Doesn't Really Matter : Forum : Old House, Downtown Toronto

Re: Old House, Downtown Toronto

10 Years Ago

Miharu: " Interesting, so that knife you have killed it. I wonder if it's the only thing that can kill them." I say going back to the house.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: "It has enochian sigils on it; its basically the language of heaven. Whatever that entity was that is keeping us here must have used enochian magic to animate the skeleton gunner. It doesn't matter anymore though, because it's gone." Miharu just shrugs and goes off to his room and slams the door. All I can hear is Cerberus barking from inside the room. 

Re: Just as Things Were Settling Down Too.

10 Years Ago

August: "This is my doing... All of it is my doing."

"What exactly is THAT supposed to mean, Loki? Hm? Ugh, what else was it that Summer said when going through that, er, phase of hers earlier?"

"You see... this is a game. I got a bit bored with how things were playing out. So, I brought you all here, changed the pace of things, to see which one you are the best."

"A game... The end of the world here, raganarok, armageddon, the apocalypse, whatever this all is and has been going on for the last few months... has only been some entity's, deity's, demon's, game? What a load of, ahem, bull."

"I brought you all here to see which one of you is the best... and to not ruin this games of our, of course, I put myself in here for the moment to take away dear little sunshine's memories, her voice, just for the hell of it."

"Loki, Summer's memories have been locked away if not erased by whatever had taken a hold of her in this room for that brief moment, right? Yeah, I know, pal... I'm just as clueless about what's going as you are."

"Bark! Yip! Howl!"

"There is an upside to this little game of mine, my little pawns. Listen well to what I have to say next because it is your only way back home and out of all of this. Out of the four of you here, out of all of you, only one can remain alive... When three have fallen and one remains, that last man or woman standing get's to go back home, back to the world you came from."

"Back to the world we came from... So then, is this entire ruined world, everything I've been experiencing for the last few months been nothing but a very long nightmare? Any ideas, suggestions, Loki?"

"Whine. Whine. Yip!"

"And as for you, boy, you can stop praying. No matter how often or long you do so in the future, it won't make me favor you over the others."

"Stop praying, eh? Stop praying because it doesn't do me any good... Heh, what do you think Loki? At the demon's behest, the thing that has trapped us here in nothingness, should we stop praying? From the sounds of it, we're both not in favor with the thing that possessed Summer in the first place. So what do we have to lose? Let's just keep on praying everything turns out for the better, eh?"

"Bark! Ruff! Howl!"

In a matter of moments, I had been simply looking to return to High Park to retrieve my belongings. Next, I had been thinking of a way to try to awaken Lucy from her nightmares, Miharu had drugged her, Summer had gone completely nuts with possession or whatnot while ranting on about some prophetic kind of game, and then there had been a skeleton from my own nightmare... looking to blow myself, the dogs, my fellows, into bits with a freaking rocket launcher.

Since I had awoken in Grand Rapids with the front of my apartment gone, the end of the world had been understandable for the most part. I had only remained alive due to the dream of the girl pedaling through a park where I was welcomed into a more than happy community. I had only truly feared the occasional nightmare that ambushed me about the world turning into sand, about a mushroom cloud going off somewhere, and my loved ones becoming skeletons themselves.

Now, I had found three others who were just as alive as me. Were were or had been breathing, surviving, living beings in an unexplainably ruined world... Or was the end of all things so mysterious now? I mean, if I was really sane and not in some loony bin somewhere, I had just heard a creature or thing tell me I was involved in some game that would pit me against the others whom I had already considered my friends, my allies, my family, to the very death. At the same time, it seemed like this thing that wanted me to stop praying... it seemed like it might have a connection for why the earth - if this was earth, anyway - had met such an unexpected end.

Despite the creepiness of it now, when the skeleton looking to harm us had been surprisingly defeated by Lucy through the use of a supposedly holy knife, I had ventured back with Loki at my heels to study the remnants of what had obviously been Lucy's bedroom to think through things.

When the wall had been blasted apart before my eyes earlier, I hadn't noticed the many personal decorations, items, along with more that had represented the life, the family, the childhood, that Lucy had formerly called her own. Now, when sitting amongst the rubble of her bedroom to look outside, I couldn't keep from picking up things to study that belonged to her. There were faces of what looked to maybe be her parents, her friends, a little sister, plus more. Then she was at places like valleys, the beach, the mountains, so and so forth.

Eventually, I guiltily felt like I had invaded Lucy's personal life - like I had sifted through her personal diary of things - long enough. Truth be told, after she had hugged me so tightly at noticing I had come to her aid at her screaming, I was sure I would be hearing from her about it soon enough. Summer was a bit withdrawn - scratch that, her memories were lost altogether. She had nothing to really speak of, sadly. Then there was Miharu, who was a golem that only mumbled or grumbled so often. But as for Lucy... Yeah, after she had invited me into her home, she seemed quite open to others.

And that smile of hers... She always flashed it at me when I was most unprepared for it, lol. She had to knock it off.

When I had taken to sitting in Lucy's totaled if not haunted room to think about things, I was afraid of being possessed at first. However, my fear soon turned into determination to be brave as well as became a show of defiance towards the, um, supernatural. Seriously, if whatever had possessed Summer for that brief moment was responsible for all I had been put through for the last months - loneliness, survival, everything - then I was more than eager to begin getting on its nerves as it had gotten on my own.

And as for this whole ordeal of me living to be the last man standing during whatever game was transpiring... Nah, it wouldn't be me. Heh, I may have traveled about, learned plenty, seen a lot since all things had come to an end but I wasn't someone willing to leave others behind. Simply put, if it came down to me and Miharu pointing guns at each other soon, I wouldn't fight the urge to live on. If it meant I had to go to give Miharu, Lucy, Summer, Cerberus, and Loki a chance to go on then I would go down happy.

I liked to live, yes, but not if it meant sacrificing the others. Death, believe it or not, was involved with everything. It came at the end of a good book, when you reached the ending and found your excitement dying. It came at the end of a hurricane, when the ruin along with high winds faded away. It came to everyone, everything, someday where we went to the best place afterwards hopefully.

So, heh, myself and Loki weren't as afraid of the future as most would've been after having been chased by a walking skeleton. As long as Lucy and Summer and Miharu were willing to get along, then I was happy in still breathing in this nightmare. The demon or god or whatever that had involved me in this game could stick that in its pipe and freaking smoke it!

When the moment came for me to quit pondering, the morning had passed completely by without my knowing. As I ventured back downstairs with Loki following me, we both came to learn that early afternoon had taken a hold of the world.

I didn't really feel like bothering the others over what we had just been put through at what was supposedly a safe house. We all needed our space to comprehend our situation. However, I was aware that Summer was... well, she had disappeared into her own room since she'd been possessed to obviously try to understand what had just happened to everything. Miharu, as quiet as usual, was in his room too doing who knew what; probably preparing himself for the future hardships with skeletons, demons, whatever would come.

Then there was Lucy... sitting in the finely decorated living room playing out a rather slow, solemn, uplifting melody on what was clearly her favorite item in the household; a aged family piano. For a few moments, in the back ground out of her sight, I simply leaned against the nearest wall and found myself comforted by the notes being very well played.

I couldn't understand how myself and the others were part of a sick game of some kind and not know about it, not feel sad, not feel as scared as we should have been. I mean, that didn't make any sense at all. Not when the four of us survivors were strong, capable, strong enough to face the end of the world in our own rights. Seriously, even though knowing she could be in danger of the unknown, Lucy hadn't fled to her room in silence. No, here she was plunking out a happy tune that not only refreshed me but also made me feel even more determined in proving whatever demon that was watching me that it had picked the wrong young man to tantalize.

And as for Lucy, as for her just sitting out in the open on a bench before the regal piano with some sunlight shining down upon her from the right, she had to be an angel of some kind. Truly, even though I tried to resist the temptation, I couldn't keep from noticing how radiant she appeared in the light. With her sandy brown hair falling down her elegant back, her aquamarine eyes watching where she accordingly placed her delicate fingers to keep the music going, her feet passively brushing the carpeted floor, who wouldn't pause for a moment to notice her obvious beauty? Well, maybe Miharu wouldn't but... heh, whatever. I wasn't him, after all.

Of course, at moments, Summer was just as gorgeous as Lucy was being at the piano. The biker girl tended to be beautiful during hard times though rather than when she was relaxed. Such as when the moment came for her to take action, to wield her katana, to defend everyone and not just herself, it was then that a guy seemed to take notice of Summer's emerald eyes, of her well kept figure, of her skills in combat... Yet, was that who Summer truly was at heart? Was she a fighter or had she been altered by whatever possessed her to be so?

As of now, I could say with most of my confidence that Summer was a warrior, Miharu was a golem, and Lucy was an angel. What about me, though? Heh, well... I didn't really know. With how I was always being saved or trying to find peaceful resolutions to stuff, I was dead-weight to the others, perhaps? Was I only a distraction? Meh, probably not. I've just never really thought about it until now and, until I heard the others say it, I would never find out.

"Heh, shame on you, Loki." I joked with my dog, making him give me a curious look as I turned away from the most beautiful piano player, "Don't give me that face. Don't act innocent when you're peeking in on Lucy, dude. Not cool."

"Screw off." Loki seemed to reply to me with his expression when he let his tongue hang out of his mouth along with lick his nose.

"Right. Great comeback." I chuckled, stepping outside to gain a much needed breath of fresh air, "Hey, I wonder... Do you think Summer left that frizbee of yours in the car?"

"Yip! Bark!" Loki replied, breaking into a run towards the electric car at my words.

"Well, don't get so riled up, bud." I noted, following my husky to the car to maybe find Summer's frizbee, "I don't know if it's in there or not... All we cane do is hope that - Oh, yes, good. It's right here. Alright, here. Fetch, furry face."

It was as I got around to playing with Loki that I began to think of something that would help me in fighting against whatever had involved me its game here. At first, to start off in the best way, I began to pray to the big guy upstairs - if he was there, anyway - for guidance, for patience, for courage in the coming days. In time, I somehow came to feel better about myself, about the future, about everything. I mean, things in the world had gone from bad to worse. They couldn't go from worse to, uh, badder than worse, right? Right.

I wasn't part of some sick game here. The others didn't need to die to escape all of this. I could pray, I could live, I could do what I wanted without some demon's behest. And, heh, if me angering whatever was playing with me meant I wasn't going to be the one to win the game, well... in the words of Porky Pig then, "Ba bada bada ba, screw off, L-Lou!"

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I notice that August has come back to standing in the doorway of the room as I play, Loki by his side. I could feel the gaze of his cobalt blue eyes on my fingers as I played, on the way my head moved as I felt the song from within me. I smiled ever so slightly; maybe he would notice that too. I could hear him shuffling his feet over the song, so I called to him "Hear something you like?"; I turn my head ever so slightly and smile at him. 

"You must stop doing that," he said,"that smiling of yours."

"Would you prefer it if I frowned?" I laughed. 

"Not even a little," August said, smiling. I turned back to my keys to play, though I beckoned for him to come and sit next to me on the piano bench. 

"Give me your hand for a moment. Don't be afraid, it won't bite," I said as I smiled, taking his hand and placing my own over top of it to control it. I moved his fingers over the keys to play the other part of the song, a simple matter of chords to accompany what I was playing with my right hand. August smiled as we played and said "I never knew how to play piano before. It feels so...so..." 

"Relaxing?" I offer. 

"Yeah, relaxing. I like it," he said. We sat in silence, playing piano together for a few more minutes before I asked something that I knew would be on his mind. 

"What made you come to my room when I screamed? Everyone else ignored it; hell, even my own family used to ignore it. My twin sister (Summer is, or was, staying in her room before the wall exploded) and my older brother's room, your staying in there; none of them, not even my parents, came when I screamed in the night. I really appreciated that. And don't think I didn't hear you up in my room before.  You're welcome to explore the house any time," I kind of half asked, half said. August just sat there and smiled, giving me a mischievous look. 

"Alright, playing the quiet game are we? Let's see...What do you think about this whole 3 will fall while 1 survives thing? My guess is it'll be Miharu or Summer to survive. I know what I am, I know how I am, Miharu would gun me down in a second if I let him. I like Summer, but I know she and Miharu would make it. Personally, I would be content living in this world forever. Aside from the corpses, that is. Maybe it was lying, maybe we could all survive this."

"I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind living here forever," August said as he stopped playing and held my hand, a somewhat reassuring smile on his face. I stopped playing and slid off the bench, going to the kitchen to fix some food. The bacon and french toast from earlier would be cold by now, but with a little doctoring, it would still be delicious. August followed me into the kitchen, but Loki beat him there. I tossed Loki a piece of cold bacon, which he happily ate before licking my hand. I'd forgotten what it was like having a dog around, since my own dog had died years ago before I came to Canada. 

"Anything I can do to help?" August asked.

"You can sit down while I fix this french toast. It will taste good as new once I add a bit of vanilla and orange zest to it," I reach up into the cupboard, standing on my tiptoes, and get what I need from the cupboard. August just comes to stand beside me and watch me cook.

10 Years Ago

Summer: I walk down the stairs and out to the car, waving my hand at Lucy and August not to worry. I pull the guitar I picked up at costco from where it is strapped to the roof, and walk back inside. I then return to the living room floor and sit there playing songs without chords. At some point as I watched August and Lucy eating I start adding words to the notes i am plucking. "The world is floating upside down, a bored god waits to see it drown, in waves of agony, waves of tears, as survivors face their darkest fears. Will they fall or will they stand, together strong or parted afraid, which one is the strongest, fear or love, which bonds will last the longest? Streets of ash, littered with bone, will this new world be their home? Lets find out let us see, hated god please leave us be." With this I put down the guitar, without meaning to, I realized I probably had just set a darker mood. I whisper a silent sorry, and pull out the now charged laptop and Ipod. I then proceed to add maps to both machines. "There" I say aloud, " now we dont have to worry about getting lost." I say handing the Ipod to Lucy. I then walk out to the front to sit on the porch.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: After spending several hours I finally complete the last engraving in my last weapon. I pull out my finished knife ' Hades'. On one said it says the god's name in English and on the other in Greek. " Now that my weapons have been blessed by the respective gods whose names I've carved in I shouldn't have any problem with skeletons again, but It's always good to be cautious." I say pulling out the talisman I was given as a child. The words are written in Japanese, but it says my name and is said to help with prayers to the gods. " I never thought I would use this. I'm not even sure if it will work." I say heading down stairs.  

10 Years Ago

Lucy: "You hungry Miharu?" I call to him as I place a plate of french toast and bacon on the table. I see that he is carrying a new knife engraved with symbols, and I smile. "Enochian?" I ask, but he shakes his head. "English and Greek," he says before putting it on the table and chowing down on the food. "Enochian is the oldest language on Earth, did you know that? Angels left their marks wherever they went; we found some in Scotland when I was still living there." August smiles at me as if he is proud of my knowledge, and I smile. Miharu just grunts as he eats, as if I should expect a friendlier responce. 

10 Years Ago

Miharu: " My weapons are now blessed so I shouldn't have any problems from now on." I say after finishing my meal. " Thanks for the meal." I say heading outside.

10 Years Ago

Summer: I sit upon the porch and think about all that has transpired over the last few days. I woke up at high park, in the end of the world. Why was that? Because some stupid self of mine who is apperently a god decided she was bored so she stuck me and my new friends in her game. Man, what a b***h. As far as we knew, there were only four of us, and we had to fight to the death, but that wasn't what I wanted. I knew that if it came down to two of us though I would make their choice simple. I would loose, not only to make sure they would escape this desolate place, but to spite my other self too. So now whe had a choice I asume, we could live in this world together, or we could kill one another and one of us would go home. I think I know what August and Lucy want, but I am unsure about Miharu. Just as I am thinking this Miharu walks out of the house. "Where are you going?" I ask him. He simply walks on around the house and back to the forest. Probably to gather herbs and medicines, but hey, what do I know? Seriously, do I even know myself? Apperently not. I decide I have been outside long enough and so head back in to see August and Lucy back on piano so I sit and listen some.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I am once again guiding August's hands over the keys, this time helping him to play 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. As we play, I begin to sing. "Somewhere over the rainbow/ Way up high/theres a land that I heard of once in a lullaby..." As I sing, I notice Summer sit down on the couch and listen, and my nerves rise. I try to tell myself to calm down, and I thin lAugust can sense that I am nervous, because he smiles at me reassuringly."Somewhere over the rainbow/skies are blue/ and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true." August smiles more as I play. "Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me/ where troubles melt like lemon drops/away above the chimney tops that's where you'll find me." As I finish that verse, August joins in, our voices a perfect harmony. "Somwhere over the rainbow/bluebirds fly/ birds fly over the rainbow/ why then oh why can't I?" As I stop playing, we finish the last verse of the song, and I shed a tear. "If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?". Somehow the lyrics are oddly fitting. Summer claps from the background and I smile, hopeful for the future. 

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I come in after getting some herbs and sit next to summer. I begin whispering the song of passage as they sing their own song. 

10 Years Ago

August: Somewhere over the Rainbow, huh? That seemed like an interest choice of a song to sing when trapped within... well, whatever it was that we all were trapped within. At the moment though, be it nightmare or alternate universe or even over the rainbow itself, here myself and the others were taking part in singing in the living room rather than trying to, heh, kill each other.

Oh, don't get me wrong. After having been told we could kill one another to escape everything or we could remain forever trapped in a ruined world, singing with each other rather than killing each other was a grand turnout here. And, ha ha, I wasn't only surviving now... I was getting to know everyone quite well.

Again, with her quite good voice, Lucy was an angel. Summer, even after having plucked some fine notes on her guitar along with sang too, was still a warrior in her own right. And as for Miharu, with him standing nearby in the hallway while obviously whispering along with Somewhere over the Rainbow... maybe he wasn't such a golem after all.

Yes, being there in the living room when singing with everyone, it made me realize we weren't as bad off in this supposed "game" of, uh, Summer's as I had forethought. And speaking of Summer - when I finished singing as best as I could, after I exchanged a glance with Miharu who had entered the room after the event had come to an end - I approached biker girl purposefully.

As ninja boy along with Lucy began conversing over whatnot back in the living room, I took the opportunity presented to me to lead Summer outside. There, I had Loki take a seat in the grass with me and motioned for my red haired friend to do the same. Of course, I wasn't shocked to see her give me a confused expression. Nevertheless, I definitely had more questions for her about what was going on than she did for me.

So, as Summer continued to not sit down at my gesture, I jokingly laughed, "Oops. Am I making you a bit angry perhaps? Tell me then... Who am I speaking with?"

Again, Summer gave me a confused if not bewildered look at my comment. Not letting that affect me though, I questioned of her more, "Truly, I am speaking with Summer Summer, right? Not that crazy possessed spirit or demon or whatnot from earlier, correct?"

At this, Summer understood where I was going with this. She understood I was wanting to talk about her... recent condition that had made her put on an alter ego and had explained we were part of some crazy game that involved us having to kill each other in the ruined world that was our home now.

Why had Summer changed? Why had something inside her placed the four of us together in this desolated world or dimension or whatever? What was this game, this prophecy, this whatever, that we had to fulfill or escape... to get back to the home we thought we knew?

"Summer..." I insisted, wanting her to sit down with me and be open, "If it is Summer I'm speaking with, anyway... Can't we sit down and talk about what happened earlier? What do you know and not know about what's going on here? What game are we all taking part in here?"

10 Years Ago

Summer: As I am lead out of the house by August I find myself pelleted by questions. "You are Summer right?" August kept asking me. It was starting to get annoying."Of course its me you dolt. I have no bloody idea what is going on. One minute im yelling a Miharu and the next I'm watching myself talk like a crazy person telling us to kill each other. So like hell if I know." By now I am yelling and I feel tears falling down my face. "I don't know how this all works, it's just... Graahhh!" I storm away from him, I am tired of being accused.

10 Years Ago

Lucy: I hear stomping coming from outside and immediately go to investigate. I can see that Summer is visibly upset as she stomps away; August is just standing there looking dumbfounded. "What the hell did you say to her?" I ask, walking up to him. "I was...I was just teasing...It was nothing...honest!" He says, a little shocked at how I am reacting. "Look, whatever that thing said was not Summer. You can't tease her about that s**t because it's not her fault. Just leave her alone, ok? Enough with the teasing, it's not cool, besides you don't want to piss of this entity. If it's attached itself to her, it's for a reason."
I go after Summer, leaving August behind; I can hear him say "figures theyd be best friends already." I run up to Summer and ask, trying to comfort her "are you ok? I don't think August meant it, you know. Boys are all just weirdos."  

10 Years Ago

Summer: I whip around to look at Lucy. "Why are you following me?" I ask glaring. She is taken aback. "I just wanted to help." She says "After all that thing wasn't you." I pause before lowering my head. "I think it was me. It said that she was playing in this game too, and that she wiped my memories so that I couldn't reveal things. What if I truly did all of these horrible things." Lucy pauses for a moment. "But that still wouldn't be you. This here is you. Maybe not the you, you thought, but you aren't the monster that put us here. You wouldn't do anything to hurt us I think." I look up at her, at her bright eyes. I seriously hoped she was right.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I head upstairs and pull out Thanatos as Lucy chases Summer. " If they are connected then killing her should be the quickest way out of this mess." I mutter in Japanese as I take aim for Summer after opening the window. 

10 Years Ago

Summer: I hear the crack of the gun before I feel the pain in my shoulder. I look down to see the bullet wound and the blood seeping out. I look back at the top window and see Miharu cursing and loading another bullet. But he doesn't have time. There is a bullet through Tantos and his eye, shot from a gun I took from the attic. I hear him scream before I drop to the ground unconsious from the pain.

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I scream and hold my eye after it was shot. Luckily the gun she shot me with wasn't meant for long range so it didn't go past my eye. I try to keep calm and begin to dig out the bullet with some tweezers I have in my pocket. I manage to save my eye, but the sight is gone. " Didn't account for wind." I say wrapping my eye with medicine and gauze. " And I'll need to fix Thanatos." I say sitting down, ignoring the pain and begin fixing the hole Summer caused. " I'll get the heart next time for sure." I mumble as I work.     

Re: Another Western Stand-Off!!!

10 Years Ago

August: It seemed I hadn't exactly gotten to know my companions as well as I had formerly thought. Back in the living room, we had all been getting along enough while singing Somewhere over the Rainbow. Yet now... Now, I had a fiasco on my hands that may have very well started with my questioning Summer. Of course, my intentions of getting her to sit down and have a serious conversation with me - me trying to see or understand why she had been possessed - ended in failure when she stormed off.

I never meant it to look like I was teasing Summer like everyone had come to suddenly think. I meant to truly comprehend her situation, to clarify better what was happening to the four of us together in this ruined world. If katana girl had been seized by some entity, by some evil hag, did she realize it? Did she have any control over anything? Did she have any idea how to put this supposed game to an end... without us having to kill each other?

And yet, when Summer stomped off from me most unexpectedly, when Lucy snarled at me afterwards, it seemed the game of life as well as death we were involved with was escalating. That much was confirmed when, from nowhere, a gunshot went off followed by a pained yelp from someone! Together, Loki along with myself dived for cover by the electric car as a second shot echoed out which made someone else scream!

Afterwards, there was a moment of quiet where I actually didn't want to believe it... but the signs were obviously there. With guns having been fired, with screams having been let loose, it seemed the group of friends I'd had come to expect to stay together were now splitting apart! Four were going to become one! My own golden dream was crumbling!

The hot-wired electric car was just next to me. Loki was with me. The pair of us could get into the vehicle and, well, vanish from everything that was taking place without a sound. Of course, that would mean abandoning Summer as well as Lucy with ninja boy - I really had no idea what was going on but whatever - who could have or couldn't have been the one who had shot first. Either way, I wasn't a fighter and my pistol was back in the house in my newest room and - Ugh, ah, bah, what was going on?! My heart, my mind, was going to explode!

There had been fighting. There had been pained yells. There had been losses on this day. Clearly, things weren't going to be the same for the entire group in the future. Thus, knowing this, I could disappear with the car and leave everyone to whatever they were doing... Yet, was I truly that much of a coward? Even if they had thought I had been teasing Summer when I hadn't been earlier, was I really willing to turn my back on the few human beings I'd found for the first time in months?

No. No, I wasn't willing to give up on those I'd just found. Plus, as for my cowardice... Had I not thought of ways recently in how to anger the demon that had involved me in its game here? Well, would it not be the ultimate insult for me to not be scared by the approach of death, by the coming of darkness? Would it not be grand for me to stick with my feuding friends rather than run from them?

I couldn't run anymore. I couldn't run from the past, I couldn't run from the ruined world, I couldn't run away from this. Be it skeletons or friends or demons, I was ready to face them. Not only that but I was ready to face them as well as as come out on top. So, taking a deep breath, I bolted with Loki from where we were safe behind the electric car towards the house.

My first priority in staying alive, in ending whatever fighting had started up, was to obviously find where I had laid down my pistol in the kitchen. Getting up onto the porch though, I had to stop everything when seeing Lucy entering the house while supporting a pale Summer... who's entire left shoulder was soaked in blood along with gore from quite a terrible wound!

"Dear freaking God almighty!" I exclaimed, rushing forward to try to help Lucy with the half aware Summer, "What in the name of this ruined earth happened - Whoa! Lucy, hey, hold on!"

Whatever had happened to Summer had obviously taken its toll on Lucy who, when I had come out of nowhere yelling, swiftly aimed a newly acquired pistol at me with a mad glint in here eyes! In that instant, when having the weapon pointed at me, I nearly believed that I had died right there. I fully expected to be shot dead on the spot on the porch. Nevertheless, Lucy seemed to gain control of herself when seeing me and, with much sobbing, lost some of her footing. I was quick to catch both damsels in distress. 

Ignoring the blood getting all over me, noticing the long trail that stretched off of the porch into the grassy patches in the distance, I questioned quickly of Lucy, "Lucy? Hey, what happened? Why is Summer like this-"

"H-he shot her!" The angelic girl exclaimed through her tears, whatever resolution she had had to not weep was lost meanwhile, "M-Miharu shot S-Summer, August!"

The world nearly froze around me at this information. My stomach, heart, gut, mind, everything, turned to ice for a second. At the same time, my body quickened in its actions and I next had paling Summer in the kitchen. Once there, trying not to allow the horror building in me to overcome my senses - Summer's wound was grave and needed instant treatment - I delicately laid katana girl out on the table.

Then, half hugging Lucy to me, half tearing away Summer's shoulder portion of shirt to examine the newest injury better, I breathed, "Lucy, hey, deep breaths. I need you to take deep breaths. Relax, relax, relax. Deep breaths-"

"I can't!" Lucy exclaimed, not being to tear her eyes away from bleeding Summer on the table, "I-I can't believe h-he'd s-shoot-"

"LUCY!" I roared in worry, embracing Lucy fully in a hug next that could've hurt her spine if I'd not controlled myself at the last second, "Deep breaths! I need to relax! I need you here with me and Summer! Summer especially needs you if she's going to live! Don't you understand that?!"

I took Lucy by the shoulders at this and stared deep into her eyes as I admitted fiercely, "Listen, be glad Miharu didn't hit Summer in the chest! He hit her in the shoulder it seems and, thank god, she has a chance to live then! However, I need you to help me get the bullet out first and - ah, screw me!"

My medical stuff! My belongings! They were back at High Park! I needed those things to perform whatever medical expertise I had at hand to better Summer's chances at not bleeding out! However, Miharu was still in the house somewhere and if I left Lucy alone... he'd most likely not wait around to finish the work he had so coldly started and the vanish into the forest; leaving me two dead girls to come back too.

At this thought, at thinking of Summer and Lucy possibly dying on me today, I couldn't help but think of what was making Miharu begin shooting his fellows. What had made him be so cold? Why was he such a golem? Of course, Summer had been possessed by whatever earlier but shooting her like this... it wouldn't change anything! And even if it would everything here, that didn't give him the excuse to have done what he did! It didn't give him the right to start murdering!

As for Lucy along with her crying, she had registered what I was saying as well as ceased shaking. She had in fact regained that strong courageous shine in her aquamarine eyes that I'd come to admire so much and, when looking back to bleeding Summer, she resolutely asked of me, "W-what can we do f-for her?"

"First off," I stated, reacquiring my gun from the nearby counter while motioning Loki to come, "Loki to me."

When I had ordered Loki to stand guard at the entrance of the kitchen for anything dangerous - like the lunatic, although I didn't know at the moment, removing a bullet from his eye upstairs - I returned to Summer's side. When there, I took nearby towels, tied them together and looked to tie down the bullet wound to slow the loss of blood. However, considering how painful this operation was going to be, I needed Lucy to hold katana girl down which she - with much depressed gritting of her teeth - did.

Weakening Summer handled having her wound tied tightly very well. Better than I'd expected beforehand. Moving on from there, I stated to Lucy, "Great job. Now what I need you to do is take Summer to the car and drive her back to High Park."

"High park?" Lucy questioned me in complete confusion, "Why do I need to get Summer there?"

"My stuff, the stuff that's going to help Summer, is in High Park." I explained, trying to control the fearful knot in my gut from knowing what I was about to do, "Listen, Lucy, you need to make a run for the car. I'm going to go look for Miharu and get some answers from him about all of this."

"You can't do that alone!" Lucy exclaimed with me already knowing that but with me also knowing there was nothing else to be done here, "He'll shoot you dead! He'll-"

"Lucy!" I interjected, touched by her fear for me but also needing her to agree with me, "Lucy, you seriously need to listen to me here. Yes, this house has provisions along with meds but it is not as safe as you claimed earlier. As soon as you brought the three of us back here... things have been going downhill."

I loaded my pistol along with cocked it, making Loki give me a most curious look from the kitchen doorway. Smiling at my husky, I went on explaining, "For now, with ninja boy running around in this place and katana girl here handicapped, that leaves only you as well as me to see this chaos through."

"Let me take on Miharu then!" Lucy stated firmly, "If you can save Summer back at High Park with what gear you have... then you need to be the one to take the car! Not me!I'll stay here and deal with Miharu!"

"Look, I don't want to deal with Miharu that involves him dying right off the bat." I explained, now feeling Lucy's bewilderment in the air, "Yes, I know that sounds crazy but... think about it. He might be possessed like Summer was."

"Possessed? Really? Seriously!?" Lucy snarled, not believing it for a second, "That kid is touched in the head! He's always obsessed with being isolate, in being quiet, in being sarcastic! He carves names in his guns, August! He's not right in the-"

"He may be cold as ice." I admitted, approaching the doorway out of the kitchen, "However, despite what he's done, I can't just shoot Miharu in cold blood here. I need to find him, speak with him, see what this is all about... And if he does admit to me that did shoot Summer without anything controlling him, without any remorse, then I'll do what needs to be done."

I paused at the doorway to hopefully finish coolly to Lucy without blushing, "Look, just... Just get to High Park and let me get my hands bloody about this. You're far too good of heart, far too pretty with that smile of yours to continue participating in this madness."

Then, hoping she would obey my commands, gesturing for Loki to stay with Lucy along with Summer for their protection. I jumped as well as quietly made my up the nearby stairway three stairs at a time. Truly, considering how lethal Miharu was going to prove to be, I didn't know whether or not I was going to come back down that stairway when reaching their top. Nevertheless, I had already started down the hallway towards our respective rooms and it was there that slowed if not quieted my steps.

I hadn't the slightest clue where I would discover ninja boy. However, after having seen the blood trail left behind by Summer in the grass outside, I could guess Miharu had been at a high position to ambush her with his shot. How he had missed her vitals was a mystery to me. Nevertheless, it was a fortunate turnout for us all that he hadn't claimed Summer's life and, to be frank, I kind of hoped I wouldn't find him as dead as door nail somewhere up here.

There were four of us humans surviving in this ruined world. For reasons I didn't quite understand myself, I hoped to keep it that way by day's end. And that was about to be tested when I - despite my attempt at stealth - heard a click of something being cocked to my left.

"Heh, I should have known a shaky fool like myself couldn't have outdone a forest ninja like you in being quiet, right?" I admitted in a controlled voice, even though feeling quite terrified, "It seems both you and Summer missed your marks in killing each other today, eh, Miharu?"

"Indeed. As unfortunate that is for all of us." Miharu hissed from the darkness with Cerberus at his side, a bandana/ bandage kind of cloth wrapped over his right eye for gory reasons of his own.

"As unfortunate that is for all of us?" I wondered, not even trying anything at the moment with Thanatos aimed right at me, "What do you mean by that? Is it unfortunate for us all that Summer didn't die? Or is bad that you didn't go down?"

When the rifle was readied again to maybe fire on me, I exclaimed sternly, "Look, dude, don't! Don't shoot me, don';t shoot Summer, don't shoot anyone or anything else! Stop this!"

I next glared at Miharu as he stared me down. In turn, I stated, "Look at us both... Seems like only yesterday that we were doing this in High Park, eh?"

"Heh. That's because we were like this yesterday, ding-dong." Ninja boy scolded, "And, like then, I have reason now for gunning you down here and now."

"Oh, right. Because, at the words of some crazy spirit or whatever, if you kill the three of us," I growled, shrugging in annoyance at this, "you automatically escape this nightmare we're all in? Who's to say the winner doesn't to somewhere worse? Who's to say we don't all go to hell when this comes to a conclusion?"

I gestured for Miharu to lower the gun. When he didn't, I snarled, "Quit this, dude! Stop being a golem! Stop playing this demon's, creatures, whatever's, games! We don't need to do this! We don't need to kill each other! No, we can still survive it! We can still overcome it!"

10 Years Ago

Miharu: I consider what he's saying, and after a few minutes lower my gun but keep ny knife ready. " Unfortunately I didn't have a choice in the matter of who I shoot this time round." I look at August who seems to have prepared himself to the possibility of me being possessed. " Let me start of by saying that I'm not possessed. I don't know how to say this but I'm a priest to the olympian gods." It would seem he wasn't prepared for that. " And as the head priest of the gods it is my job to carry out their divine will. In exchange they place their favor with me and I can call on them to help me. For instance my eye." I say pulling put my talisman and praying to Apollo. After the prayer was complete the house and surrounding area is flooded with sunlight and my eye healed. I take off the bandage and show him that my eye is completely healed. "Of course there are conditions to asking them. Firstly, I may only ask one god to help me a week and only once per day. The other thing is that a sacrifice must be prepared. In this case deer meat. Go check summer she should be healed as I was." ( Those who have RPed with me in the past know that I tend to go over board with this, but I WILL keep it to a minimum. )