Doesn't Really Matter : Forum : Old House, Downtown Toronto

Re: Old House, Downtown Toronto

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I walk over to Summer and stand beside her. "Thanks for having my back. I'm not usually this much of a wussbag, trust me. Its all so overwhelming, as I'm sure you know." Summer smiled, and before she said anything, August and Miharu both spoke up and said, in unison, "Why don't you prove it then, tough girl. Show us what you got!". I took out my knife once again, garnering another glare from Miharu, aimed at a poster on a shop door across the street, and threw it. It hit smack dab in the middle of the poster. "Anything else, boys?" ? I ask playfully. They both just stare open mouthed. "I'm better with a gun."

10 Years Ago

Miharu: " I'm not impressed." I tell the girl. with one smooth movement I throw a throwing knife, one of many, and make it just barely graze Luce's check.  I smile at her slightly amused by her expression.

10 Years Ago

Summer: "Settle down you two no need to get flirty. I've never heard of it Miharu, can you hum it?" I ask. He goes about his wiring quietly at first but then starts to hum a tune. As he hums I can hear words float atop the tune.
"Hmm... That is a nice song. Odd though."
It is then that I hear the engine start.
"Alright!" August and I shout in unison.
"Looks like we have a ride." I shout hoping out. I create a makeshift hitch out of some of the carts and cord, and I place the generator inside. I then start to load up the trunk with stuff.
"Hey, Miharu, can you set it up so we can start it up when we need it?" I ask him. He looks at me darkly for a moment but then proceeds to do what I asked.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: "haha, very funny Summer." I laugh at Summer's little quip about flirting. I didn't even know that's what I might have been doing. I smile at both Miharu and Summer, then turn to smile at August. "Guys, I have a good suggestion if you are open to it. My house isn't insanely far from here; my dad was a doctor who was extremely paranoid about nuclear war, so our basement is stocked to the brim with medical supplies and food. And the house is big enough that we should all fit comfortably. What do you guys think of holing up there till we can sort this world out?"

Re: First, High Park. Second, a Better Home Base.

10 Years Ago

August: "Your dad had a safe house at your home?!" I exclaimed at Lucy, almost seeing her more of an angel sent from the almighty above rather than some other survivor like the three of us, "Are you serious?!"

As Summer along with Miharu gave me odd looks for my sudden outburst in both of their ears, Lucy radiantly beamed at me instead which made my heart kind of randomly skip. Then, she explained, "Yes. As I just said, my dad was a bit paranoid about a possible nuclear war occurring. So, over the years, he turned the basement into a place filled with food, medicine, comfort, something that we all will need in the future until this world rights itself again."

"If you don't mind me saying so, it sounds like your dad wasn't so paranoid about a nuclear war after all..." Miharu put in, seeming a bit amused by the new information Lucy had provided, "Well, perhaps there hadn't been a war of any kind that ended this world... It just seems ironic that your dad's odd activities would matter in the end, doesn't it."

Ignoring this sarcastic statement, I went to confirm that everything was in the newly acquired car's trunk - food, liquids, shelter, items - as well as checked the sturdiness of the attachment of the carts to the car which would be carrying the generator. When satisfied, I gave Summer a thumbs up that we were prepped to head to Lucy's suggested safe-house. However, I had things back in High Park. So, sometime in the near future, I would need to head back to the park to retrieve my personal belongings before who knew what happened to them.

As of now, with everything ready, the boys and their dogs got in the back seats while the girls took the front ones. Summer was to be the driver, Lucy as well as me were observers, and Miharu was something of a lookout for whatever dangers with Hypnos at the ready in his right hand.

Leaning forward, I said to Summer as she successfully got the car to begin to drive out of the parking lot, "A safe house isn't something we can ignore. Being in Lucy's house, in a basement, in a secure place, is far better a home base than what we've got now."

Then, as we began to pull out of Costco's parking lot to go wherever Summer planned to, I admitted next, "Nonetheless, myself and probably Miharu too have things we left behind in High Park earlier. So, if we go to Lucy's place - uh, whatever's leftover, anyway - both myself and ninja boy will have to go back to the park at some point. Okay?"

10 Years Ago

Lucy: August's cheeks flushed pink when he looked at me as he spoke, but I didnt know why. "So the house is in perfect condition still. Everyone will have their own room in the house, but we can discuss that when we get there. Its got enough supplies to last us a good long while." I smiled at my new companions as we drove, wishing that the radio worked. My piano at the house would have to do; I'd need its calming powers before too long.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: When we arrive at the home I scout the area and find a large forest behind it. " Well, I'm set." I say heading towards the forest.

10 Years Ago

(And here I was thinking you all must have drowned or something. ^_^)
Summer: As I step out of the car, I come face to face with a large house, miraculously still standing.
"That's convenient." I say, noting the rubble and rotting corpses around. "I like the skeletons, cause the empty world wasn't terrifying enough."
I make my way up to the front door and gingerly turn the knob. I draw my sword as the door creeps open and step in on creaking floorboards. I hear a soft whistling as the wind blows through the boards. I come out of my crouching position and look around the empty house. As I turn to look into the kitchen I let out a scream and back up out of view.
"What is it!" August asks rushing in with his pistol at the ready. Lucy's face following closely behind was noticeably paled. I attempt to keep a scared face as long as I can, but I can't help bursting into laughter.
"You guys should see your faces." I say through my fit of laughter.
"That's not funny, you had us worried." August says, his face turning red. I immediately feel guilty for what I did, yet at the same time I was having fun.
"Look," I say, "I'm sorry I worried you, but really if anything happened I can handle it. So please don't worry about me." I pause before continuing. "Lets set up camp, I say looking at Lucy. "If that is still alright?"

10 Years Ago

Lucy: "Miharu, you might want to wait up a sec." I call out to him, and he reluctantly comes jogging back towards me, "Let me show you all to your rooms." I grab Summer, August, and Miharu's hands and pull them upstairs. I open a door to my right that leads to large dark blue room with a king size bed and posters on the wall. "August, this is your room. Hopefully it suits you alright." August just smiles at me as he walks in before diving onto the bed. I walk a few feet and then open the door on ny left that leads into a purple room with a king sized bed and is decorated with music notes. "This is my room, but I wanted you guys to know where it was." A bit further down the hall, I open a door to the right where yet another king sized bed awaits in a pink room decorated with old china dolls. "Sorry bout the colour, Summer. My twin sister was obsessed with pink. Anyways, this is your room." Summer smiled before going and placing her belongings on the dresser in the corner. I gingerly take Miharu's hand, unsure of what his reaction would be, and pull him down the hall as I say "Now its your turn." I open the door at the end of the hall to a large green room decorated like the outdoors. In the middle sits a king sized bed, just like the rest, but the bed frame looks like it has ivy crawling up the sides. The large window gives Miharu a perfect view of the forest. "It was my parents room. I hope that's not too creepy. I knew you'd enjoy the space." Miharu just smiled and nodded; I think it was the first time I'd seen a true smile on his face. "I have one more surprise for you. " I giggle a bit at the questioning look on his face before I run to the closet in the hall and scale the large bookshelf to reach the door in the ceiling. I pull down a ladder which Miharu climbs as I wait from the attic. Miharu's jaw dropped in surprise as he looked around the room; there were probably 30 different guns hanging on the walls and other walls with knives, crossbows, and bows. "I told you, my dad was paranoid about any sort of apocalypse. I'm prettty good with all the different guns and knives, so dont worry, I'm not as useless as I seemed back at Costco." He just stands there staring as I make my way down the ladder.I pop back to everyone's rooms to say goodnight before I go to my own room and lay down, finally getting some sleep, though soon the night terrors begin and I know I am screaming.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I ignore the screams of Lucy and go through the stash of weapons. After categorizing them as I want them I close the attic and lay down on the bed keeping Hypnos and Hades underneath my pillow, and drift off. 

Re: The Old Safe House, Downtown Toronto

10 Years Ago

August: Ah, so this rather well kept house was to be our newest home was it? With Lucy's instructions, the electric car our group had just recently discovered as well as powered up with the help of the generator brought us to Toronto's downtown. There, we as well as the two dogs took heart in exiting the vehicle and entering Lucy's secure, safe, quiet household littered with... wait, were those bodies?!

Immediately, at seeing corpses nearby, I froze at trying to not recall a certain reoccurring nightmare I'd been having since the end of the world that involved skeletons, a mushroom cloud, all turning to sand and Loki having to resort to - Ugh, bah, no, don't think about that! No, nope, nuh-uh, nah, blah!

Moving on, after Summer had had her fun in nearly scaring the living jesus out of me about how empty the house was, Lucy led the rest of us survivors through what had been her household. She eventually got around to giving us each a room that would suit our needs if not reflect what she had gleaned from our personalities during the short time she had been with us. Seriously, Miharu, Summer, and myself had been with Lucy for merely a few hours and, already, she had practically warmed up to us, maybe even adopted us as her newest family.

Well, it was the end of the world after all. It was obvious that we - the four of us human beings that had found each other during ragnarok or whatnot was happening - would definitely need each other for the bleak if not blank future. So, heh, I was glad that Lucy was starting to accept me and the group. And, lol, now there were two guys and two girls in the party. There was no reason for Miharu as well as me to maybe fight over Summer in the future anymore... if ninja boy found them as greatly attractive as I did, that was.

Yeah, even though the end of the world had arrived, it seemed I'd gotten lucky in some ways; in finding respectable survivors of the opposite gender. In fact, being girls, Summer and Lucy not only seemed to be growing closer - heh, leave it to the girls to become best friends immediately and us guys to rage at each other - they were also beautiful in their own rights. Speaking of their beauty, I had to quit staring at them for long periods of time. They seemed to notice me randomly thinking about them, ugh.

Anyway, with her katana along with leader like attitude, Summer was obviously a warrior when needed. Lucy, having appeared out of thin air as well as brought the rest of us to her home, had to be close to an angel sent from god. Regardless, feeling better than I'd felt in forever it seemed, I followed Loki's example and took immediate comfort in looking around at our newest room complete with a king sized bed to distract me from thinking of the girls... Heh heh, yeah.

It was true, though, that the majority of my belongings were still back in High Park. For very personal reasons then, even with the dark of night nearing and goodnights having been said, I needed to return to the park to retrieve my valuables. In order to do so, I needed to acquire the keys from Summer first. Second, if she was willing to join me, I needed Lucy to tag along with me during the trip so I wouldn't get lost in coming back to the safe house.

So, gaining the courage I needed to have a conversation with enticing she who had led me to this safe house in the first place, I ventured from my room with Loki and down the hall towards where I knew I'd find her. However, along the way, something most unexpected... freaking happened as I walked. Screaming, the very worst kind, erupted from nowhere. And, mind, this wasn't screaming like Summer had done in good humor earlier... it was real, it was horrifying, it was Lucy!

Loki had assumed a most fearful position at the beginning of the screaming session - heh, seeing him like this, I wasn't the only one who had thought the house was possessed at first it seemed - but when I began dashing forward, the husky was quick in following after me! Ignoring the sounds hitting us from all sides, trying to stabilize the increasing beat of our hearts, the pair of us found what we hoped was Lucy's room and barged in!

Indeed, Loki as well as myself had stumbled upon Lucy sleeping in her room. Nevertheless, um, she wasn't doing much sleeping. Not when she was screaming, kicking, flailing about!

Without really thinking about it, not really believing in the sight that Lucy - who had been a most calm angel a moment ago - was behaving like a demon had descended upon her from nowhere, I raced to the bedside. Seriously, the volume of the shrieks was piercing my heart as well as making me feel like fainting dead. Honestly, where was Summer?! Where was Miharu - Oh, screw that apathetic little, blah!

"Lucy!" I finally roared over over the din going on, thinking of maybe grabbing onto her or dousing her or anything to stop this madness, "Hey, Lucy! Stop this! Stop!"

My hopeful words went unheard and, unwillingly, I began to realize then that I wasn't the only one of the group that was hiding the fact that I possibly had... the most horrible nightmares at night. At this, I noticed Loki purposefully begin lifting a leg towards Lucy on the bed!

"No!" I snarled, pushing Loki back as the husky got ready to pee, "NO! You can do that to me when I have nightmares, Loki, but not on Lucy! Not on a stranger!"

At this, Loki gave me a look like Miharu would have that suggested I was a complete moron as well as stated, "Okay, Mr. Genius... You have a better idea than me peeing on this chick to make this craziness stop?! For the love of god, make her stop!"

That was just it. I had no idea how to put a stop to this... horror. I didn't know whether or not to move Lucy, to keep her from flailing about, to make her stop everything! I could a lot of things needed like survive, be a friend, give advice! But this... this wasn't right, this wasn't sensible, this was out of my element!

Miharu! Summer! Augh, I, Lucy, need your help guys! What am I supposed to do here?! What am I supposed to do?!

10 Years Ago

Miharu: After a Few minutes of constant screaming I go to Lucy's room and see her screaming and August just standing there like an idiot. " Move." I tell him while bringing out a syringe. " I may have not mentioned this, but the forest is full of substances that ease pain." I say injecting the serum into her neck, and she stops screaming. " Of course it also helps to find I chemical lab with every chemical and element of the planet."

10 Years Ago

Summer: I stand in the doorway gaping at Miharu. "What the frig did you just do?" I shout. "You can't just go drugging people like that. Its immoral. You could have used water dumb s**t..." That was the last thing I remember saying before the world goes black. ///////////////////////////// I am standing in a darkened space, but there is still ground below my feet, up ahead I can see a light. I hear voices coming from that dirrection so I head towards them. "Summer, are you alright?" I hear August ask. "Miharu, what did you do to her." By this time I can see in on the room where we just were. All of us are standing there, myself included. What the hell? I see Miharu is about to make a snide remark when suddenly the other me starts laughing. "Hehe you worry too much, boy, your friend did nothing further. This is my doing. All of it is my doing. You see, this is a game, I created it because I was bored of the way things were playing out. So I brought you all here, to see which of you is the best, and of course, I put myself in, took away her memories , just for the hell of it. Sound interesting." I watch her cackling away, and wonder just how weird this dream is going to get. "There is an upside however." She contines. "The last one of you left standing, will be returned home, to the world you came from." I see Augusts face rwgester more shock, as if that was even possible. Miharu however hadn' t moved an inch. " That's right, the winner of my little game goes home. This is the last time we will talk like this, as I don't wish to ruin the plotline, so I will wish you all the very best (note the sarcasm.) And bid you farewell. Oh and one more thing boy," she says looking at August. "you can stop praying, it won't make me favor you over the others." With that she turns to face me and smiles, a cruel wicked smile. "Good luck." With that the world starts to swim in front of my eyes, until I am standing in the doorway once again, only this time , I am looking out. I turn back to face the boys, and I see August's shocked face still set in place. "Wait, whats going on? Wasn't that a dream?" I ask, hoping that that incident hadn't really happened. "Clearly your girlfriend has some problems." Miharu said, his face still set in stone. That is, untill laughter echoed across the room, and the wall blew itself to piece.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I awaken to find everyone standing around me, their eyes staring, watching, piercing my very soul. I notice August staring at me and I smile, making him blush. Miharu stands over me with a syringe, unmoving. I quietly wonder what made him so tough, a heart of stone, but I decide to ask later. "Thanks for that, Miharu. I hope I didn't cause you all any distress by my screaming" I say, but true to fashion, Miharu comes back with "All I did was drug you. Loverboy here was the one who found you and tried to get you up." I wished Miharu wasn't so cold, though it was probably with good reason. I smile at him before rushig up to give him a hug, something he does not expect, though I am unsure if he enjoys. Next I turn to August and give him a big hug; I can sense his face is resting on my head. We stay kind of hugging until we hear a voice that sounds like Summer's, but we know it isn't her. I can't quite make out what it said, but I do know that the world is not what it seems, and we have all been deceived. All but one will die while the last survives and can be returned to the world we knew. I break away from August and go to Summer, gently placing a hand on her shoulder as she speaks in this strange voice. When she finishes, its as if she had awoken like I did; confused and afraid. "Its ok, Summer. Everything will be alright," I say as she mumbles about dreams. All of a sudden, the walls of china dolls explodes, leaving fragments of my sister's childhood as well as my own littered across the floor. We are all knocked to the ground, shielding our faces from the bits of porcelain flying through the air. When it is over, I get up and help Summer and August to their feet; Miharu Is already standing at this point. "What in the name of God just happened?" Exclaims August, brushing off his t-shirt. Miharu is once again stone faced, though I can tell its bothering him. O wish I knew what was going on inside his head. After everyone has calmed down, I make my way down to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for everyone. As I wait for the meal to cook (french toast and bacon) I walk into the living room and begin to play my old grand piano, a song called 'Mad World'.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: After Lucy had left I immediately point Hypnos at Summer. " If what you just said is true Summer then if I kill you I wonder how the being who brought us here will react." I say pulling the hammer back, preparing Hades, and Cerberus ready to pounce and rip her throat out. 

10 Years Ago

Summer: I stare at the open barrel of the gun, and I am afraid, not because of his wish to have me dead, but because I would react the same why with what had just happened. "I don'tt know Miharu, I just don't know." I force myself to keep my voice steady, I can't let him see me as weak and confused, because if he did he would think it an act and I would be dead. At that moment I notice something at the corner of my eye. Trying not to take my eyes of Miharu at the same time I look towards the hole in the wall. My jaw drops. There in the empty expanse of the hole stands a skeleton with a rocket launcher.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I move the barrel to her Stomach. " If what that being said is true then there must be a reason it possessed you and not someone else. Meaning if you are it's vessel and you were to be gravely injured it would have no choice but to intervene. Shall we test my little theory Summer? I know you would do the same in my position."

10 Years Ago

Summer: I back at him and say, "No thanks. I think we should deal with that fist" I pont to the skeleton gunner. "Besides, she wished me luck to." I grab a frozen Agust and force him put of the doorway, pulling Miharu's other gun off him and aiming at the skeleton. As I pull the trigger I watch the bullet head to the target. The skull of the skeleton vanishes into dust and then, as the bullet passes through, the dust retakes the shape of a skull and the gunner aims his rocket launcher at us. "S**t! Run!"

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I sigh and sprint down stairs. " Can I have Thanatos back now?" I ask and she throws it to me. " Thanks, now run I'll cover." I say shooting the skeleton, but the something happening. " Well, s**t." I rip Lucy from her piano and throw her outside then run out and hide myself in the forest for a good shot on the thing.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I hear a commotion from upstairs, though I do not go to investigate it. After the night I had and the new revelations Summer revealed to us, I needed the calming release of the keys. All of a sudden, Miharu comes racing down the stairs and grabs me around the waist, pulling me away from the piano, and carries me outside. After we get a good 60 feet from the house, he places me on the ground and makes a B-line for the forest. "Oh no you don't.." I say to myself as I sprint after him, trying to keep up. When he stops, I stop only a foot away from him. "What the bloody hell was that about?" I ask as he pulls his gun on me. I can feel it's barrel touching my ribs as he says "There was a skeleton gunner in your wall. Any chance you know something about that?" As he speaks, in the softest but most brutal way, I pull my knife, and aim it towards his lungs. I can tell from the expression on his face that he can feel the cold steel pressing against his chest. "Not a god damn thing. New world, remember?" He smiles ever so slightly and drops the gun to his side; Cereberus growls at me as I speak. "What about August and Summer? Are you just leaving them to die?" I ask a bit angrily. "They are not my problem," he says. "What the hell happened to you that made you such a god damn cynic, Miharu? I've been trying to be nice, I'm trying to not let your attitude get to me, but you just...GAHH!" I have no other words to say to him before I turn towards the house. He looks at me, unmoved, and I sprint back to the house. Summer and August are frozen in fear, the skeleton gunner unmoving, though still aiming at them. "Get out of the way," I say as I push them aside, pulling yet another knife from a sheath concealed by the flowyness of my pants. Though this one is larger and more deadly, and is inscribed with Enochian sigils. I hack and slash at the skeleton gunner with my plain knife, and seeing that it makes no difference, I start to hack away at it with my Enochian blade. The blade starts to burn the skeleton with each new mark, and after what seems like a while, it is defeated. "You're welcome," I say, wiping sweat off my forehead. August just stares at me, and makes no effort to look away when I notice. I smile warmly at him.