Amateurs to Professionals (The Journey) : Forum : When did you start writing?

[reply] [quote]

When did you start writing?

12 Years Ago

I started writing about 2 years ago at age 13. I was writing a book that I gave up on after 3 chapters.
[reply] [quote]

Re: When did you start writing?

12 Years Ago

Roughly 8-10 months ago. I wrote a lot for like a few weeks and then I stopped writing becuase I got bored of it -- then I started again a (few) months ago with a bit more energy than last time, though I did take a lot of breaks in between especially because it hasn't been long since I've discovered anime, which I find myself addicted to and keeps getting me side-tracked...
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Four years ago, when I was in the fourth grade. I had tried writing a book with my best friend. ...Actually, I did the writing, thinking, and planning. She just kind of sat back and made sure she was included :P go figure.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I first started writing when I was in Jr. High and stopped  writing after I turned in my paper know as describe your self. After the teacher read it I was sent to the councilors office due to my written story was to dark. Some years later I was told you should write a book. I laughed "me write a book not in this life time"   When was in my 2nd year in College I was asked to write something that happened in my life. I asked the teacher for a different project. Yet again they wanted to why so after class I told them and again sent down for more therapy, but this time I was encouraged to write it for all to read and found indeed had a knack for it. Since then I have never stopped and began writing my first novel What’s Behind the Looking Glass.       
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Started writing in fifth grade. Stopped in sixth. Continued in seventh. I'm bit of a late bloomer. 
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I started when i was around 10 but I took up writing more seriously around 6-8 years ago when I planned out my first major story and began writing it. I actually started with parody and dark humour stories but I've experimented with so many styles and genres since then that it’s hard to even remember most of them. For some tme now I’ve been concentrating on writing fantasy and building upon a new style, so i guess the chaos pretty much stabilised XD
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I started writing back in 2004 when i found Braingle, a site that let you write your own brain teasers and riddles. I would try to write out all of the riddles using the typical riddle format - iambic language, AB rhyme scheme, four lines, two stanzas. Then I started branching out into actual poetry with the NeoPets forums. Not too shabby, eh?
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Hm, I guess I've been writing as long as I remember. I was told that I even wrote little stories as a small child, though I don't remember them. When i was maybe early middle school aged I wrote quite a bit of crappy fanfiction, gave up after some serious life troubles at the end of my middle school years. At the beginning of my high school years I started role playing, and that actually helped me improve quite a bit. I only picked up writing again maybe half a year ago, and this time rather than role playing (which I don't really do anymore) I'm here writing, what i hope are, better stories than my youth. 
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

It seems I've been writing stories and poems since I found out what they were. Even as a young child I loved to hear rhymes and repeat them and twist them into my own versions, I did that with country songs alot since that is what I grew up on. Its always been something in my life that has stayed consistant. Of all the things that have changed my desired to write has never faded away. At first it was fun but over the years it became something I had to do to stay sane.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I started writing when I was eight in my journal and haven't stopped since then. I guess I took it more serious in High School and now because I started trying to improve my writing my reading and asking for criticism. I started writing poems just last year so I'm a big time beginner at poetry. The last story I wrote was in fourth grade and haven't tried since then.  I might try right now, but I feel threatened by it for some reason. In fifth grade I was awarded something because they thought my mini essay had a great sense of humor.I love reading and helping others with their work though. :) There's many great stories and poems out there.