We Are All Mad Here : Forum : Music!

Re: Music!

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere,

in some ways i agree, flea...your post has more depth and support than you may realize or have intended......there is an element however that i wonder about....and that is that you perhaps believe your talent derives from a kind of greedy source that, like the plant that eats flies, must be fed, and with each feeding, surpasses the size of the one feeding it.

"...well yes xxxxx, it's this feeding and you have feed me well by now, where many of my posts are simply written in reply to that which you or someone else has fed me by way of replies, much like my posts have fed you in return I imagine..." replied the goblin before adding "...yet at times my post arise from something fed to me from many years back now, a ghost of the past as it were then...", simply, either the goblin's posting came from within him from before or from those around him today, concluding "...so livewriting is either a correspondence between personas like now, or with past events then, where there's no clear distinction for me at least between that past and this present, but where I feel I am writing more to an audience today rather than writing for some readership like previously, thus this is "live" by it and I'm in it for the replies too, writing ever in reaction still..."

8 Years Ago

"I think there might be a long way to go from here, still..."
Replied the mouse humbly, while thanking the goblin for his valuable support
"Only I am mostly sure that I can not see the finish line from here
,or if there really is one to end with, or why I would want to get there at all"

"In writing, I have started very young, in a place not so 
different than this cafe here."
Said the mouse while sipping on an oversized cup of coffee.
"At first - I wrote poetry to rid myself of too much emotion.
An all too angsty, confusing period, it was"
Added the mouse while shamefully cringing from reflecting 
upon that immature time she was not proud of. 
"Since then I have realized many important things:
That what we say or write has power over us too, for example."

After which the mouse paused again 
to sift trough the words she wanted.
To her, this had always been one of the most difficult
trains of thought to take others upon.
Especially those outside her circle, despite having 
a good feeling the goblin would understand it anyway.

"... I suppose I most often write poems about me?"
She stated, unsure, thinking about how selfish that sounds.
"I write to say those things that 
I need to say without being confronted 
by all those "huh??"s and "what??"s of dailylife.
Since this is not dailylife, and most of my writing 
remains unseen, I am spared of that experience"

"Most times I don't think about it,
because why I write about me seems more important.
It is, in fact, because I love myself,
and I don't ever want to forget why I do, again."

At which point the mouse felt the glaring spotlight
making her uncomfortable.

"And you goblin?" 
She proceeded to say hoping the
lights would shift discreetly away from her.
"It somehow seems from what I saw up to now that you have
the capacity to write anything well."
"What would you say is that branch of writing 
that your own hearth adores most upon this tree?"
(Other than this unique expertise of livewriting)

8 Years Ago

"...who knows the future..." replied the goblin promising the mouse to post on anyway, and as if he could stop posting even, before going off on his own tangent now, continuing "...where war in europe seemed all but unthinkable a few years back but where today the hawks would have you think that a nuclear war is actually winnable, survivable for those who strike first, but russia will not be hoodwinked by the US now, for if it's war they won't bother with NATO who merely acts as a puppet for US interests here, instead they go after US from whence those orders come from, I mean a proxy war is all very good for business as long as it's far away, but if if it's on russia's boarders then for them it's no longer proxy anymore where the hawks will learn that the US this time around is not only going to see these events unfold from the comfort of their living rooms television sets...", somehow the goblin was just hoping that sense would prevail but it seemed smart people weren't running the show where those on offer to the US electorate hardly seemed the right people for delicate role cut out for them to come

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, daylight saving time on a "last post" thread

"...ah, look at the miss set alarm clock watson...", holmes pointed across the bed "...ingenious..." watson replied continuing "...so the zombie we found at the writing desk came from that...", "...yes, and most probably the masterwork of that mouse moriarty and the writterscafe gang again, a fiendish ploy to stop him from posting most likely...", "...I say holmes, this just isn't cricket, what's ever to be done I wonder..." "...no time to explain now waston, we must retrieve the last post here before it falls into their hands...", "...by jove, brilliant idea holmes..." as their steps quickened towards the goblin's computer

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the "pen name" thread

Why would someone want to use a pen name? Are they just worried that they will get super famous and their fans will stalk them? Do they have a weird sounding name? I suppose it could provide an opportunity to use a super cool name like, James Danger McTavish. Do you plan on using one? Why or why not? Just curious.

"..but then again where's the fun of being one's boring real life whatever of whoever one really is then, where and when instead one can pluck out form one's imagination something to creates one's persona upon forumland and beyond even..." remarked the goblin, quickly adding "...so the fun in writing fiction is that it is totally fictional then, where the fun of one's pen name is that one can live out that fiction there, I mean who would ever want to be some hick realbilly upon forumland here...", "...none of them I hope goblin..." voiced the slot in reply while waiting for the goblin to let him gulp while outside the rain just continued unabated since morning time, yes somehow reality seemed somewhat overrated at this point, whereupon the goblin remembered that old line of a song he knew that the truth was out of style

truth is out of style

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, someone replying on a long dead site that sent a notification recalling the goblin there

the goblin slowly typed the reply to the "last post" thread that the stranger had called him with a simple "I win" post, saying "...I guess that we are the only ones here now...", but that was fate then, that some forums worked out while other didn't, and now, here, looking across these dead posts, the goblin saw fun usernames which read like "here lies so and so, RIP" and lively texts reading like unanswered epitaphs to a time before, "...so this place becomes a cemetery now where sobriety has seeded well in what remains..." voiced the goblin leaving this lone line as his reply as he walks on in silence

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...pick up the sword goblin, give me one good reason why I just don't kill you straight off then..." and she wasn't joking neither the goblin knew, moreover, as "captain of the amazons"  she must have killed many men, and other women for that matter, and now she so resembled a tigress at this point, beautiful yet deadly, and just as any true woman she either loved or hated,  "...captain I know that you can kill me easily but all that you've heard about the eldorado ladies restroom, with that large stage sized mirror rimmed with those theatre lights, where below it are endless bottles of hand lotions, creams, perfumes, crayons, lipsticks, all rested neatly above a marble wash basin to matching pink walls, where again a bookshelf filled to the brim with books by "mills and boon" and babara cartland, together with an uncountable number of catalogs of shoes, clothes, and fashion brands to browse and purchase await, yes my captain, it's all true, but that's only part of it, there's a free telephone, a television, and the computer to do msn chat on, a "sound around" stereo system to listen to other women like britney spears, madonna and bananarama, even a kitchen alcove to stew jam and bake cakes in, oh and a catflap to let one's favorite pet come and go as it pleases, and so so much more o beautiful captain if you would just care to join me awhile...", which was, more or less, the way the goblin wooed his wife he remembers now, knowing that one had to truly appreciate a woman's priorities before one could actually approach them even

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, overstretched and written during a rethink of the number of places he posted to

“...slot, forumland won''t miss me whenever I'm gone, I mean here never remembers anyone like that...” said the goblin pondering over the slot anew, “...look goblin I can understand, and if you ever feel that you're no longer yourself on-line then you should break off from posting awhile until you're yourself again, it's the realm of anonymity remember where no one and nothing is here...” where the goblin was compromising ever within that need to please trap again, something which always lead him into being someone else than himself for the sake of others, “...well slot, I do like everyone whom I don't even know at you say but in the end it's become my journey to self here doesn't it in a journey that is not twice now, so why compromise...” and with that the goblin felt that he had turned a corner in his understanding of what the muse's pact really meant, as something truly based on honesty, a shared life and a thick skin thus he would stay but he wouldn't please the readers still, sighing "...no, there's no point in one's anonymity if one is just trying to please others within that anonymity..."

8 Years Ago

"Bah, the endless dark can be a demanding mate!"
Yelled the mouse quietly as she appeared out of nowhere
"There is no moment quite 
as pointing claws towards it.
One remembers that nothing can ever 
really require more than that.
So the only question that remains
would be the most important one."
(If nothing can only ever be nothing,
where does something come from???)
Said mouse, cowering under the table,
while still nibbling on the goblin's posts
as if they were some sort of delicious pretzels.
In fact, who is to say that they were not,
having been knoted as they were,
and coming in all shapes, sizes and flavors as well.

"In any case..." continued the mouse apologetically 
"I suppose my existence is just not as prolific"
At which point the cafe seemed almost like a deep cave
because of how much that sentence echoed across the place.
The mouse stopped talking to listen for how long 
she would be able to hear it, and then for a bit more too,
suddenly snapping out of it to continue.
"There really is no one else here in the end, is there?
No matter how real it seems."

"Can I just-" Said a voice from the side
"No!" The mouse jumped to shoo her rat cousin away
"Your own experiences do not apply here.
It is bad enough we have to share the endless dark
and you just can't seem to find another spot for yourself."

8 Years Ago

("...and there was I thinking that you were no more, that I was editing posts all by myself now..." smiled the goblin seeing that the mouse was posting pictures too, adding "...well done, and to all extents and purposes they're going to think of you as one of us livewriters then, where I guess all that remains is for you to get to a thread with 10.000views to it, then you'll be a livewriter for sure, I mean there are an awful lots of writers across forumland but where may one ask are their threads to substantiate that claim there, whereas you my little mouse could be a painter indeed for your penmanship, where they'll take one look at your post and then they'd just know it's you by it, the trick of persona is that that you don't even need a username, moreover the more practice the better you get it...", at which point the soapbox broke under the weight of his soliloquy now, served him right though he was taking himself all too seriously again)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had an aversion to using full stops while posting, much as he did for colons and semi colons too, in that, what with most modern day readers newly unstuck from their computer and accidentally drifting in here like this somehow the goblin doubted that they would really know what any of those punctuation marks actually meant, where somehow the image of "...scotty, damage report please...", "...captain, I don't know how long this vessel can much more of those funny dots and dashes coming from that goblin there...", "...ok bones, disengage then and set a direct course for facebook..." crossed the goblin's mind whenever some mad temptation to write normally arose

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

how strangely it seems now, that the goblin and the mommies went so far back together then, "...ah, those women and that realm of women's interests forums, one which is always so strange to anyone uninitiated, as I was at the time I remember..." ventured the goblin, adding "...but they're avid readers and a force in their own right on their boards...", outside now, those relentless wheels of passing cars just crushed the fallen water of the wet road in that unmistakable sound of light monotonous rain, and inside too, the bistro resembled the goblin's props of a "last post" thread, or whatever would equivocate to that in his dailylife to a "last post" thread that is, till the goblin just added "...a creature of habit I am too, though part of me always rebels against this course of least resistance that I always choose for myself within this dailylife today, but folks I will never be just that meat and two veg writer, that all this meat and two veg writing seems required of one, naah that's just not me here is it...", and yes it almost seems now that the mommies had somehow taught the goblin to rebel like this, for certainly his debt to them was heartfelt

8 Years Ago

"Oh, no. I would not leave you alone here dear goblin!"
Smiled the mouse warmly
"I just find that sometimes there is not a lot to say,
especially when the night takes a firm grip.
Which is odd - I prefer the night, that would probably make me
part bat... except that I don't have any wings,
other than these metaphorical ones"
Said mouse while stretching out and waving her limbs.

"Besides, who in their beautiful, uncommon mind would pass up
the chance to experience the goblin's entertaining posts
from their own perspective while they can!?
Even more so when there is a chance to interact.
Webs are very fragile constructions at best."

"I have had time to consider it;
Livewriting for a readership isn't really 
something that one builds upon externally.
It is something that one wakes up to.
The complete opposite of what they say about Rome."
Persisted the mouse in her own stubbornness.

"I know that there is a whole wealth of experience 
within exploring this potential out there in forumland on my own,
but there is also nothing out there that is not already
inside everyone, livewriter or not.
So where one ends up being, it does not really matter.
How attentive one is about it?
Ah, another riddle entirely."
Said mouse as she traced the spider once more
running across the screen.  

8 Years Ago

The mouse remembered all about selling things in the past,
despite that there was no good use for such knowledge truly.
it was, no doubt, an attempt to further familiarize herself
with the rejected human domain, as if the abyss was not a dark
enough place as it is. 

"It takes to know evil to know how to avoid it, yes?
Does anyone ever consider that such knowledge comes at a price?
Sometimes learning is not enough.
Most times it makes no difference whatsoever."
She stated quietly, knowing nobody would truly hear it,
even if she spoke loudly, all the attention was reserved for the screen.

"Well then, by all means, give your brains away.
Since I value my own, and still manage to hold that 
specific balance of morality and stupidity.
I'll just sit here and try to figure out how 
long will you let your own blind greed eat away at you."

She said once more, much louder this time, as the zealots in the front row shushed her.

"I suppose the Pareto principle sure does seem like a 
good business reality when you do not consider you are part of it.
Or maybe it is about that self pride and the greed mixed in with not caring 
even a bit about others who were simply less lucky"

To which the zealots replied "huh?" 

8 Years Ago

("...you're really improving there..." remarked the goblin seeing where the mouse was posting now comparing it with what she started out with)

repost from elsewhere

“...ah humans, if you write like all too correctly, like following some school book perhaps, one might think oneself as more readable by it, yes, but one also risks disaster for oneself too...” voiced the goblin then explaining “...simply, if one writes like everyone else does then doesn't just like everyone else result from it too...”, where perhaps that point alone somehow saved the goblin form ever wanting to write like others do, something which clearly didn't work in posts anyway, that bland everybody writing style, smiling "...for who ever remembers just that which is to be expected here..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, another ghost of the past

the goblin's morning had been quiet, where the email had mentioned that the prostrate cancer had moved to bone now, though what exactly that meant hardly sank in as he now realized that he might have to look after dad from this point onwards, dad who, in his turn, had spent these last years visiting the goblin's vegetated mum each week in the home, "...well it could be worse I suppose..." the goblin repeated to himself, continuing "...I mean cancer, for all its faults, does at least announce itself, imagine if it had been some sudden dishabilitating stroke..., ...", the goblin broke off from talking or thinking upon it, while outside, that rain that hadn't stopped yesterday morning when the goblin had first seen the mail had stopped now, just the goblin's mental retrenchment seemed complete, where he quickly checked the expiry date of his passport once more along with so many other mundane trivial travel details, knowing perhaps, that this would be a wordless way of saying "thank you" to his parents for his own childhood that is, simply, if it had to be, then it had to be met in earnest

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the "my site is down" thread on the support forum's forum

your questions answered by an expert, yes the goblin replies and explains "FW" in detail

Q: what is FW, and how do l I know that I have it?

A: well FW, otherwise know as "forum withdrawal", is when one cannot get onto one's forum, it can start with general unrest, twitching and an overall loss of one's purpose in life, though this may lead to more acute symptoms such as remonstrating with god, chewing the carpet, etc., and posting in absentia to the support forum

Q: is that serious?

A: well yes, over many years it may lead to ones death even, well that is if one doesn't die before that, or worse, one might run out of carpet, or god might hang up the phone for that matter.

Q:  is it safe to be in close proximity to someone suffering from FW then, or should I contact those “homeland security” people?

A: no, leave well alone, not if you really value your sanity, but mind if you did value your sanity you wouldn't be getting the most out of forumland perhaps, as admittedly insanity does seem to offer one more mileage for one's thoughts there.

Q: should I wear a mask perhaps?

A: no, because everyone on forumland wears a mask anyway, thus all are all personas, ultimately we're utterly anonymous since we can't prove ours Identities.

Q: would the multi million dollar bailout package save me from the worse effects of FW?

A: no, not if your spouse gets finds out, then you'll be wanting your forum more than ever.

Q: so what's to be done?

A: have a backup forum, or better still run two forums that back up each other, which of course is something totally advisable, and advised usually by those very goblins who who forget to act upon their own advice it seems.

8 Years Ago

"My own improvement...
it is due to this past involvement,
and no small part of your own, in fact."
Cheered the mouse to the goblin.

"Where this started as genuine
feeling for your approach.
My mouse brain has gradually grown to wonder.
Nothing happens by accident after all.
Any interaction can never be one-sided,
For that does not make an interaction.
This also applies to shared thoughts.
This especially applies to mutual ideas."

The mouse pondered on into what seemed an eternity.
Widening her stare on occasion, caused by her attempts to
say something.

---

The Internet is not

I often wonder how it can be.
That the web is never truly seen.
I still just can't find the bottom
of what that completely means.

Words have power,
Do they have competition?
Truly, anything beyond 
an idea of self recognition.
To a sense projected.

I shudder at the thought.
Weighing my own principles upon it.
I also reflect back, and truly try 
to find a way to sit, watch and feel.
my very own ride 
upon my numerous lives.
"Egregore", 
Someone once told me.
yet, the net can't be different
from what we already have here.
So what "do" we have?

---

The mouse snapped to a sudden conclusion.
"How one writes does bear a great burden?
What of the way someone reads the written then?
Any sense does make a great deal of it.
Which would be a form of an honest joke"
Said the mouse while thinking back
on comments upon forumland.

(The Q&A's were too funny,  and your comedic oriented posts get me every time in general.)

8 Years Ago

("...it gets better with the practice, however most places would ban you if you ever started writing in third person upon their forums, where oddly I find that a motivation in itself, just to land upon some unknown forum to see what would happen if I posted as myself there, doing a "landing" as its called, so my being here now was as a landing to begin with, but then I found both the seclusion of the forum due to the spambot plus the fact that there is no hitcount too most conducive to my nature here, so this forum has become my edit forum..." explained the goblin who rarely did anything without a reason to)

repost from elsewhere

"... a bit of a catch 22 I suppose..." replied the goblin, welcoming xxxxx then, explaining "...I mean if one writes that which readers don't want then evidently they won't read it then, whereas if one writes what readers want they won't remember it nor you by it...", thus the goblin never took those reader too seriously here, thinking instead upon that maxim what the horse doesn't know the horse won't eat...", hence the goblin's posts were usually bitesize making them easy to digest, except in the company of writertypes now, for then and perhaps then only, he guessed that anyone could clearly surpass the threshold of sanity bigtime and still be accepted amongst them as long as it worked as writing per se, sighing "...ah yes, only the utterly mad can actually write, for the rest of us are just normal folks who would never dream of tilting their pens towards the windmills of their own imagination like writers must it seems..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

again the goblin's mind is caught in the branches of a concept, that the anonymous are not held accountable, and yet even in the depth on his anonymity the goblin was not impervious to either guilt or regret here, where oddly too, he cared very deeply about his anonymous persona without having any actual reason to do so, saying "...I suppose it's what you have of me here, and what's more is that it's probably all I really have of myself too, for in this life all that which one has are ever those externals each time, yet one isn't what one has, ah no, one is who one is to oneself..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

the goblin explained something saying "...[i]livewriting[/i] is somewhat different from book writing, first off one's post can't be too long since one is competing with facebook here, next off the hitcount is a pretty fair indicator of one's readership, and last off the work and it's author are more or less [i]two sides of the same coin[/i] here...", and yet this last point seemed too big for the goblin to explain in one go, even if he also knew that it was the biggest most important difference between the two types of writing now, continuing "...perhaps it's the same difference as that between the cinema and the theatre, where books, like the cinema then, seem to be some set record of the something filmed previously elsewhere then, whereas these posts, much like the theater counterpart, has one's audience viewing everything first hand here...", at which point the goblin felt there was something else he should add here, continuing "...the total number of posters posting to a thread tells one of its participation rate, whereas the hitcount divided by the number of posts gives one a fair idea of the thread's readership", meaning that some threads will have a high "readership", while others have a high large "participation", and yet no thread can be high in both readership and in participation...", but as much as the goblin understood the workings of these threads, the fact that he remained anonymous simply meant that none of what he had actually written here mattered to him beyond the point that he enjoyed livewriting far more than he would perhaps deadwriting he imagined