering her up knowing we are all wishing her back here as soon as possible and in the best of health again.   Take care dear Empress and God bless.   Helena
[reply] [quote]

Nancy

14 Years Ago

I am very happy for you, congratulations .. Chloe
[reply] [quote]

One Shot

14 Years Ago

did the best I could hope you all l;ike it, let me know if it needs work. Take care Mauricio
[reply] [quote]

What Kind of Poet Are You?

14 Years Ago

I am a poet of the soul,
and within the page,
my heart does grow.

I write a poem with,
silent fears.
Then I tend to it,
with joyful tears.

On the page,
my soul does weep.
As my body and my mind,
fall sleep.

I am a poet,
true to heart.
I live in darkness,
where light cannot start.

In the light,
my pen is dry.
In the night,
my mind cannot lie.

I am a poet,
of terror and delight.
The power of my words,
will take away your sight.

I am a poet,
true and true,
so now I ask,
What Kind Of Poet Are You?

Summary - I would say that I write about different types of love, and futuristic dangers, but I can't compare any of my writings to one another because I work very hard trying to keep them different. Each time I read a poem from one of my favorite authors, or a story for that matter, I pull ideas and I try to adapt that into my own writing. My goal is to be a professional so my theory is to try and make something more beautiful out of something that clearly has enough beauty. I have many influences such as T.S. Eliot, Ernest Hemingway, Giovanni Boccacio, Edgar Allen Poe, Dean Koontz, Christopher Isherwood, Nicholas Sparks, Ellen Hopkins, Irvine Welsh, Margaret Peterson Haddox, and many more. I read about 6-8 books a week, and I try to study the prose to my fullest extent. I try to use new words and phrases and different ways of expressing ideas.

Since I write screenplays, better now then what I used to write, I watch my favorite movies and television shows and I try to write them in a different way, usually with different endings, but it's wonderful because I never get writer's block. I love writing and I could never picture my life without it.

I hope to hear some more from this forum and I will definitely work on reading more of everyone's work.
[reply] [quote]

welcome

14 Years Ago

Again welcome
[reply] [quote]

The Puzzle

14 Years Ago

Snip, snip snip!
Twenty pieces
Jumble madness
Jig-saw puzzle
Time.

What mystery this?
North of the flower
East of the view
Of now.
What ancient brickwork?
Mortar and lime?

Did Vikings fill
Your waiting cache?
Swords waiting for their
Dreaded return?
Or stone-age farmers
Barley and grain?
Mead after their
Long climb?

Perhaps this marks
The resting place
Some fallen King?
Some slain prince,
Or murdered friend.
A bad day never 
To be forgotten.
Is.

A puzzle now.
My pieces cut
Along the lines.
A fence no more.
Mine to place
Where 'ere I choose.
A mystery lost.
Forgotten news.

copyright May 2010
by Mari Sloan

[reply] [quote]

Thanks True :)

14 Years Ago

We are all winners! We put our heart and soul out for all to see, read..
Thanks so much ..xo
[reply] [quote]

1st

14 Years Ago

its cool. first we're going to work with the characters we have now, and we will make more on the way. if you want, you can make more characters and put them on the side, but first lets make sure we use who we have right now.
[reply] [quote]

off the cuff

14 Years Ago

I'm a man who has had quite enough, I write from the Heart, I write from the cuff, Our world is in trouble, can't you see? we're going to hell in a handbasket, the world you and me, so I'm trying to save our planet, from Humanity... they say that less is more, but they want more for less, I'm not sure we can handle the stress, they treat the planet as a personal w***e, they rape and plunder and complain for more, and Politicians want us to Follow and Adore, I'm telling you I just can't take it any more, I see the change in my paycheck on the floor, and waiting to see a Doctor is just a bore, but everybody just wants more and more, I have plenty of time,just me and my Honey, what I don't have tho, is plenty of money...
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G
[reply] [quote]

Re re roll call

14 Years Ago

And a voice came out of the wildness... "Roll call"   I have completed my Graduate Diploma in Education so I am now a primary school teacher. I haven't got a job yet but that has given me plenty of time for writing. I have just completed a young adult fantasy called "Beyond the End of the World."   Set in an agricultural world, it tells the story of two girls who come from a different world. When they are attacked by a shapechanger they escape through the wall that marks the end of the world. they are in a desert world with friendly fire breathing wolves. there are more shape changes after them and they discover that they are not who they think they are.  It's aimed at female teenage market. I only finished polishing it on Wednesday so I could send it to a competition. The prize is a publishing contract. I have my fingers crossed. I am not looking forward to the send and reject train if I don't win. I have already started gathering ideas for my next book.   Did any enter the Amazon comp? I looked at but I had too much work still to do. I'd like to hear what other people are doing.   Gayna Gayna
[reply] [quote]

Swain: good word

14 Years Ago

Of course, not to be confused with ‘swine’: 
n. ( pl. same or swines) informal a person regarded by the speaker with contempt and disgust 
[reply] [quote]

Yeeaahhhh

14 Years Ago

haha, well if you're gonna teach, make it interesting...and I was sort of hyper at the time I wrote it haha, just like now. But it's more like tired hyper :D
[reply] [quote]

Pronunciation

14 Years Ago

I couldn’t even begin to pronounce this one. 
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
[reply] [quote]

... indu ...

14 Years Ago

... hey indu ... am waiting for your submissions ... :) ...