8 Years Ago

"Oh no!
It's not your fault goblin!"
Said the mouse, disappointed that
it came out that way.
"Most likely it would have made sense 
if I simply thought upon it more.
But I know what you meant now."

"I don't quite know what it feels like...
Growing old felt like something I was born with,
while in height comparisons to humans,
growing up is just something that will never happen."
Mentioned mouse looking upwards from the floor.

"And well... I am still so young to plan out my life.
Sometimes, however, life deems it necessary to
plan out things for us by itself.
crafty and unrelenting it is in its work."

After which the mouse added thoughts about children
and their growing up, specifically in the goblin's case:
"It must be a sadness to watch them leave,
but it is also not without joy, surely!
All creatures leave the nest at some point
only to return with their own developed perspective.
(and they always do return)"

Marlin: I promised I'd never let anything happen to him. 
Dory: Hmm. That's a funny thing to promise. 
Marlin: What? 
Dory: Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. 
Then nothing would ever happen to him.

---

"The Earth-man?"
Asked the mouse timidly
"He is not my idea...
Instead the entire post was
an adaptation from a past story which
I often feel I never should have written."
Said the mouse twiddling her claws.
"Too much journal material, not enough fiction...
and he only did appear for that scene, in fact."
She continued with a content smile.
"Who knows, perhaps even fix this issue
If I were to expand upon this idea"

---

One of the rare times mouse did not have to interject for the sake of her own beliefs.
It was a relief, not so much because making others see through her eyes empowered her, those kind of things never worked anyway, It would not really be an abyss if it did.
If anything, such attempts were destructive and drew out more strength 
than the mouse had a capacity for.

The Earth-man arrived as a blessing.
Where finally instead of being called insane for relating her stories
the Earth-man indirectly encouraged it. An entire existence that touched upon everything
that had happened before and during "the life event", something that made her "reremember"
that she already had all the answers inside, there is no need to look elsewhere.

"Do not consume" He said
"Culture is a system too, one that diverts 
this false reality under the guise of 
what is real, and they tell you that you are not. 
Be born - learn this - get a job - work here - die
No! Create culture instead...
reclaim the brain the media stole"

"This existence!
It is a conformation of me,
That I am this fluid dream...
In some cluster,
far from but the physical.
Only due to the difference in my own eyes
and in those of everyone else, as a result"

Re: Music!

8 Years Ago

("...it's like painting..." repeated the goblin, adding "you're the only one who knows what it should be there, the rest of us just see the result then...", where the earth man was something real to the mouse at the time he imagined, adding "...actors become their parts to become credible to their viewers, where perhaps writers become their plots no less than those actors there...")

repost from elsewhere

How is it that your garbled writing makes so much sense? The other day I was sitting across from someone that was puzzling out a cursive word. Took me but a few seconds to get it, upside down. I enjoy your perspective. Be well

"...well that's probably because I can never really write like all you humans do, but perhaps that's what the humans evidently want anyway, and besides, where is there any anonymity where one writes upon forumland just as one does in one's dailylife too..." replied the goblin honestly enough, noting that his PM box seemed more active towards him of late than the forum was, adding "...you see, most writers are still trying to write for that publishing world there, whereas I am a livewriter from the livewriting scene, just you can google my username to find the others in this circle, in that a livewriter's username is google traceable like an author's authorname should be, whereas the persona bit is simply that of you that most posters will remember you by, so one builds up a loose association with some persona here, for example xxxxx is a unicorn, xxxxx is raven, xxxxx a chameleon, a mouse, a bus, and so many others today, simply because few people will actually remember someone's username like mine fleamailman, whereas I don't know how many times I've read something equating to "oh no not that stupid goblin here too"...", "...well goblin she'll know you're quite mad by that explanation won't she..." went the slot's voice in the background, "...quite so, but she knew that even before she sent her PM, but by now she knows the nature of my madness here..." replied the goblin hoping that it helped her even if alas the goblin it would seem was far beyond help and couldn't help himself then

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...actually, I remember a lot more when making a point to recollect the past, than when I don't test my memory at all..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...though admittedly whatever I did at some point past has no meaning in my today now, just that it's best to not let one's memories go unrecollected too long I suppose, and yet, when I address my past objectively like this, lots of other memories that I had forgotten come to the fore, but however much I recollect them, it all means nothing to anyone else and is of no consequence to me, as it's just gone...", and besides, the goblin had long noted that there seemed some pattern in his childhood, carried on through his youth into early adulthood and beyond, summed up by that term the path of least resistance towards one's dailylife here, where one just repeats the same routine week in week out year after year, etc, so the goblin just laughed, saying "...amazing isn't it, that one dreams of adventure here, yet everyone actually prefers that little "nine to five" dailylife of theirs, with its security and creature comforts against that big unknown, that fear of death too, whatever, simply we all shelve the big adventure for some other moment to come, so mine are just memories of this shelving then..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking about someone else's post on domestic violence now, and just how nonviolent his own family seemed by it, and how too, violence just equated to yet another type of unfaithfulness towards one's partner, where once it happens the trust is betrayed,  and where the alcohol too often acts as some linchpin to whatever anger lies within...", in fact, the goblin just understood that the victim had to leave from that point, even if there was nowhere else for her to go, if simply because he is not in control of himself where only a fool would believe otherwise and stick around to be victimized further

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, touching on someone's birthday

"...so here's to birthdays-past then..." quietly proposed the goblin trying to think to himself which one had been his best, adding "...you know, looking back now, perhaps the best gift I ever received, for my birthday that is, was not what I was actually given at all but more an unfading memory of someone who gave me something at the time, where those late people who are now in some long gone ago setting today are ever mine still, and yours too perhaps whenever you think back upon them now...", so "many happy returns" just turns out to be some spell of association behind the gift itself that then becomes the real gift all these years later

8 Years Ago

"That is probably true"
Said mouse considering the goblins words
"That this is much like painting
Only my lack of motivation for readership,
or viewership in this situation,
leaves me with an apathy towards 
patience and technique.
So, all that can be seen in the end
is a mash up of paint across 
the canvas of forumland,
where subjective interpretation
becomes like an excuse or escape."

"It's good to see that not all humans
have trouble differentiating between 
a goblin and a troll."
After which the mouse started to wonder again.
"Then it was the fleamailman before it was the goblin?
The legacy you left for google can trace you to years long past, 
was it ever anything less than that?"

"I'm not so sure I would want it - googles attention, I mean"
Feared mouse as she thought about all the times
the identity she does not have was in fact stolen.
In a situation where some new website asked 
for her username with a simple blank box,
which, after typing in "Abyssmouse", would reply with:
"We are sorry, this username is already taken."
To which the mouse often exclaimed: 
"Damn it all into the neverending!"

---

"Abuse does take many forms, not necessarily a violent one.
I have yet to be convinced I should not blame some mutated form of nepotism.
Where shared blood dictates, not right or wrong, but what is bearable.
It must be that horrific tradition people have accepted,
in which the subjective value of people is put to the bench,
by an objective sense of what or who someone should be.
Like it has anything less to do than with what one feels."  

8 Years Ago

("...hang on a sec, a reply like that means you've actually been reading my posts..." ventured the goblin wondering if most folks didn't just looked at the pictures instead, adding "...fleamailman is a very old username indeed where before that though I was just another snailmailman writing letters home I guess...", whereupon the goblin had never had his username taken but had often had that username  disallowed through its connotation of being the verymost troll amongst the other trolls, before smiling "...naah, I'm not a troll really, it's just I find doing landings too much fun to resist...", where no matter the forum was about its off section just seemed to have a goblin upon it)

repost from elsewhere,

"...all that I ever wrote on this internet here belongs to forumland now and is anyone's for the taking..." replied the goblin, then adding "...where if I ever become known by my posts, even as this unknown then, then the fact that you posted with me a the time ties you into this journey here, though what's odd is not the confidence I hold in myself, so much as the total lack of confidence or utter indifference that most folks hold towards their own posts, no understand of persona, and the stunted result that seemed to stem from that indifference there...", thus the goblin was a livewriter where livewriters hewed some of their better posts into something better still, into something that was more like themselves to their pens and for no reason at all bar perhaps the need to not leave something unfinished, saying "...no there's never any start line to this writing on forumland, only a sudden realization that one's posts just form so many strange footprints upon the snow of a creature that otherwise remains hidden in dailylife, one's alter ego perhaps..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the writertypes again

I'm not into the practice of giving away my work for free

"...fair comment I suppose, but then again, how are any of these readers across forumland here ever going to learn how well you write now, if and when one doesn't first post something of oneself for them to judge one by, and besides, you yourself pointed out to me on your thread just how insidious and encroaching all this on-line was becoming, where agreeing I merely suggested that you both contribute something here and to think out your persona more, apparently a mistake on hindsight seeing how loathed you seem to be to either hear me out or make any connection there..." mused the goblin aware that he too had joined this writer's forum to see which writers were writing what in their posts, adding "...look, I respect you as a persona, and understand too that I could well be addressing some famous author now, yet I'm on your side, because none of your not in the habit of giving away my work for free silliness will endear you to those readers who turn up here for you, for what do they see here if you're not here, what will they read if you don't write now, and why should they then stay waiting upon a diva who won't sing a word for them for all her fame..." and with that the goblin was off to reply elsewhere somewhat disappointed at her coldness, saying "...yes the pace is hectic humans, just so many other readers waiting to ignore me still, but even if I were the most ignored goblin in the world who didn't receive a penny for his pains, I would still post on regardless of my reception, guess us goblins are just more tenacious then, and generous of nature too, than many of you writertypes apparently turn out to be..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the "are forums dying out" thread

"...well, if forumland is dying as they say, then I will be on the very last forum left posting away pumping up its readership with a passion..." smiled the goblin knowing the battle for forumland was not actually here but on the writer's forums for it would be there that the explosion in writing would come about if ever those writers woke up to forumland's potential as a vehicle to get readers to go to their other works , saying "...you see, one grows a little too old for the superficiality of facebook and for the transience of twitter as well, where again, today's readers don't have the time to read at length it seems, and where blogs relegate them to an occasional commentator or as a mere observer then, so no my dear friends, I have every faith in forumland here, in livewriting and in the livewriters too, so don't judge this forumland by any one forum now, instead, keep those posts coming, where that wager of making a 10.000hits on this thread by christmas was in its way my little joke then, for only those who don't know the livewriters would ever bet again then MYAHAHAHA..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

morning came, where the goblin for his part had been editing through the posts again, picking up on the one that explained why he used ellipses in place of using inverted commas, to which he just replied ventured "...just personal preference and practicality too, I mean at least  this way the reader knows that it is speech and not me just thinking for example, where I can put thoughts in inverted commas, plus I can put anything I feel to merit inverted commas, such as "my morning coffee" for example, within that speech, where the reader soon gets the grasp in it...", all lies of course, in fact everyone knew that the goblin lacked an education

8 Years Ago

"Apologies again!
I just find it's nice to run away sometimes.
Disappear into the night...
You surely never would have guessed,
from everything I represent,
or my own introduction" 
Smiled the mouse revealing a hint of sarcasm. 

"I do read most of your posts! ( or try to anyway )
Genuinely, they interest me!
As I've mentioned before, most times such is not the case with others.
So do take it for what it is worth."
After which the mouse came to the conclusion she herself
was unsure if that was a good or a bad thing.

"Hey goblin, not that your posts are not enough, obviously...
but do you have more music to share?
I really liked most of what you already did.
I do not wish to impose, as I suppose
you would have already done so if you wished.
I just thought for a moment you might think it
is not truly what I want to hear."

"Or, if not, there is another question I am curious about.
( Given your sense of humor that I truly do like )
Do you have comedians you deem of worth?
As it is just another unique artform."
After the mouse suddenly yelled a conclusion
"Kind of like this, livewriting!"

---

Can you hear
the roaring great wave?
It forms past the horizon,
loud enough to wake the dead.
A prehistoric element of us,
not to purge but reclaim instead.

We've scaled down to ourselves
and the gates have been locked.
The forms of beings in this presence
Have long since left the docks.

All life is aware of us
I don't think we can say the same
We deem this existence impervious,
one humanity's modern stray.

So why am I here?
I don't know...
perhaps to delude an escape
"redemption" is long forgone.
Maybe to stare in disbelief
at the specimens who now wonder
where all the animals have gone.

I suppose it was meant to be...
most of it was just a really boring dream.
So what is there to be done?
Drown in awareness and change none?
Run along the path,
and still give in our instinct and habit
to spread and pollute,
ingeniously, further contaminate the system
perhaps Mars again or the Moon. 

What does it take to change it all?
Everything, from everyone.
Yeah... stick a fork in it. 

8 Years Ago

("...here's a link to where I post music..."  replied the goblin, adding "...yes, it's a troll's forum but don't be scared of them, they'll strengthen you if you can keep at it, otherwise rightly they'll win, and mention that you're not the other mouse who was there before you to avoid confusion...")

repost from the "what's your editing process" thread,

"...basically, either I reply to a post, or come up with something to post by myself alone, like everyone else here does I imagine..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...but then if I like what I have written I store it away elsewhere too, replacing any username or forumname with xxxxx or xxxxxforum in its place just to keep the work anonymous, after which I then look around for a picture that either underscores or contrasts the work, and finally I repost the work again to another forum's edit thread rewording it as I go along and ironing out those typos where noticed...", just that the goblin took his posting life seriously and understood that forumland was like a forest, where being a forest, if one didn't have some strong sense of direction within it one would soon lose one's way, those years would pass and many thousands of discarded posts later, one's being here would have meant absolutely nothing with nothing to show for it too, saying "...if one writes, one polishes one's texts and exacts one's ideas to oneself in doing so, storing the external result upon the forum itself and that internal result within one being as if one was on a journey to self here, but either way then, the time passes and the muse does not forgive those who discard their posts here, for their fate is well deserved..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...then I will bet against you as you wish, where I'd rather lose this bet and see your 10,000hits by christmas instead..." went the goblin back from food poisoning, yet posting on still, saying "...definitely this livewriting is a hard yet rewarding practice, though if one ever wants to become known by one's posts, then I guess there is no other way other than that of challenging oneself continuously spurred on by the hitcount in some sense of audience and the feeling of deadline too...", where the goblin understood that no one was ever forced to post on, and where it came as no surprise to him that many to date had stopped too, but those others who had stayed the course had improved, moreover some had become known by their posts even, seeing themselves by their posts too, then smiling "...funny isn't it, often I really don't know what I'm actually thinking let alone writing until I commit something to this slot here, and then when I've matched with the right picture finally hitting decisively upon that post button, there's a feeling of release, of me by my posts, just me by this then..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, new, introducing the concept again

PLEASE criticize it, but with feedback to help me make it better

"...well it does read well, though maybe you are not quite used to writing within your posts like us livewriter are, though no doubt you'll soon get the hang of it there, trust me now, just google my username to quantify my readership if you like..." smiled the goblin encouragingly, adding "...first off, look visually at your post a moment, see how that large signature picture at the bottom detracts from the text, so a livewriter tends either to have a different picture to underline each post he does, or nothing at all, moreover, since these are posts that you are writing within, experiment with length, where too long risks readers giving up as some have already done it seems, and where too short risks its not being good enough to pull the reader back for more...", while outside the bristro where the goblin was writing this the morning rush was fast catching up with him now, somehow there never seemed enough time nor goblin to go round, so many threads upon so many forums, and each one with someone waiting for a reply then, till finally the goblin just sighed "...and besides, one shouldn't be writing for a readersheep anyway, no one should be writing for those few who reply, for only those who correspond exist within this context of anonymity here, where the others are just your hitcount..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, not my brother's keeper

....just wonderin' out loud again...who sings over you flea?

"...why now it's the raven of death by looks of things..." replied the goblin mind revolved around the news that his elder brother had leukaemia, his present hospitalization and the understanding that those funeral costs would be have to be dealt with shortly, adding "...yes I'll contribute if allowed to though I really owe him nothing, as he wouldn't have done as much for me in return, just that it was ever my being some ant to his grasshopper, till finally today the drink drugs and cigarettes have all caught up with him...", yes, the raven's song was never a pleasing one to the ear as it marked out its territory within the realm of the moneygod, where the older one got the more that harsh cry just seems to cut through all the other cries reminding one of just what it meant to be still here

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, new, the goblin doing a welcome again, the first mouse

"A chat?" she smiled brightly, perhaps a little too brightly, "I would love a chat! Gooey or crunchy? Salty or sweet?" she waved her hand to dismiss her own questions, "It matters not. All chats are delicious! Especially with fresh coffee and cookies. There is a question that has niggled in my brain a while now though. Should I call you goblin? Fleamailman? Tux? I must say the avatar of Tux is very hard to miss for someone who uses Linux."

"...just call me flea then..." replied the goblin, quickly adding "...the avatar merely hints the os I use where linux seems more anonymous here, and where the idea is to keep one's persona as uniform across forumland as possible, thus whenever anyone sees this avatar, they just know that it was me once more, same goes with persona too, for humans are more likely to remember coming across a goblin in my case, and a mouse in yours, than they would let's say some easy to forget unsername like those one sees around one now...", in fact, sine those readers would remember the persona it freed the username to be as unique that turned up one's forum affiliations where googled, continuing "...I sound a bit knocked off perhaps, well it could be so even, but since I can't write as you humans do anyway, you won't find me in any of those real writing sections of this forum here, instead I'll be where the coffee is, in the writer's cafe section of course...", and how the moon seemed to make a funny approving smile in the sky at this point, where simply the goblin befriended anyone who wrote back for no reason, saying "...ah yes, no reason at all is ever reason enough reason for one such as I, for then it would be just within one's nature there, and that one would be one of us livewriters by it..."

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the goth forum

Hello everyone, today is my birthday.

"...ah no, I'm afraid one only ever gets one birthday, just that day one was born upon all those years..." mentioned the goblin, then adding "...but each year you can hold an anniversary of that day using it as a marker of your passing years, where it's so joyous by default alone since it states "it's good to be alive", why, because when someone dies that too is just another fixed day too, and although the years then pass on from that point onwards just like they do for those birthdays now, no one ever says "happy deathday" in friendship, so enjoy your anniversary now, but not for whatever you receive upon it, but more simply because you are still there to receive it, while no doubt others less fortunate than would you salute you in your anniversary and perhaps they do in their way..."

8 Years Ago

"Well, I have yet to be admitted to browse across your music posts."
Said mouse a little disappointed it is already taking so long.
"No matter - I am not one to dwell, or worse yet, attempt to influence an outcome.
Everything seems to play out a certain way despite our actions anyway!"

"So sorry to hear about your brother.
It often seems all is black and white among siblings wherever I look. 
One situation that lacks the shades of gray, apathy or indifference.
I do suppose time would consume such, leaving room for whatever else."

"A curious penmanship - the first mouse has!"
She considered while reviewing the posts in comparison.
"I wonder what makes this whimsical undertone shared, 
and how that relates to nature of such creatures!
Or, perhaps it is all in my mind, still."

"I very much liked your last post!
It also brings about a realization.
Reading these seemed much harder at first.
Perhaps it is simply the spirit of words one has to adapt to." 

8 Years Ago

("...sorry about that then where I could link other forums instead, but I can't say that I'm a great music poster where I had a great music thread on halloween forum but for some odd reason I couldn't post to that forum from switzerland but today I managed to get in that forum again so here's the link now, oh and the link to my thread there too..." went the goblin hoping it would please)

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, new, the trolls forum again

You are all crazy people.

"...well that's because they're humans, and humans as they say do leave much to be desired..." replied the goblin only trying to be helpful here, explaining "...no they start off sane enough, but in posting here they then turn into those mommies, trolls, writertypes or whatever piteous creature lurks deep within them...", yet the goblin had warned everyone not to post to this thread, smiling "...naah, you humans never learn until it's too late, that it's my thread if you just let be, if not you'll become that which you really are then, for what you write writes you back turning you into whatever your alter ego deems fit..."