Foreverfall : Forum : Day 1: The Entrance

Re: Day 1: The Entrance

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "Go cry me a river you guys. What's done is done." I say while I attempt to wipe the blood off of my coat, to no avail. "Crap, it stained."
"Anyway, stop beating yourself up over something you couldn't control. You wont be punished for having no soul. At least not by us. Besides there are worse things that you could be." I say, before taking a deep breath.
"Let's go, apparently we aren't sleeping anyway." I yawn.

9 Years Ago

(Sorry guys i also cant respond well because im at school)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: At that moment only a total of two people were making logical sense: Eryn and Norman. Norman actually understood how dangerous those things were while Eryn actually understood that you can't change what's been done. I understood Saoirse's concerns but those things clearly hadn't wanted to make friends when they showed up. Othyon and his reveal was unexpected to say the least. I'd find more info on this Kaleidoscope program later. I looked at everyone as I fell in behind Eryn. "Well kids, shall we? No sense in standing around. We'll sort this s**t out later, right now we gotta explore some more. We'll have to find an oppurtunity to sleep later."

9 Years Ago

Othyon: "We can't go further yet. Whatever is happening here, is explained in that room. And I want to know what exactly I'm up against." I move to the room and went in, looking at the books. All in a language I couldn't read, frustrating.

9 Years Ago

Norman began cursing the natives as he set out his tools to disassemble his rifle. " Alright, I'm taking the kid gloves off." He said absolutely pissed that his gun was damaged. He began taking his rifle apart.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I sighed to myself as I realized that we wouldn't be going anywhere until everyone let off some steam. I laughed to myself as I watched Norman whisper an impressive amount of expletives under his breath as he cleaned and fixed his rifle. At the same time I pitied him; I knew what it was like to grow attached to your weapon, especially if it was custom, only to have it damaged like Norman's weapon was. I walked over to Othyon and saw the massive amount of symbols and characters in the book. Looking at them for a time, I realized that I recognized them. "Hey Eryn! You still have your translator or something? See if it can decifer this book!"

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I dismisse the proposal and said to the soldier: "No need, I think I got it." The reason why I had it, was because there was another book there, with a language I could read. It explained a few words so I used them as a guideline to understand the grammar and then understand more words. One of which, fell quite often: Tower. "A tower filled with trials, some stuff I can't understand, at the top one's wishes to be fulfilled. Where the heck is a tow-" I remembere the layout, the layout of this entire thing, we were in deep s**t if my theory was correct. I motioned the soldier to gather the others while I grabbed some of the stuff that was there and went to Norman, he probably would not want to move while repairing his rifle after all.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: As I moved to gather the others I began thinking about the books contents. "Othyon, wanna fill us in about what the book says?"

9 Years Ago

Othyon: "It talks of a tower. A tower where civilizations rested and grew, a tower that was under one ruler, a tower where only select few with special qualities could go on a journey to climb it, from the bottom to the top to have a wish fulfilled." I let what I said sink in and looked for any reactions. Confusion was what I saw in their faces or, in the case of robot-girl, refusal to look at me. "Now I may think too far into this, but I think this chasm, is that tower, that is beckoning new champions, and the engravings we saw? That was the King of this tower. The reason why I think this chasm is the tower? Norman, would you be so kind as to pull up the map of the chasm?"

9 Years Ago

Norman retrieved his laptop and quickly pulled up the map from the data we collected so far. Then silently went back to repairing. After finally managing to fix his railgun barrel he pulled a different barrel from his back. Beginning to attach to barrel he mumbles its capabilities, " Telsa engineering, capable of creating an orb of plasma that sticks to enemy, melting them into much." He muttered angrily as he imagined those natives melting.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I listened to what Othyon had to say and I was both impressed and deeply curious. I watched Norman repair his weapon for a couple minutes, laughing at his ramblings. Turning back to the map, I asked "So? What's about the chasm lets you know that its the tower? And why would it open up after so long? Its obvious this place is ancient Maybe it was originally above ground? It makes sense."

9 Years Ago

Norman completely assembled his rifle with the new barrel. He opened up the action and put in a spherical object. He aimed his gun in the air and held the trigger down activating the tesla cannon. When he released the trigger the rifle shot out a high voltage sphere which violently arched on anything it could until it hit the ceiling and released its plasma payload melting the ceiling and causing liquid rock from the ceiling to drip down. " Lets see you damage my rifle now a******s." He said with a satisfied smile.

9 Years Ago

Eryn: "It's simple, the tower is upside down. As we get lower the floors get narrower until we reach that disk in the middle." I say and pick up some of the books and place them in my bag. "Lets bring some of these back for the schools."

I then head over to the cable which had been used to lower Clide for recon work. grabbing on, I shimmy down keeping the cord wrapped around my leg and arm so as not to drop to my death.

At the bottom I speak the ancient language to light up my palm. Casting my light around the area, I notice the floor is paneled with symbols like the books and stones. "Hey guys, any of you know what the code is for this thing?"

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: After a while of looking around and finding only what appeared to be a small child like creature, I climb back up the side of the cavern with the tiny native in my arms. The minute I get back to camp, everyone is up in arms, pointing guns at the poor thing in my arms. "Nobody touches this kid, got it? I'm bringing him back to the surface when we go back to one of the border hospitals between Digitry and Stream; he'll stay here for now in a little enclosure until we get back but I think it's worth keeping him around, and trust me, he's not going to hurt you. He's weak, he's frail, and hes too young to actually know what violence is. So again, anyone lays a hand on him and they'll answer to me." I say, cradling the tiny thing's head as I lay him on the ground. I motion to Clide, who quickly builds bars from the floor to the ceiling close enough together so that he couldn't get out even if he wanted to. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Othyon watching him, but I don't care. All I want to do is save the people in the realms and figure out how to save these poor creatures in the chasm. I watch as Eryn sends herself over the side where Clide had been doing some recon, and I walk up to Asher, "Do you think I'm making the right call with these things?" I ask, gesturing to the little shivering child-creature that was now cowering in the corner of it's cell; I nodded at Clide, who pulled a blanket out of his mid-section and layed it carefuly over the child.

9 Years Ago

"Your pity for that THING will ultimately kill it." Norman warned as he looked at the child. " If you just pull it from what it knows it will react with violence, and the police force in didgry isn't going to show that thing mercy because you pity it. Or they'll use it as an experiment to learn about the chasm. Either way it's better off dead staying away from us." He said as he charged up his tesla cannon.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: Realizing what's about to happen, I quickly step in between Norman's BFG and the child creature. "Hey, hey! Just calm down there, alright? As much as you may hate me for saying this, Saoirse's right. That thing looks way to weak to attack us or anything." Norman looked visibly irritated by my interruption but disengaged his rifle. Turing to Saoirse, I could see the twinkle of pity she had for the creature. "I'll take your side on this one because I'm agreeing with you; it does look way to frail. Killing what amounts to a child without proper observation isn't something I plan on. I won't make the same mistake again." The last part of my statement I tried to hide under my breath; we had enough to deal with and I didn't want to reveal anything. I could see the joy on Saoirse's face and I couldn't help but crack a grin. That made my next words that much harder. "Im gonna have to warn you though, if that child attacks ANYONE including you I'll put it down. I can't risk injuring anyone, especially the way we are now. Does that seem fair to you?"

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I look at robot-girl curiously, before I walk past her and the kid and look at up. "You were partially right programming girl. The tower isn't upside down per say. If you're in the tower, you could say it's in the correct position, but from outside its upside down. To be honest, I don't think we're even inside the tower yet, because we didn't meet a guardian yet. Probably what Rin met and that led to her companions death. But let's hope there is no such thing as an... 'Irregular' they called it, among us. Because if there is, we might be split up." I turned to robot girl and whispered: "I wonder how Kaleidoscope woul have been, had you been one of the few non-researchers we met." I heard programming girl go down and shout the question up to us and I said: "Come back up. We'll have to wait. Those symbols are guarding runes apparently. We won't have to worry about then if the first floor guardian picks us up, but if we have an irregular amongst us, we might have to worry." (Love the Doom reference by the way Red)

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: "It probably wouldn't have result in this, but you'll have to tell me your thoughts on that later," I said, gesturing to the boy. I look at Asher with tears in my eyes, "Thanks, cowboy," I say, giving him a big hug, "I promise, he's not going to hurt anyone. I just want to get him up to the surface when we can because maybe...maybe we can help them and give them some semblance of their humanity back. After whatever that group did to them, they deserve that much." I turned to Norman with a smirk on my face, and I almost find myself laughing, "Maybe if you had a heart you'd understand, Norman. Cowboy here, he get's it." I went back to the child, dragging Asher with me this time. Clide stood by, watching as he cowered in the corner. 

I opened up the pack Clide was carrying and took out one of my homemade granola bars and broke it in half, reaching my hand through the bar to the child-like creature, "Here you go, it's okay, I won't hurt you," the boy turned to me, his eyes almost receding into his head; he looked unsure, scared, but I smiled at him, and he reached out, gently lifting the food from my hand and smelling it before turning back to his corner; I could tell from the chewing sounds that he was eating. "See cowboy, everything and everyone deserves to be shown some love, cause it's about a thousand times more rewarding than treating everything with contempt," I say, patting him on the shoulder. 

I gesture for him to sit next to the cage with me; I already knew Eryn, and at this point I was too pissed off at Norman to even try and get to know him, and I had a feeling Othyon didn't like me so much, so that left the soldier. "I had a little brother once you know. He was four when he and my parents died. I guess that's why I care so much about this little guy, you know?" I pushed the other half of the granola bar through the bars of the enclosure until the little guy took it and began to eat that as well, "So what's your deal, Asher? What did you mean back there about killing kids? I could tell that upset you a lot, and I hope it's within my boundaries to ask," I said. 

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I walked towards the room again, while doing so I said to robot-girl: "You said it most of us all, everyone has a dark stain in their past, whether it's blood, or a ghost." I walked onwards, into the room and sat down on the floor there. I looked at the bookshelves before I grabbed my knife and spin it around unconsciously: "Telling them part of our secret was too much right, Kaleidoscope?"
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I was happy that someone was actually cheery for once. I had to admit, the kid was adorable. As I sat next to Saoirse, I listened to her story. I could understand, I loved my little brother and I'd be devastated if he died. To be honest, I'd probably react the same. Of course, Saoirse's question took me by surprise. I just looked at her. "You heard that huh? I was hoping you hadn't" I sighed. This was a story I hadn't told in a long while and was a memory that was something better left buried. I trusted Saoirse however. "You sure you wanna hear this? Jeez, I haven't told this story in a while" I rubbed the back of my neck. "I was part of a special forces squad, operating up north of Digitry. We had been ordered to deal with 'rebel' elements that had been attacking a bunch of settlements. We were moving through one of the rebel-held towns; it was ripped apart from artillery fire and air strikes. So, while we were moving, we ended up being engaged from one of the buildings in front of us. Two of my guys went down immediately, I myself was hit. It was a hardpoint, would have been too risky to hit head-on. So, I requested an air strike. Of course, all they had was napalm for some reason. As much as I hated napalm, I couldn't wait. So I ok'd it" My hands started shaking at this point and I realized I had started sweating. "As we waited, occasionally trading fire with the guys in the building, I noticed a small form running around inside the building. Right before the bombs hit, I saw a kid run out. By...by than it was too late. I had to watch as the building and the kid were engulfed in flames. Ha, you know the worst part about napalm? It sticks to everything, even water. We waited as most of the flames cleared. I personally moved to check the building. I already knew what I'd find but I wanted to be sure. Inside, I found the usual guys with guns. In the back room, though." I started breaking down. "There were a few women and children. So many kids...I found out later that it had been a school. Those guys had been there to evacuate them, to get them away from us. I was discharged a few days later, given a medal for my 'heroism'. I nearly shot the guy who gave me it. I've been sitting on my a*s in Digitry ever since" At that point I couldn't control myself. I started bawling softly.