What People Say : Forum : "...what you write writes you ..

"...what you write writes you back..." smiled the goblin again

8 Years Ago

"...me, I haven't a clue what's I'm doing here, but if any of you humans want to chat with me on the forum itself, I'm always there somewhere between those writer's self promotions and the footprints left by the spambots, if you can tell them apart though..." mentioned the goblin out to make friends where possible, then adding "...yes it's a mess I know but it's home too, just remember that there are more readers reading posts than most anything else these days, but that you for your part have to do those post that entice your future readers to your pens, for your posts become your ambassadors so don't turn them into your door to door salesmen instead..."

Re: "...what you write writes you back..." smiled the goblin again

8 Years Ago

Thanks!

8 Years Ago

Originally posted by Treble
Thanks!

"...well just anything to please you there human, that is if I may be so bold as to call you one now..." replied the goblin not sure what to say next though before adding "...tell you what, why not tell me what you want from your posts then...", and with that the goblin drew a circle in the air to reveal a table, and upon it only the finest filtered coffee with a plate of homemade biscuits, whereupon the goblin smiled back at Treble saying "...me, I write in posts alone, why, because what one writes writes one back doesn't it, where one ever stuck as wendy in one's dailylife but where one is like peter pan upon the internet here, ah but only and as long as one remains anonymous throughout...", and with that the made a help yourself gesture with his hand hoping that Treble would oblige him here

8 Years Ago

Great, love it!

8 Years Ago

Great, love it!

"...thanks but I would feel most guilty if you would not care to post anything longer than three words towards me .." smiled goblin wanting more in his greed, adding "...so chat with me then, where I promise that I'll never step out of my anonymity so what have you got to lose or fear...", whereupon the goblin flicked open his hand to reveal two chairs, and then produced another in case the slot wanted one too, smiling "...slot here likes to be fed posts, it's like "to the books via posts" isn't it...", at which point the slot just gulped down the post before the goblin could even continue

8 Years Ago

Sorry, I'm not sure what to say other than, it's funny.

8 Years Ago

Sorry, I'm not sure what to say other than, it's funny.

"...ah now, I mean you want to write now don't you, so why not write in whatever you post..." replied the goblin hoping Treble didn't mind his addressing her like this, then adding "...after all, if you get notably better at posting upon one forum here on the internet, then you can use whatever you've gained by writing in posts elsewhere upon some other forum too, and so on and so forth, however, if you play it as "these are just my posts and really you should read my books instead", then more than likely most posters will overlook you for someone more amenable and forthcoming then...", and with that the goblin simply asked "...so what do you write and why do you write it, perhaps we can start there if you like..."

Beautiful

8 Years Ago

I write a LOT of poetry. I mean, the amount I have posted is only about a tenth of the amount I try to write total. I love to write poetry because it's, in my opinion, the second most feeling form of art. It's beautiful because there's absolutely no structure to it unless THE WRITER chooses to have it. It's free. Poetry is beautiful because it's expression of the soul. Every word counts in it, but it can contain as many words as you want. Such beautiful figurative language. Poetry is beautiful because it to a soul is like jewelry to a dress. The dress is beautiful already, but the jewelry makes it pop and highlights its beauty. Is that what you mean?

8 Years Ago

"...meaning you're one of those pauperpoets in other words, yes certain humans are susceptible to that affliction or I am told, very pleased to meet you now..." replied the goblin feasting upon Treble's explanation though, her first meaty post of many he hoped then, then adding "...no, this being a writer's forum and all that, I just thought you were another writertype here, whereas me I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin I suppose, btw have you tried "deeper underground" poetry forum, the poetry's pretty good...", in fact, the goblin had been soft banned for his antics there, explaining "...I think they thought me a troll now, but I mean do I look like a troll, would any troll be this engaging and supportive towards you now, no I'm a livewriter like the others in my circle are...", at which point the goblin wondered if it would be appropriate to post one of his poems below, then suggesting instead "...naah, it's been years since I wrote poetry then, takes far too much time, where I would restart if I didn't have a backlog of forums expecting posts from me instead, but tell you what though, if you post your poems below, I'll post my prose going post for post with you...", at which point the goblin tried to visualise a typical pauperpoet again through that jewellery analogy there to better relate to them in future

8 Years Ago

Go for it! Post a poem! I'm sure everyone would love to read it.

8 Years Ago

("...ok, a poem then..." replied the goblin, continuing "...but I prefer prose though, you can post poems and I'll post prose here...")

do not feed
sprinkle sprinkle lowly troll
how I wonder at your goal
down below that bridge so high
like a duck to passers by 

-fleamailman-

8 Years Ago

Beautiful poem! Wanna read one of mine?

8 Years Ago

("...I would be most honored..." replied the goblin taking a seat in expectation, then muttering "...don't ask me to critic though, I just like everything...")

8 Years Ago

If you will, please go to "A Dress and a Tux." That's my favorite!

8 Years Ago

If you will, please go to "A Dress and a Tux." That's my favorite!

"...naah I don't know how to get there even, and besides it's not fair on those following this thread here to expect them to go elsewhere now..." sighed the goblin still very supportive though, before adding "...you see, if you want readers to read anything you write, then the first rule is you must go to them in your posts, not expect them to go to you...", thus the goblin somewhat out of turn had posted this reply, smiling "...plus the more you repost your poems in posts across forums that collectively is called forumland the more aired/edited/backed up they will become by it, for example yesterday I had my thread at xxxxx forum deleted quite without any warning with many posts lost, where perhaps another rule of forumland here is to think that nothing is ever safe then...", which alas to admit was something that the goblin himself had learned to his pains from bitter experience often enough, so today those deletions and bans didn't hurt him like they would to a human who had only posted to one forum alone, smiling "...just I don't want you unhappy like so many folks are when the mishaps fairy waves her wand towards you, and where I repeat nothing is safe on forumland however many times you repost them even, yet futility was never a good reason not to follow one's heart..."

8 Years Ago

("...Well this takes me back to be posting poetry now..." smiled the goblin)

Ex-girlfriend
If I had known what I know now
I would not have asked
nor grown somehow
into that person in your past
who remembers you still.

If I had better hidden what I hide today
I would not have shown you
nor given away
the me that remains out of view
that l have to kill.

If I could hate you like I hated then
I would not have come today
nor dashed again
these passions lovers pay
when all comes to nill.

-fleamailman-

8 Years Ago

Here: It was a night of sparkles, Of celebrating best and worst, Of beautiful enthusiasm burst. There were a hundred kids, All eager to go, Some making a... bit... of a row... I saw dresses and suits Wearing rhinestones and roses, The people beneath stopping for poses. It wasn't what I wanted, It wasn't me. So guess what? I went to prom in a T-shirt and jeans.

8 Years Ago

Did that post right? I'm on my phone, so I can't tell.

8 Years Ago

Did that post right? I'm on my phone, so I can't tell.

("...can't tell neither since I haven't seen the original now..." replied the goblin, adding "...but I liked what you wrote the way it came out, where you show much promise, even if I'm no judge in such matters...", and with the goblin was waiting for the next poem, meanwhile he would sleep profoundly since his day had been most troubling)

8 Years Ago

O to be a pirate
O to be a pirate and sail the seventy keys
to coast around that fate and those authorities
who tag our every habit while visiting a site,
me, a pirate then, to slip beneath their sight.

I know that there's bounty just as there is bait,
but is it really up to me to differentiate,
between a subversive cooperate hype
that kills this sea with copyright,
And a simple question for the road:
"so how do they know what you download?"

First Page first
Previous Page prev