Foreverfall : Forum : Day 1: The Entrance

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

Re: Day 1: The Entrance

9 Years Ago

Asher: I follow Saoirse as she moves to inspect the murals, relieved that she's alright. Im surprised when I realize the mural she's looking at shows the yellow eyed woman that we'd all seen before. Dozens of questions begin swirling in my head. Was she revered as some sort of goddess? Was she a queen. I smile at Saoirse's giddiness. "Glad you're having fun new Sao" I said, moving to look closer at the mural on my own. I glance at Saoirse's face and chuckle at the look she gives me. "What? You gave me a nickname. Though I'd return the favour" I laugh as I begin to trace the outline of the mural with my fiNgers. Thats when I blacked out.

9 Years Ago

Norman began looking around for signs of other people. More specifically that assassin.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I wake up for the second time within five minutes. "This is getting ridiculous" I grumble as I push myself up. I realized that I'm in a small room, one that is featureless and void of anything obvious. The only recognizable feature was a simple wooden door. Having no choice I grip the door handle as I hold my breath. "Here goes nothing" I say as I push the door open. It takes me a second to process the image in front of me. A town...Norman's town. More precisely, I was looking at the exact spot where I had order the napalm strike. I stood frozen for a moment, trying desperately not to begin reliving that horrible memory. I began looking around as I sensed something watching me from the shadows of the school; still intact. Seeing a figure in the doorway, I began moving towards it. Of course, as I do the figure decided to flee. Catching a splash of red, I began licking up my pace. What was Saoirse doing here? Following just behind the figure, I needed up in the room which gave me nightmares, only it was clean and empty. No bodies, no people, nothing. I entered the room and began inspecting it, hoping to find a clue as to what the hell was going on. As I got closer to the back, I felt a wave of heat washing over me. Spinning around, I was met by hell itself. A wall of napalm flames stood between me and the exit, with no apparent way through. It only got more horrifying from there. Slowly, burnt and mutilated figures began to emerge from the flames. They were the children. I covered my ears as their screams and crys echoed in my skull; my head felt ready to explode. I watched as they slowly advanced until I noticed something strange. Behind them stood a man. He was tall, at least my height at six feet with his face covered by a short cloak. He was dressed in clothes that wouldn't seem out of place in an upper-class Stream district, only his looked like they were exuding some kind of dark aura. I saw bright red dots, what I presumed were his eyes, stare at me intently before he flashed me a sadistic and menacing smile. "You can't escape your past" a voice boomed, one that sounded cultured and refined. I realized it was coming from the man. "He knows and He is coming for you. Its only a matter of whether or not Verona gets to you first" he said, still flashing that wicked grin. He disappeared before my eyes. "You dont know who I am? I'll give you a hint" The voice came from behind me now, only a subtle whisper in my ear. "I've been with you since that day. Oh, not this one. You know what I mean" My eyes went wide. "How do you know?! Who the hell are you?!" I yelled at him. The man crouched down in front of me and kept grinning. Reaching for his hood, he eased it down. "You wanna know who I am?," he leaned in closer. "I'm you" His last words were followed by pain the likes of which I'd never felt before. I found myself screaming and writhing around in pain. Only, I realized I wasnt blacked out any more. I was very much back in reality. I kept right on screaming.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: "Nice try, cowboy, but I already have a nickname actually; Sao makes me sound like a girl pig," I laughed, ""My friends actually call me the Whiz, cause I was a smart a*s as a kid but call me whatever." I laughed, but suddenly I was in a void. "ASHER?!" I called out, but nobody answered. As soon as I had finished, I was back at my house in Stream. I could see the blood trail on the floor, and while I knew the outcome, I had to check and see. I walked into my parents room where my father's body hung from the ceiling while my mother's head was as beaten in as it could be. I could hear whimpers coming from behind the door, and when I turned, I saw my little brother, blood oozing out of so many stab wounds and the giant gaping hole in his abdomen that nothing could be done. "Shee...shee...sheesa?" He said trembling, and I crawled over to him, not caring about the blood, and cradled his tiny body in my arms, "I'm here now Logan, it's okay, you're going to be okay," I said, crying lightly enough not to scare him. "Shee..sa, the bad men came back today...Da...tried to stop them from stealing it but...they got him and Mum..."Logan was trying so hard to stay alive but his tiny body couldn't take the blood loss much longer. "I know baby, I know..." I said, clenching my eyes as tight as I could before I finished speaking, "Close your eyes, you'll see them again soon, baby, I promise." With one hand I pinched his nose shut, and the other I used to cover his mouth. Soon his body stopped moving and the tears poured freely from my eyes. 

"You're too weak to be here," a voice said, and when I could finally look up, the yellow eyed woman was standing there, "You're never going to make it. Soldier boy isn't going to save you, nobody will. You're too weak. Too weak to give yourself up to the Outliers who wanted your father for the specs for that new weapon he designed, too weak to save your family, too weak. You're going to die down here." And with that, I felt the pain of every wound inflicted on my parents and my little brother all at once, could physically see the blood pouring down my face and the air leaving my lungs as the invisible noose tightened around my neck. And as I was about to black out, I was back in reality again, but the pain was still there, and I still felt like I couldn't breathe. I screamed as loud as I could but I doubt anyone could hear me, or that it was loud enough. I just lay there, crying and screaming, waiting to see what would happen next. 
Red

9 Years Ago

I lied there for what seemed like hours, just screaming and writhing. I was snapped out of it by a fist to the face. My fist. "Oh shut up. I need you sane and mentally competent so get up" I realized the voice was the man from my dream, the one who claimed to be me. "Who are you?" I grunted, already noticing the pain subsiding. "Didn't I tell you? Im you and you're me. We're one and the same. We just share a head is all" the voice chuckled softly. "I'd pull myself together if I were you. Your lady friend isn't doing to well" By the time he finished talking, I found the pain completely gone and the world coming back to me. Only I could hear screaming and crying, Saoirse's. I pushed myself up, still sore and disoriented from my ordeal. "Hey, hey its ok. I'm here, ok? You're alright, you're ok" I said soothingly as I picked up Saoirse and held her close. I noticed that she slowly stopped screaming and crying, burying her face in my chest not unlike a child would do to a parent. "You're ok" I whispered as I sat there, letting Saoirse calm down. "What the hell happened?" I asked mentally, hoping this 'other me' would answer. Sure enough, he did. "Verona is trying to get to you. She wants something that you have, I dont know what. She also seems interested in that girl of yours. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she's trying to mentally break her down, make her easier to control" I was confused at his past words, but the voice became much more gentle. "Keep her close. Verona is afraid of you, I dont know why but knowing her that's a very impressive accomplishment. She may try to get at you through this girl, turn her into her own personal plaything or something. You watch her closely, Verona is keeping her distance from you for now. Keep it that way" With that, the voice was gone.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: I was brought back to reality rather quickly and woke up in Ashers arms, "I was home, the day my parents were murdered...the day I had to end my little brother's life. My parents had invented this war machine; he never told me what it was for until the Outliers wanted it. Said it was for what was coming, for when He came back. I tried to stop screaming...but she was mocking me and it was the only way to make her stop was to drown it out and it seemed like I wouldn't be able to get out until you got me," I said, wiping the remnants of tears from my face and curling more into Ashers chest before I looked up at him, "You saved me there, cowboy. Seems like I'm weaker and a bit less over it than I thought." I was content, happy being where I was, so I smiled up at Asher, "She's not going to get to me again, not this time, not when I have people like you, and to an extent Othyon, to keep mr going." I kept smiling, believing what I said to be true and resting mu head against Asher's chest. (I wont be on again till probably 2 or 3 Toronto time so, would you guys mind waiting for me a bit?)
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I held Saoirse close, trying to make sure she was as comfortable as possible. We had both lived through things people should never have to; I understand her pain. I looked at her smiling face and smiled back. "You're not weak, ok? Everyone has their own special talents. You made Clide, for god sakes. You made a robot on your own. You're a genius and that can be a weapon all in itself" Letting her head rest on my chest, I said, "I'll be here. Just yell and I'll be there to protect you" As I processed everything that was happening, I realized that I had a suspicion about what Saoirse's father had created. I was sure I'd seen it with my own eyes. Project Prometheus.

9 Years Ago

As Norman searched he noticed that he was no longer in the mural room but a void. After waiting a while the void gave way to his town in flames, and anger flared up within him and he began searching for the soldier who commanded it. He finally found him outside of the town being dragged by his men, injured. He activated his telsa cannon and was about to turn the lot of them into a puddle of mush when another hand touched his shoulder. He whirled around to see a strange goat like creature. He was pretty sure it was a Satyr, but this one was huge. "Anger is for the weak. Anger makes one lose sight of the goal and can get you killed." It said with a very peculiar voice. Norman asked it, " What is your name?" The satyr thought and said, " Call me Pan, I am the part of you that holds to the dogma of survival before anything else. You created me so you could live alone all these years in the wilds of this world. And now it seems you need my help again." Norman was about to say something when he was jolted awake. He was in a strange room, He quickly found the soldier and inventor. And approached

9 Years Ago

I awoke in a void, falling, endlessly down. I stared into the blackness until I saw a yellow eyed woman come my way. "Ertha." I stated and she smiled, smiling a crooked malicious grin. "I see you're back, Raphaela," she replied mockingly. "Are you ready to give it up yet?" I shook my head stubbornly. "Never," I replied. "You did not keep your promise. You killed the others , so the deal's off." She laughed. "I knew you would say that." Then she snapped her fingers and a hologram showed the other five. "You're in no position to say that, princess." She replied. "Give your uncle the clock and it'll all be over with. Your darling Eryn won't even have to face the secret. We won't try to control her. Now come back home. Bring the clock. None of your friends will be in pain." "They're not my friends." I retorted and shook my head. "I'll come, but on my terms." Ertha reached towards me and shadows seemed to move around me and my eyes flashed. "Be gone, ghoul." I hissed and she stepped back and smiled. "I see," she opened her mouth wide and smiled. "Have it your way, then" and she seemed to drop me down. I opened my eyes and I found I was in a battlefield.

9 Years Ago

Saoirse: I leaned in close to Ashers ear again, "I know what you're thinking, but you can't tell them. Prometheus is too dangerous for someone like Norman or Othyon to know about. If the outliers got it they could use it against the realms and then everything my parents died for..everything we are trying to protect will be gone." I once again rested my head on Ashers chest, "Thank you, cowboy." (ok that was my last post before 2pm Toronto time; really appreciate if yall wait a bit thanks :] )
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: "You're welcome" I whispered back. I looked up at Norman as he appraoched, Saoirse having fallen asleep. I could immediately tell by the look in his eyes that he'd had the same experience. "You saw your 'alter ego' too, didn't you? A manifestation of sorts, of your emotions and feelings I mean. Saoirse and I just went through it" By the expression on Norman's face, I knew I'd hit the nail on the head. "Othyon was right. This place is evil. There's something going on here, something we can't explain. Eryn has weird symbols on her arm, we've all blacked out several times or at least had weird visions. I dont know what it is about this place. We need to find a way out as quickly as possible. Im certain that this place will kill us or change us" I sighed as I contemplated everything that had happened. "We never should have came here"

9 Years Ago

I saw Othyron flash through the battlefield and was about to call out to him when I heard a voicein my head, "You two together can be dangerous." And the field was gone. I fell through another void, and hearig a voice, reached out towards Eryn and called her name, but not before continuing down and ended up landing on something hard. Right in front of Norman, Saorise, and Asher. "Its better for us if you stay here." The voice hissed again and then it was gone. As soon as I noticed them look up at me, I covered my face and staggered back, away from them.

9 Years Ago

"Too late to cry about it now soldier boy. This is about survival now, and I'm the most capable out of all of us to do so." Right after he said that the girl who fired on them appeared and covered her face. " Alright, enough with the appearing and disappearing acts." He said to the ceiling as he aimed his telsa cannon nowhere in particular. " Take us to the assassin or i will reduce this room to a puddle." He said as he loaded a sphere of glass into his rifle and began charging it. " 3.....2....."

9 Years Ago

Othyon: I didn't kill anyone. I just walke around, pretending to be the weak one. When suddenly I heard a voice shout: "Alright, only a hundred of the beginning thousan remain, please stop fighting and wait for me to transport you over." I felt a light engulf me once the broadcast stopped and I appeared on a platform, surrounde by ninety-nine people. In front of us all stood one person. He was completely average, if you were to look only at the outer appearance. I felt myself not wanting to get on his bad side and the person spoke: "Welcome to the second floor. If you got here that must mean you have gotten past Headon. This floor is called the floor of beginnings, where you will be tested for your position which you will take in a normal group you join I climb the tower. You will learn more as you go on, but first, let me tell you something. This tower is dominated by mana. If you can't control at least a bit of mana, you shouldn't even try climbing the tower. So, to stop any disappointments from happening, let me sort out the useless plants." I saw how people next to me were pushed back, but I stood there, not having felt anything. The person in the front continued: "That is a wall of mana, it's not that dense so even the less talented should be able to pass through." "Um," I started and the instructor turned to me, eyes widening, "I didn't get pushed away, what am I supposed to do now?" Silence was his answer for the first few seconds before he smiled: "It seems like I made a small mistake, but luck is also a skill so you automatically pass. Please, have a seat," he motioned to a chair next to him and I sat down. While watching people pass, I thought of the test the others would have to take, it would have to be simpler than pie as long as Headon kept his promise and they wouldn't argue... The latter probably wouldn't happen.
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I knew Norman was right; sulking about it wouldn't do anything. "You're right. But Norman...you can't just rely on yourself. We're all stuck here. We need to work together" I said. Suddenly, Rin appeared before us. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about her. Laying Saoirse done gently, I stood beside Norman as he began charging his rifle. "Norman, wait. Doing that won't solve anything" I said as I lowered his rifle with my hand. Walking over to Rin, I gave her a deadfaced glare before I withdrew my Mauser and leveled it at her skull. "You will bring us to Othyon, like Norman said, and you will tell us everything about this place. Otherwise," I said monotone, cocking my gun to make a point. " I WILL put a bullet in your skull and I won't think twice. I dont know you well enough to care whether you die or not so I could give less of a s**t if I shoot you." Rin and I glared at each other, both of us waiting to see who would move first. Hearing Saoirse stirring from the commotion, I said "Hey, Saoirse? Just close your eyes and dont look. I dont want you to see this" Norman and I looked at each other and nodded. We both knew that sometimes, the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few.

9 Years Ago

Reluctantly I uncovered my face, revealing a mark in my left eye and when I glared at them it flashed. "I'll take you out of this godforsaken place, rather than to Othyron. Let me deal with this myself. Uncle will just kill you all and then inhabit Eryn's body, as they planned. And I don't know if I stull have access to this place anymore," I growled.

9 Years Ago

Norman pointed his rifle at the girl and charged it. " We're waiting, and I don't think either if us are very patient people at the moment."
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I was normally a very patient man, but Rin's arrogance and refusal only agitated me further. "No, you won't. We're all to heavily invested in what's going on to back out. Now, you have me holding a gun to your head and Norman holding what's basically an acid gun on you. Now, I suggest you explain. Who is this Uncle and what are his plans for Eryn? Is he the same as this god-king person we keep seeing references too?" I jammed my gun harder into Rin's head to punctuate my demands. We had stood around and done nothing, letting whatever this place was mess with us. It was about time that we get answers and clues to what the hell was going on. "This 'uncle' may end up killing us but I will make damn sure that we dont go down without a fighfight" I was sick of inaction and all this mental weirdness. It was time to take the offensive. I looked back at Saoirse, who still sat where I'd left her. My features softened. "Hey, Whiz?" I laughed inside when I realized I'd used her nickname. "If you want out, now's your chance. I won't hold anything agaisnt you if you decide to leave. If you do, I jsut pray to god that I'll see you one the other side. What do you wanna do?"

9 Years Ago

(maybe before you go deciding on the course of the thing we should wait for Songfall to see where she wants it to go, as this is her group lol)

Saoirse: I wake up after hearing the conversation that had just transpired. I walk up to Asher smiling, and grab hold of his arm, "There's no power in the verse that could make me leave here. Nobody else is going to die," I said, smiling up at Asher before looking back at Rin, "I will go down protecting the people of the Realms even if it kills me. But I'm going to need something from the surface. I will tell you where it is and you can get it for me," Everyone looked at me curiously, "We're going to need Prometheus for this. You can find the plans locked in a safe in my workshop." Rin disappeared ten, heading back to my shop which I am guessing she knew the location of already, being...whatever she was. Norman and Asher looked at me curiously, "Asher has seen Project Prometheus before, but I dont think either of you knows how it really works. My parents knew something like this would happen eventually, and I think Da knew what was down here, so he began work on Prometheus when I was a kid. It has one purpose, and one only: it's to be used in the war on Him, on one of the Makers, the one who is undoubtedly doing this to us all." As I finished speaking, Norman disappeared. Asher and I were left alone in the mural room just as we had been when we awoke from the nightmare. "Well, this has been an interesting two days," I said laughing before turning back to Asher, "But I'm glad I'm here, even if it kills me."
Red

9 Years Ago

Asher: I smiled at Saoirse's determination. She was a tough girl, I had to admit. "Hey, Saoirse? Im glad you're staying" When Rin appeared with the papers detailing Project Prometheus. Suffice to say, I was astounded. Looking through the endless amount of scientific notes and papers, I realized something. "Yeah, I've definitely seen this before. Only...judging by these notes, the military had only very early prototypes. Jesus, these are decades ahead of what the program currently is!" I looked at Saoirse, confusion and intrigue in my eyes. "What exactly is your parent's invention? If you have the plans, how the hell did Digitry's military get it? What we have is nothing compared to what's in these notes." As I finished my sentence, Norman decided to disappear. At this point, I wasnt even surprised. "Goddamn it" I said as I looked at Saoirse. "You're right. This has been one hell of a time"