The Authors 3 : Forum : Quotes

Re: Quotes

6 Years Ago

YES
and when the term shifters is lowercase, it's the derogatory term used by Zrikryb
when Shifters is capitalized, it's the species

6 Years Ago

"I'm Kato." (Zrikryb)
"Really? That's my nickname, how funny!" (Kyndra)

6 Years Ago

Rkona explains his grand plan, how he’s actually a human-sympathizer, that’s why he’s gotten all of us sympathizers in his troop. He played the part of a perfect Z so that he could have good influence with the Leaders so that he could pull strings and get all of us together so that we can help the humans. I’ve never seen this much emotion from him, and I’m almost fooled into thinking it’s real. Almost.
     He turns to me after explaining his plan. “So, what do you say, Kato?"
     “What do I say?” I repeat, confused. “All you ever do is single me out, put me down, and make me feel bad. All you do is push, push, push. I’m done. I've been in your troop since I was assigned to be in the army. Not once have you any shown me any kind of affection or even approval, so no. No more being an obedient little soldier. Lead your mutiny, play your mind games, do whatever, just count me out. I’m sick of this and I’m sick of you. Goodbye, Rkona, because I’m done.” I get up to leave, but his words stop me.
     “I push you because I love you, Kato! I push you because I want you to be the best version of yourself so that you can be the best, and so that the Leaders don’t degrade your status because of your personal beliefs. Look, the mind games were for the leaders, I had to convince them that I was on their side. I like the humans just as much as you do, I just hid it, for the better. I’ve done all of this because I love you. I promise I love you. Can’t you see that?”I sit in silence, stunned. The fire snaps away happily in the background. Everyone else in our troop is silent. Nomik, for once, doesn’t have anything to say.
     “What?” I finally ask.
     Rkona runs a hand through his hair. “I love you, Kato. I always have. Everything about you, I just... I don’t why, but I just love it.” I burst out laughing, this idea suddenly seeming hilarious.
     Rkona looks to me, puzzled. “What?” I turn my eyes to the fire, watching the flames jump and fall back and change color.
     “Just... Rkona, the Zrikryb’s poster child, to steal a Terran term, fell in love with a lowly shifter. The great Rkona, who could have any creature he wants, loves me,” I grin and look to see his expression, which seems to say Huh, I never thought it that way, but yeah, that’s true. He grins and me and shrugs. I’ve never seen him this relaxed, this released. His smile, his real smile, not the one he normally fakes, is boyish, kind, and a little sheepish. The left side of his mouth quirks up higher than the right. A sort of happiness floods through me at it and I smile back.

Kato and Rkona

6 Years Ago

AW IT'S SO CUTE

6 Years Ago

aw thanks :)
oh, yeah, i drew them

5 Years Ago

"We are smart, strong, independent, hard-working creatures with full stomachs, a meaning, and whatever choices we’ve earned to make for ourselves. For example, our mates and jobs. You humans are so stupid in the divisions you make in yourselves. Don’t you know that we are all stronger together?”

Alekey to Peri, Zrikryb Side POVs

5 Years Ago

"There's a reason I exist."
Peri to Alekey

5 Years Ago

"We are stronger, faster, smarter, and better in every way. Why do you continue to think we're at a disadvantage?"
"I don't care how much better you think you are. This is our home, and we're not giving it up without a fight."

Z and Jay conversation, All Fall Down

5 Years Ago

nice
i think i need to make some from butterfly travelers

5 Years Ago

that's true

5 Years Ago

when kylara finds draike's body, talon should say something along the lines of,
"ky, what's wrong? you're as pale as darknight!"

5 Years Ago

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Vivian Greene

That quote is in the library at Edgemont.

5 Years Ago

oh cool
did you see what i changed my quote to?

5 Years Ago

yeah i saw it
XD

5 Years Ago

how do you like it?

5 Years Ago

"Ah, black. It's the best color. Don't you think that it's the best?" Kaiden
"Uh..." some clueless SWORD kid
"Well? What say you?"
"Uh... it's ok, I guess..."
Kaiden nods sagely. "It's ok. I see. Well, I think that you might like my second favorite color better. Can you guess what it is?"
"Uh... gray?"
"No. Red," she grins sadistically. "Blood red."
then splits his throat

that's one, here's another:

"Mermaids, Sirens, what's the difference? I killed one once. Nasty thing. Tried to claw my hair out. Instead, I expanded my war hammer right down her abominate throat and took her hair and scales. That's what I made my bowstring out of, and decorate my bow with. Now, every time those vile creatures approach my ship, all I have to do is get out my longbow and they flee like the abhorrent cowards that they are." Kaiden
Kyndra starts hissing something in another language, looking more devastatingly, dangerously beautiful than before.

because kyndra is a siren
and in the metaverse they're the same thing
so kyndra calls kaiden 'sister killer'
and they hate each other

5 Years Ago

this kaiden sounds a lot like amand

how many sadistic characters do we have at this point now?

i have 2- er three, now that i think about it
amand, korbin the crow, and ketil

5 Years Ago

uh i have kaiden
and um
kellya becomes a bit sadistic
starwraith

yeah i have three

5 Years Ago

jules? you?
total of sadistic characters: 6
this is bad

5 Years Ago

mad, be realistic. that's six out of hundreds and hundreds. that less than one percent.