Foreverfall : Forum : Day 1: The Entrance

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

Re: Day 1: The Entrance

9 Years Ago

(You'd have to ask Songfall, not sure how new additions are handled this late in)

9 Years Ago

(Sorry for the long post, am going to try to catch up in one text post...y'all need to have some chill when it comes to posting cause I can't be on at all hours of the day xD)

Saoirse: I start to get annoyed with Othyon, "Look here, Debbie Downer, we're not cowards. And you best stop talking about us like we are, because I will have Clide march your a*s back up to the surface if you keep whining about death. I'm certainly not afraid of it, I've met death before, stared it in the face. Even if I die down here, which I don't plan on doing, it won't help us any if you keep bringing down morale by talking as if we got no shot of getting out of here. So I suggest you stop talking if you dont want me to fashion a zipper out of something and fuse it to your mouth. Got it?" I say annoyed as we continue further into the chasm. I got some looks from the others, and while I knew what I said was harsh, it needed to be said, "It will bring down our morale if he keeps up like that. We need to keep positive, Maker knows how long we'll be down here." 

This group was so diverse, so full of different kinds of people. We had Norman, who seemed so different to the rest of us and who preferred to be alone. Eryn and I were adventurers, that much I could tell, and she was bright as heck, that much I knew from my classes, though I don't think she was as mean as I was. Othyon was just...something else; he seemed so very doom and gloom and so intent on death that I wondered what his motives were. And Asher, well, he was just cool. He seemed smarter than your average soldier, he had moxie I'd give him that. As we walked, I found myself wondering how we were all going to work together. 

We continued our travels further down until we stopped  "What are those, Miss Saoirse?" Clide asked, reaching out to touch the orb as the others discussed the meaning of what was written. I pulled his hand back, not trusting it as Eryn repeated the words on the device as the stone symbols carved themselves into her arm. After she finished, the cavern began to shake, and we found ourselves running and falling at the same time, with Norman falling...right on top of Asher. 

"You alright there big guy?" I say laughing as both he and Norman dust themselves off. We take a look at our surroundings and gauged what we saw. It was much of the same, there were still signs of civilization, but it felt a lot different. I leaned down to the ground again and had Clide pound into the floor so I could hear the sound reverberate and figure out where the next hollow area would be before standing up. 

"We're going to need to keep going forward for a bit...there's nothing underneath us, nothing at all. Not for a couple hundred meters at least. I feel like maybe we should make camp while we can; it's been a few hours already and lord knows we're going to need a good rest if we want to make more progress tomorrow. While everyone takes a rest, I can have Clide set up a rappel station so I can make my way down to see what's there and report back if you like." I say, plopping myself down on a boulder in the cavern and staring patiently at the others, waiting to see what they would say. 

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I mulled over Saoirse's idea in my head. It did sound like a good idea. After everything that had happened in the span of a couple hours I couldn't help but notice how fatigued I was. Considering we didn't know what the hell was below us, her offer made even more sense. "Im gonna have to agree with Saoirse. It'll be good to get some rest plus we can scout the area with Clide or whoever else wants to scout," That last comment was directed towards Othyon more than Norman. Othyon had been off on his own already plus I didn't really trust the guy to watch us in our sleep. Im sure Norman would want to do it but even a guy like him got tired eventually. Right? "We'll need to establish a guard shift. Who's first? Any takers?"

9 Years Ago

"I'll come with, since I'm the only one who can actually see well in this dark." He said referencing his now glowing red goggles in his gas mask which allow his to see a thermal image. " It would also let me find something combustible for a fire of need be. Don't know how cold it'll get in here." He said and started down the way.

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "I volunteer ol' butter knife here" I say pushing our sullen companion forward.
"I, on the other hand am looking forward to some rest." With that I pick a rock and fall asleep on it.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: "No need to worry about that, Norman. Clide's eyes are adjustable." I said, opening the back of Clide's head and tinkering a bit more until they were like flashlights. "Clide, you better get working on the rappel system before Norman kills himself trying to climb down by hand," I whispered to Clide as he began construction. I turned to Asher and smiled, "You first, Mr. Doom and Gloom," I said, nudging Othyon's shoulder. I popped open Clide's back as he worked, reaching around aeliopile system that kept his middle working correctly and pulling out a few bullets, "You best take these. Might need them if one of them scary monsters comes back for it's dinner," I said, gently placing the bullets in Asher's hand, "If you press the button on the side, they will reform slightly to fit your gun." Clide finished the rappel system and I hooked it up to my belt before I dove over the edge. 

9 Years Ago

(As I got the OK from Songfall, I'll just jump in somewhere about here if you guys don't mind)

9 Years Ago

I heard footsteps and loud noises from my hiding place somewhere above the group and cracked open my tired eyes. It had been months since I heard anything that sounded human-like. I looked down silently and noticed a group of people making there way through the area and silently analyzed them in my mind. Were they a new group? Were they enemies? No matter, I'll just find out. I silently lifted my sniper and looked down at the settling group and looked through my scope. After thinking a moment, I swung the sniper towards the woman that looked to be sleeping and took a deep breath. And pulled the trigger. The bullet veered a little to the left and missed her by an inch. Just as I hoped for.

9 Years Ago

(Fine with me) Norman shrugged and waved to the strange girl and her robot. He then began to settle to rest, and get comfortable. He began taking off his large jacket, revealing the large assortment of things he carried on a tactical vest as well inside the coat itself. He placed on the ground making a loud bang as it hit the ground. Next he took of the tactical vest and set it nest to his coat more gently then his coat. He sort of hoped that the others couldn't see him. He didn't want them to know how small he actually was. Norman lied on his coat and started up at the now inactive orb. He decided to keep his gas mask on so he could see, and he didn't trust the others enough to show them his face. Just as he got settled he heard the shot and quickly aimed his rifle at the source. Thanks to his thermal vision he could easily take a kill shot, but if this was a native they would need info. With no time to switch barrels he fired beside the targets head, with the railgun barrel the force of impact from his bullet caused a large woke next to the targets head and cause large cracks to appear damaging the structure she was on.

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I saw the bullet go by and my reactions were instantaneous. I immediately ran to the source, only to see a girl falling. Without thinking I grabbed her arm and her gun and jumpe to the safer places. Then I held Black March to her throat and asked: "Who are you?"

9 Years Ago

I felt myself fall and stared at the ceiling blankly. Is this how I would end? Suddenly, I felt a hand grab me and I was no longer falling. I looked up at the man now holding a knife to my throat and suddenly, though I was tired from the sleepless months, my instincts kicked in and I found myself twisting his arm around and grabbing his knife. As soon as his knife was in my hand, I flipped him over and sat on him, holding his own knife to his throat. "I could say the same. State your purpose." I stared at his eyes intently, my dark eyes glinting.

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "WHAT THE HELL!" I scream as an explosion wakes me and causes my ears to ring.
"When I get my hand on whoever did that I'll make them scream though a hole in their throat!" I pull out my Flip - Saber and survey the scene. Orthyon had a girl held at knife point so I had to assume that was the perpetrator. He was trying to interrogate her, but I didn't care I walked right up to the two of them and gave her a wallop to head so hard I thought I heard my knuckles cracking.
"NO ONE TAKES A SHOT AT ME OR MY FAMILY GOT IT!"
I couldn't stand gunfire, it was a sound that reminded me that my parents were dead. Killed at the hand of the Stream Mafia. Usually I could cringe and deal with it, but having someone shoot at me was different. I couldn't stop myself from raging out, a self defense mechanism that only got worse over time.

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I smirked as she grabbed Black March, she would be surprised in three... Two... One and as soon as my countdown finished, the girl let go of Black March and I grabbed the dagger. I put it away and played with my butterfly knife before turning to the girl: "You, you're an assassin aren't you? I can smell the blood. What is an assassin doing down here?" I saw the programming girl approach but I stopped we with a look that said: 'I can't be bothered with you right now' because I needed to make sure the danger was over first.

9 Years Ago

I heard the other one coming before I felt her hit my head. As soon as her hand made contact with my head, my previous dizzyness came back to me and, letting go of the knife I held to the man's throat, seemed to fall off balance and barely caught myself in time. Grabbing my sniper inone hand, I attempted escape, but my legs wobbled awkwardly.

9 Years Ago

Seeing that those two had it covered Norman took his time putting all his equipment back on. Lastly pulling his hood over his gas mask he approached the others. " So, any ideas what to do with her? Could be a native." He said giving the attacker a swift punch to the face, powerful enough to knock her on her back.

9 Years Ago

Othyon: Before the girl would continue to harm herself I picked her up and walked back to the group. The programming girl I told: "Be calm and strong." I turned to Notman and said: "We see what's up, then we act."

9 Years Ago

Feeling the punch ti my face, I looked at the man blankly. It seemed he wanted to display power? "I've endured worse," I said and glancing at the group, saw I reached my goal. "Hello." I stated my tardy greeting, "Who are you all, and what is your purpose?"

9 Years Ago

"Wouldn't surprise me if you had, I just didn't wanting you escaping." Norman told the girl and ignored her introduction. He wasn't about to converse with someone who shot at him. With a yawn he went back over to where the girl and her robot descended and curled into a ball in the corner to sleep. He carefully placed his gun so that it would stay against the wall before getting comfortable. (Night)

9 Years Ago

Othyon: "I wasn't talking to you little missy, and you should read the atmosphere. We're deciding whether or not you get to die."

9 Years Ago

I looked back at the man who caught me. "I've noticed. It's not like it matters. I die whether you decide I will or not. It's just a question of when. I've already got no reason for life anyways." I shrugged blankly. "And looking at this ragtag team, I wouldn't be surprised if you died in the next trial, like my team."