Writers Plus+ : Forum : Are you a polyartist?

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I'm totally a polyartist! I'm a poet, novelist, short story writer, fan-fic author, lyricist, guitarist, dancer (mostly contemporary and jazz, a little ballet and tap, trying to get into hip-hop), digital artist (I do a lot of photomanipulations and graphics on Photoshop), amature photographer, amature painter, and I'm trying to get into a little bit of video production this summer with a friend of mine. I do a little bit of drawing, but that's more of a de-stresser/something to do when I'm bored out of mind rather than one of my true art forms.

....Yeah my life is overrun by the arts. 8D
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I am a musician of 11 years, an artist of about 8 years, and a writer since I could hold a pencil, read and write. I also do my own bit of photography.
My creativity and love for arts of all sorts manifest themselves in many ways.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Are you a polyartist?

14 Years Ago

I'm a polyartist for sure. I love my writing, though originally I could only write longer stories that were never completed. I've taken what I learned from doing that and channeled it into my first serious novel, and into refining my short story writing. Outside of writing, I play piano and sing. I LOVE musical theatre and, to a lesser but still considerable extent, opera. I am taking both classical and contemporary lessons, though my contemporary teacher steers me into what could be described as semi-classical, which is what a lot of musical theatre really is. I'm involved in my school's annual musical every time it comes around and have been slowly climbing up the ranks. Now that the girl who gets all the lead roles is gone, perhaps I have a chance at it...  
Outside of art, I seem to also have a natural inclination for science, especially Physics. I'm also better at mathematics than I ever thought I could be, since I no longer suffer under the pressure of having to keep up with the other 'gifted' students. I believe most of them did horribly in the class they all went into, while I got honours in the class I went into. Doesn't matter overall, as we'll all be in the same class next year. Already I feel more confident, though. And now I'm rambling.  
So, I'm not sure exactly what that makes me. I think the word is multidisciplinary, as polydisciplinary didn't come up as a word with the online dictionary.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Yes yes... I would say I fall under that catagory.  Singer/songwriter first... then poet/writer... then painter/sculptor... and amateur photographer... really, whatever inspired me at that moment... why waste it all in one catagory when you can paint the world with so many different concepts in so many different ways!
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Oh my wow, I'm too much of a polyartist. *o* But, it's a good thing I think. :] Because when I have a block with one form of art, I can always go to another. XDI write and draw. I also design and make clothing. I sometimes try my hand at making music too~
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I'm new here, so this is my salute. Hello! 

I started with art--pencil sketch, cartooning, and illustration, which eventually bloomed into the written word, which eventually turned to musical composition, which resulted in vocal performance, which led me to choral composition, which turned to poetry, and shortly after, lyrics, theater, film, studio recording, and finally musical theater. Novels are my most passionate endeavor. Experimenting still. I've attempted fantasy, urban, historical fantasy, paranormal, young adult (including middle grade and up), sci-fi, thriller, horror, comedy, mystery and romance. This issue now is narrowing the scope and picking one field to focus on. I love them all! 

Nice to meet a few other cross-arts enthusiasts. 
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

You could call me one. I act (theatre), write, and have been playing the flute for six years. I took ballet ballet classes forfive years, but stopped last year. I also used to draw and take pictures a lot, but have kind of grown out of that.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

All posts on here are dated "3 years ago." Hope that's not really the case. I have long known I won't be limited to one form of expression. I sing when I am alone. Believe me, it's better that way.   First and foremost, I am a poet. However, that is not where it stops. I have taken watercolor and pencil/charcoal classes. I really like playing with watercolor pencils. I am a beader/jewelry designer/wire bender. I create greeting cards by stamping, layering, collage. I create, and use, hand-crafted scents, soaps, oils, candles and perfumes. I write short stories, flash fiction, devotionals, homilies, a few one-liners. I've tried my hand at dinner theater plot creating and actually directed one. That was a blast, especially discovering that one's characters can decide for you who wants to be and do what.    I've often stated I cannot sustain a novel thought. However, I did manage a novella-length story. I had the plot, and supposed length in my head, about 3-5,000 words. Sat down to write at about 6 p.m.. Returned to reality at 3 a.m. and discovered I had written just over 11,000 words. Oops. Sent the piece to an English/creative writing prof. I know at a local university. She critiqued and asked me where the rest of the story is and how soon did I think I could get it done. That was 10 years ago.   I  retired from the newspaper business after 21 years as a reporter/regional correspondent. That was all feet-on-the-ground-and-running OJT. I've no formal degrees in anything, just lots of classes and 60+ years of experience rolling around in my head.   I also spend sometime behind the lens of my camera framing the world I live in, which is rural in the extreme. There are 180 souls in the village where I live. Yes, by and large it's peaceful here but we do have our excitements. Besides, living in a place such as this makes one an entertainment creator extraordinaire.Enough about and by this old crone. And that, btw, is not a derogatory term. I've earned my crone-ship/wise heart status, every grey hair, laugh line, smile crinkle and worry line of it.

next Next Page
last Last Page