Forever Nocturne E-zine : Forum : Brain Blizzard Central

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey, who's creating the Myspace page?  I can do it.  I just want to make sure no one else is at the same time.  =)

--BEST IDEA EVER--

15 Years Ago

When we are eventually publishing other people, let's make sure that the Author gets to keep their movie rights. I would HATE to see one of my books taken and turned into a Lifetime original or an ABC Family 'tweener flick. Gag me. Let's extend that courtesy to our authors, and make sure that should their book be optioned for a movie, they get a say in how the chips fall.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Absolutely!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Yes--let author's retain their movie rights. Also, we should consider at what percentage we're going to offer royalties and still make a profit. If we can afford to give more than the going rate in the traditional houses, that will draw many writers.

I have some templates done, but not all of them. Hopefully once I'm out of school for the summer, I will have more time to complete them all. Using templates will make this simpler, and we can save to PDF format from Word. Word, honestly, is much easier to use when formatting a publication like this than Publisher. I'm glad we got compliments on our first issue. Our second issue will be even better. Don't mind me--I'm always striving to make things simpler and better. This probably won't be the last time... hehehe

Yes--we should divvy up the submissions for reading. I admit I haven't read all of what you've sent so far, but I'm back 100% now--just been a bad month.  ;-)

next Next Page
last Last Page