thread heads : Forum : Mystic Academy

MysticAcademyDA update

3 Years Ago

Oh wait, last thing, I promise!
I’ve gone back to Deviant Art and have made a couple pictures (with the help of bases), some of them being headcanons and totally fan like works for the fun of it. I also added InkAngelXIII’s characters from their Akuma no Tenshi book they wrote, aka Spirit Academy – Mystic Academy’s sister school, in a folder dedicated to the sister school since I thought they need some love and attention too ^-^ I have no idea yet if it’ll happen, but I’m kind of wanting to add them as cameo/guest star characters into a future Mystic Academy ark since Mystery’s grandpa is the headmaster over there. Anyway, that’s it for now ^-^ see you later~ (here’s the link to MysticAcademyDA)

CRAP LINKS STILL DON'T WANNA WORK HERE TTATT sorry...... I guess you can just search up the name and go to groups to see the pictures

MA Update Status: taking notes, writing side books

1 Year Ago

Hello again :D I just wanna come back here and say I’m still working on Mystic Academy. I’m only like, two chapters in, cause there is so much that needs to be polished up and rewritten (mostly so I can add my own characters that never got written much by me for some reason + I’m adding new characters that I’ll share there bio’s on here later when I figure them out)
Now, this may have made the process go a little more slowly right now, but I ended up having to just go through ALL the posts and write down bullet points of what basically happens so that when I get back to writing, I can reorganize everyone’s post more accurately to be less confusing for readers to follow along (I also need to be able to fit in my characters (like Crona) that were absent, so they feel like main characters too, like all of yours)
Oh yes! And I’ve figured out how to go about rewriting Eddie’s past and present so the Murder Trial ark that PrincessZeldaWannabe wanted to be scrapped will be replaced with a different ark :3 I think with the new replacement ark I will end up actually adding it here ^^

I’ve concluded that there are going to be some character stories that need to be their own book, well, the side characters anyway.
---Like for example: I’m currently working on writing a book for Nessie’s (Imagination-Mage) character Misaki Mars cause I want to explore a more in depth look into Misaki’s traumas with his childhood involving his late brother Nowaki, and how he probably felt about his Cupid powers after he had been used to turn Lee into a monster. I want to possibly go into what happened in his two-year absence mentioned in his bio (and never brought up here, at least I don’t think cause I’m still catching up). I also wanna give him a lover, of whom I’ll add his bio here later (yes, I’m gay shipping Misaki since there is a lack of gay ships in MA *Misaki is bi, while his lover is gay)
---Another side book might be a more in depth look into Aurum, Larkspur, and Clover’s past with their parents + Cherry Blossom
---Also, if Eddie’s full past just can’t be fitted in, I’ll likely turn it into a short book (but it may be harder to write since PZW kind of deleted her Elemental Warrior book from here, so it’s impossible to use it as a reference of who was a part of Eddie’s superhero team, so I’ve gotta just wing it, maybe even making new characters for it)
---If I can’t fit it in anywhere: I wanna delve into Axel’s past growing up as a half Shadow Elf and half Werewolf. I also think it’d be important to go into why he thinks Juno and him are engaged when he enters the story

So yeah, I just wanted to give you guys an update on what’s going on in case any of you are even checking in at any point (maybe it’s not likely, but still, I just have to)

In case any of you guys are worried about me using your characters like this, don’t worry, it’s technically classified as a fan fic (even the ending for Mystic Academy will be too, technically)

I’ll reiterate: You guys can still keep writing here with whatever is here, and if you want, you can use what I write (once I’ve posted it) as a reference and change things up about a character’s endgame story

Chapter update on current progress

9 Months Ago

Currently working on chapter 4. The Halloween Dance ark is done, and now it's heading to the part of the story when Lee had to listen to her fathers orders and steal the schools magic energy/life force (wanna try having a more in depth look into his motivation to why he wants her to do this).

I also will be including the other half of the story when Mystery, Edwin, and Crona (and Zak?) were in the schools catacombs. My new character Nyx (who, if you haven't checked the Deviant Art group, is close with Crona) is also there cause I'm trying to fix the part when I was writing Crona out, but then she got written back in by you guys (it's okay, it was actually a good thing that ya'll didn't let me make a big mistake). I'm basically moving Crona's dissociative identity disorder (it's what personality disorder is called now) closer (only hints of it for now)

Also, Harmony is going to be written out of this chapter, which makes the whole party thing a little hard to figure out since there were some character bonding with the Juno/Aurum/Lee group. I plan to still keep Harmony in this book, but just put in a different point in time

I am also totally taking out the Trial ark Eddie was going to be going through, and instead turning it into her being taken by the Dark Gods, and Cedric following after since he is apparently a devout Light Gods follower.

I plan to try and be realistic about how long Eddie and Cedric will be gone for, and come back to them after dealing with all the stuff that happens before the play ark with Aurum and Miles (I think that was around the time Ghostly told us to get to hurrying things up to save Eddie from going on trial (which was cut in the end) and get to the play ark, but since I'm working on it, I'll try to flesh things out a little better so things aren't feeling too rushed. I also really want to be more realistic about how long it'll take for them to set up for the play, and having weeks/months go by, but I'm getting ahead of myself, so I'll update you all again later when I have things figured out)

So yeah, I just wanted to update ya'll (you know, if anyone is even still using this site)

Re: Mystic Academy

9 Months Ago

Originally posted by Sarah H. (Shadow Mage)
Also, Harmony is going to be written out of this chapter, which makes the whole party thing a little hard to figure out since there were some character bonding with the Juno/Aurum/Lee group. I plan to still keep Harmony in this book, but just put in a different point in time

Okay, actually, I've surprised myself by figuring out how I can include Harmony. In this re-write for her (and the party scene in general), I'm having the Student Council asking students to help clean up the Hallows Eve dance (instead of the main cast throwing a random welcoming party, she'll already be attending).

I still plan to not include her too much since I actually still need to figure her backstory out and think of how I can re-write ALL of her scenes (especially if it includes Pokémon in it). My main focus rn is the early main cast

(lets be real, I'll need to bring Harmony back for sure when the play ark happens, so that's basically my chapter deadline)

Break from updates for now and will be back really later

9 Months Ago

I'll try to give an update on more of the books progress like... maybe around when the play will happen? Or even further into the story

Also, once I'm done, I'll be sure to update here and on Deviant Art (MysticAcademyDA group) on where I'll be posting the books chapters ^v^

next Next Page
last Last Page