Foreverfall : Forum : Day 1: The Entrance

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

Re: Day 1: The Entrance

9 Years Ago

Asher: When I landed, I immediately thanked myself for learning how to properly jump out of a airborne VTOL. The cable had ended almost half-way (which took me by surprise) but I'd managed to land without anything breaking. I let Norman take the lead (lets face it, he was obviously better equipped for detecting anything we'd run into) with me at taking up the rear while Eryn stayed in the middle. It was a pretty typical cave to be honest, I would have expected more mysterious carvings and such. My thoughts were interrupted by two thumps and one large clang. Looking back, I saw the two others plus the (admittedly awesome) robot moving to catch up.

9 Years Ago

Norman pulled out the ball again and rolled it in front of path diverges. " Alright stop guys. I'm going to see if I can't map the cave system with my little friend here." He said retrieving his computer again. No signal, go figure, but that wouldn't be a problem so long as the ball didn't stray too far. Hey quickly typed a few commands and a constant sonic pulse of consecutive bursts began to eminate from the ball. A 3-d image slowly began to take form.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: As I watched Norman's little roly-polly map the surrounding caves, I was awestruck by what I saw beginning to form on the map. The caves were extensive...no not just extensive they were labirynthian. The tunnels stretched every which way at all different angles and that was just the surrounding caves. Then something caught my eye. Near the middle of the image was a set of shafts; anyone could simply right them off as natural but as I looked closer I realized that those shafts definitely appeared to be man-made. I glanced over the rest of the map, hoping to pick out any similar tunnels. Sure enough, there were a few more scattered around. I looked up at Norman who'd been watching me focus on his map. We both nodded at each other, he'd noticed the same thing I had. I turned towards the rest of the group. "Guys, you might wanna come look at this."

9 Years Ago

(I believe we were just following King's example...he just talked about the creature so I believe we just kind of ran with it)

Saoirse: We walked through the caverns after having climbed further down until Norman stopped to play on his little machine. Asher tells us to come over and see whatever they're looking at, so Clide and I look over at the machine, "Are those ancient tunnels? What are we really looking at here?"" I said, tapping at the screen. Clide pulled my hand away and shook his head, "I believe they are searching for tunnels, Miss Saoirse. Best let them do their work. We can conduct our own experiment should you wish." I nodded and smiled, walking a bit further down the tunnel until I was far enough away from the others. 

When we had reached a short distance away, I knelt down on the ground, careful not to scrape my knees, Clide following suit. I lean my ear close to the ground and signaled to Clide, "Y'all might want to cover your ears and take that little thing off the ground for a second," I called to the others, leaning my ear back to the ground and covering the other while Clide pounded hard. I listened for echoes in the caverns beneath us, an old technique my father had taught me, to see where the next hollow point in the ground was and if there were any creatures moving about within them, or on the same floor as us. 

9 Years Ago

Taking her advice Norman quickly retrieved his ball and stuffed it into his jacket. Rummaging around in his pockets he tried to find a set of ear plugs he would often use when in crowds. Not finding them he just shrugged and accepted that his hearing was going to be impaired for a while. Norman gestured to Asher and started mapping out routes and asking him if he could see better routes or possible detours that may be needed, like for water and such.

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "Whoa, no way. That must mean there were people down here before us." I say excited at the prospect. Cautiously I look over the edge of the pathway we stood on. A short way down I noticed something strange about the rock formations.
"They're buildings." I say under my breath.

At that moment I notice something drop past me. A liquid drop almost green in hue. Slowly I stand and look above me. I only have a glance before the creature is flying at me. I rolled out of the way just before it hit the spot I stood. Pulling out my flip-saber, I flick it to forehand and brace for battle.

The creature was a gross monstrosity, huge and slimy like a worm but with the muscles and teeth to tear a person apart.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: I run up beside Eryn and pull my twin pistols out of my garters, "Well I guess we know why there ain't people down here anymore!" I said, locking and loading my guns and preparing to fire. The creature screeched at us as it prepared itself to attack. "Miss Saoirse, shall I prepare some vials for analysis of the creature's blood after the team has killed it?" Clide asked, and I nodded. "You best be ready for a fight, Clide. I feel like there are more than one of these things not too far behind this one." 

I pulled both triggers at once and waiting for the creature to die. 

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I was lost in thoughts as I sneaked behind the monster unconsciously, only to be flung away by it and see that the bullets the girl with the robot was raining, had no affect. I got up and grabbed my butterfly knife. I threw it into the air and I saw the monster react. This wasn't right, why would it react to shiny things if it was... Sound. I smirked as I unsheathed my sword and moved, soundlessly from one spot next to robot girl and told her: "Top the gunfire, it's very sensitive to sound so it can hear our locations. We need to try and move around it soundlessly and find a weak spot instead of just annoying it.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: "Well it has ears and eyes, smart one. It's obviously going to know where we're coming from," I say, motioning to Clide to hand me different bullets and a silencer,"If it will set your poor heart to ease, I'll use a silencer, though I hate ruining my babies like that," I say as I attach the stupid looking device to my guns and loading them with new bullets "Let's see how he likes these. They will produce an electric shock when they enter it's flesh." I say, shooting the monster in the feet this time instead of aiming at it's chest and head like I had before, "I doubt the bugger has armored feet." 
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I was still trying to absorb the magnitude of what Eryn and I had found when that thing jumped us. It was one of the ugliest things I'd ever seen, but it was definitely dangerous. I watched as Saoirse fired her electric bullets (I gotta get me some of those, I thought) at the creature's feet. Suffice to say, the impact made on hell of a light show. Massive amounts of electricity blasted through the thing, cooking it from inside out. That, of course, was accompanied by the distinct smell of burning flesh, a scent I was all to familiar with. I watched as the creature stood for a bit, wobbled and fell on its side with a thump. "Well...that was surprisingly easy" I said to myself. I just had to open my big mouth because as soon as those words left my mouth, I heard the thing hoist itself up. I turned to watch the creature and was honestly amazed it was still standing; most of its exposed skin was blackened (some patches had actually peeled away) while thin wisps of smoke drifted from underneath its shell. "OH COME ON!" I yelled as i drew my C-96 and took cover. I turned to Saoirse, Clide, Eryn, and Othyon (who had joined the other three, not that he looked happy about it) and we just stared at each other. "Well, any ideas?!" I looked among them and realized we were missing some one. "Wait, where the hells Norman?"

9 Years Ago

Norman had silently retreated back so he could properly use his rifle. Norman had been waiting for the right opportunity and smiled under his gas mask when Asher asked where he was. It was then that he took his shot The 50 caliber bullet, already powerful was made more so by Normans custom rifle barrel. Acting like a railgun, the bullet was no only accelerated even more but the penetration power was increased exponentially. All you could see of Normans bullet was the electricity that arced into the stone as it passed. The bullet hit the beast straight in the head, the electricity practically boiling the beasts blood as it passed through and landed in the rock behind the beast, creating a hole that some might claim disproportionate to its size. The damage to the beast was severe, just on outward looks the entire right side of its head was gone and it's body was severely burned again, it's blood was coo o ing it from the inside, but that didn't matter to Norman. He loaded his next shot and took aim

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "Lets make sure it stays dead this time." I say and run at the wall while swithing to backhanded. After a few steps up im at head height and I launch towards the beast. With one swift motion I take off the remaining left side of the head. I hate blood, so its a good thing my sword cauterizes the wound, but it's still disgusting. The remainig mass of the beast crashes down with a satisfying thud. "Lets hurry," I say "Before any more of those things come. Lets find one of those shafts, maybe it will take is to a lower level."

9 Years Ago

" I already have a route plotted, I'll take point." Norman said slinging his rifle over his shoulder and jogging to catch up and get a head.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I almost began laughing when my question about Norman's location was answered by the report from his rifle. I'd managed to catch a glimpse of Norman's bullet and I was astounded at how fast the bullet went. "A railgun? Where the hell did he get that?" I had mumbled under my breath but to be honest I was thankful for that much power being brought to bear. Eryn finishing off the beast proved my earlier suspicion that she didn't need much watching. I fell in with the rest of the group, searching for one of the shafts we'd seen earlier. Before long, we'd found one. "Well, who's first?" Everyone just stood there looking at me, not making any particular move. I just rolled my eyes. "Alrighty then, guess that's my cue." I climbed into the shaft, which of course had absolutely nothing to grab onto so I ended up sliding down the shaft. I ended up in a large room, definitely not natural. However, it had little in the way of content. "Come on, guys! Its all clear!"

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I watched as they killed the monster, impressed. The decision making was quick too, but the way they held themselves showed their determination. A determination not to come out alive... I would have to get a bit more serious to stay here, I chuckled. I grabbed the butterfly knife and flipped it around while walking next to Norman.

9 Years Ago

Norman glanced over at the guy with a butterfly knife, " I don't think that'll be useful anymore if that thing is any indication." He said before putting his hands in his coat pockets and jumping down the shaft accidentally landed on Asher. " You lied." He said as he moved away from the shaft.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: Having what amounted to a suit of armor landing on me was not a comfortable experience. "Haha very funny" I said in response to Norman's comment. We both fanned out to search the room. "So, what's that map of yours tell you? Any idea about where the hell we are?" I asked Norman, inspecting one of the walls for any noticeable features.

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I jumped down after Norman and looked at the soldier who was rubbing his back. I looked at Norman and said: "The knife isn't supposed to be useful, it's supposed to be weight." I followed them with the exploration and looked around as well, clear signs of civilization eminant

9 Years Ago

Norman checked his laptop again, the room begins to form. " Only one exit." He said as he studied the map

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I looked at the map as well to see something that made shivers run down my spine, we were just at the beginning.