The Authors 3 : Forum : Quotes

Re: Quotes

5 Years Ago

Volcrona's pretty sadistic.
Manipulator too.
Beyond that, I don't know.

5 Years Ago

"You shall fear me!!" Grout yells, spittle flying from his mouth.
Kaiden smirks. "What's fear?"

5 Years Ago

i literally summed up the metaverse plotline in this:

Richard Oswald started out as Gregory Linn’s most trusted bodyguard when S.W.O.R.D was first founded, but then the night before Hawk Guy betrayed the Three, he met with the Purple Chromashifter. Ketil filled his mind with fantasies of power and control, and otherwise corrupted him. He also gave Oswald a job: to kill Gregory Linn. Linn knew who the Zrikryb were, and Ketil knew the basis for founding S.W.O.R.D was to fight the Zrikryb when they invaded Earth again. So he ruptured the organization from the inside, starting with Oswald. Over time, Oswald formulated his own fantasies of ruling the world via S.W.O.R.D, becoming more and more corrupt as he grew in power and support. He was ready to kill Linn one night, when all of a sudden, a baby appeared on S.W.O.R.D’s doorstep.

The Eagle.

Linn immediately fell in love with the child, and Oswald knew he couldn’t kill Linn while he was taking care of her. So he set out to kill the child instead. But as she grew older, she only became more powerful and more dangerous. Oswald was now torn, debating killing Linn or the child first. 

But Linn was already a step ahead of Oswald. He knew he was in kahoots with Ketil and the Z, and that S.W.O.R.D would eventually fall into Oswald’s hands and become corrupt, and that he could not win against Oswald if he set out to kill him. Linn’s metapower was to foresee the future, and even with his precious organization in the hands of Oswald, he knew there was still hope for humankind. So the night Oswald finally decided to eliminate Linn, he faked his death instead, and went off the grid.

However, even with Linn gone, the child, whose name was Arke, was still a threat. Fortunately for him, Oswald found the next villain sensation: Zavier Hunter. He was infamous for choking a man to his death in under 5 seconds, and was thought to have killed at least 20 people. He was also Hawk Guy’s grandson. Oswald took advantage of this, and hunted him down, killing his friends, and brought him to S.W.O.R.D. His plan was to kill Arke, and blame Zavier for it, but then Zavier and Arke fell in love, and had kids.

So Oswald decided to eliminate Zavier’s whole family.

His plan was to lure them to the S.W.O.R.D base, where a bomb was planted under the fountain, and then explode them to oblivion. However, Zavier and the kids survived, but Zavier dropped his youngest son when he fled. Someone brought the baby in, and Oswald decided to raise him at S.W.O.R.D. 

Zavier rose in power and anger, and set off to avenge S.W.O.R.D for tearing his family apart. He went mad, going on rampages and overthrowing the old leader of the I.I.E.M, earning himself a name from the public: Darknight, after the darkness powers he possessed. The older child, a girl, went off the grid with a power suppressor around her neck. Oswald assumed she wouldn’t be a threat.

Until 11 years later, he heard reports of a crazy teenage girl that pushed a kid through 5 walls.

She was brought to S.W.O.R.D, had a mental breakdown, and turned into a falcon. She was assigned to be trained by the campus delinquent. After a year, she ran away into Coma City, only to return a day later. And later, she went up against the same kid who had trained her, who had become a formidable enemy, and nearly killed him. (well, they both almost killed each other) Her power signature was off the charts, and she learned at a scarily fast pace.

Oswald knew she was the one.

He put her with the boy who had trained her as punishment, but that didn’t stop her from still gaining power and reputation. He put her in a suicide mission with the boy and an unruly GM, but they not only survived, but became loved in the public eye. He couldn’t stop her from forming an elite team out of the troublemakers she had been put with that fought for justice and equality like the Three had. He couldn’t break her will, no matter what he put her through, no matter what she found out about her family, her bloodline. And he couldn’t stop her when she, the Dirthawkers, and the rest of the metahumans and GMs from S.W.O.R.D rebelled and overthrew him when they found about his nefarious plans. And he couldn’t convince her to turn against her father when he wanted to avenge his family’s deaths. Darknight killed Oswald, but she was his downfall. 

And what Oswald didn’t know was that Greg Linn wasn’t alive. He didn’t know that the day the child fled into Coma City, she ran into him. He didn’t know that Linn was the one that convinced her to go back, and help free the metahumans and GMs at S.W.O.R.D. He didn’t know that the night after she was recaptured, she vowed to become the best hero that the world had ever seen, and he definitely didn’t know that this child had a will that was almost unbreakable.

And if he had known the potential her friends had, he would’ve eliminated them long ago.

But he couldn’t get rid of her, or her family and friends. So when the Zrikryb decided to invade Earth, they were ready. And the Zrikryb lost. Ketil’s plan was foiled.

They couldn’t get rid of Peregrinator, the Dirthawkers, Darknight, Darkling, Jay, Serephimbia or the Shifters. 

And Ketil ended up becoming just a spoiled, monologuing prince.

THE END

5 Years Ago

im not gonna post it anywhere bc its all the spoiler wrapped up in one costco pack

5 Years Ago

duuuuude
that's great
i thought that sword took alex?
why would darknight drop him?

5 Years Ago

yeah sword did take alex
i mentioned that dn dropped him

"...Zavier dropped his youngest son when he fled. Someone brought the baby in, and Oswald decided to raise him at S.W.O.R.D. "

and i dont know why yet

5 Years Ago

yeah
why would dn drop him

5 Years Ago

i don't know why yet
do you have a suggestion?

...well he couldn't just hold him and kill all those officials at the same time
and he was in a huge rush to get the heckk outta there afterwards

5 Years Ago

yes
but
this is darknight we're talking about
he would not drop his son
he would like make a baby carrier thing out of darkness and make it float in the sky while fighting the officials and running away.
also, how did mandy get taken away?
maybe a winged sword person flew up w/o darknight noticing and stole Alex, and darknight didn't realize it until he was at his safe house or whatever?

5 Years Ago

she was taken by the government
that whole part of his backstory is still really fuzzy right now
we need to clear things up

5 Years Ago

yeah no kidding

5 Years Ago

We really do need to finalize those details =D I have a hard time believing that's what happened. Maybe he dropped Alex when the bomb went off? Like, he was blown backwards and lost track of him. Then he snapped and shot a bunch of people, so he wasn't thinking straight and he only saw Adira, so he grabbed her and ran. Then by the time he got his thoughts together and went back for Alex S.W.O.R.D. had taken him.
It took me five seconds to come up with that. No wonder I'm the "idea generator" of the group =)

5 Years Ago

we're all idea generators
i think of it this way:
mad is the most motivated artist
jay's the most motivated writer
and i love coming up with ideas and characters and backstories and worldbuilding (part of the reason i love working on rogue so much)

5 Years Ago

Originally posted by Jay
We really do need to finalize those details =D I have a hard time believing that's what happened. Maybe he dropped Alex when the bomb went off? Like, he was blown backwards and lost track of him. Then he snapped and shot a bunch of people, so he wasn't thinking straight and he only saw Adira, so he grabbed her and ran. Then by the time he got his thoughts together and went back for Alex S.W.O.R.D. had taken him.

kato i call her the idea generator bc whenever both of us are stuck and have writer's block she seems to come up with more ideas that motivate us to start writing again
if ALL of us had writer's block that would be bad

also
in art we're doing comics and im doing a scene from dht that i thumbnailed randomly and my art teacher really likes it and i really like it and i think you guys will like it when i finish

while we're talking about what we all do in metaverse you could say that jules is the most motivated writer, kato is the most motivated developer, and i just do art 
(and maybe started metaverse but that's beside the point =b)

oh yeah jules i really like that idea thanks

5 Years Ago

uh mad
I started coming up with names for 'cape universe' in second or third grade
like we had made up the name then
me and my bros had a whole universe before I started collabing with you guys
and I came up with the name and most of the side stories
you may have had a few characters, but you didn't invent your entire universe first

5 Years Ago

Technically the Metaverse started from Chloe creating S.W.O.R.D. and Project Z so. . . we can really only take credit for building on it =)

5 Years Ago

but she didn't call it the metaverse
the metaverse is the baby of cape universe and whatever chloe's superhero world came from

5 Years Ago

i mean, chloe did start it
but you asked to be part of the s.w.o.r.d thing
so...
i also had a universe before metaverse and i've implemented it into metaverse
but that doesn't mean i created metaverse
chloe did
and then i did a lot of the 1st developing 
(so forget that thing i said about creating it)
and then you guys jumped in and took over
it got so big that we needed a name for it
and bam, metaverse

5 Years Ago

so the metaverse is the child of chloe's universe, mad's universe, and cape universe
but no one person created it
it was the just the child of all of our ideas

5 Years Ago

. . . because it wasn't complicated enough before.