February 17, 1936:  So Many Things and Not Enough Time to Share Them

February 17, 1936: So Many Things and Not Enough Time to Share Them

A Chapter by Kristin Brecoe
"

=]

"

 Dear Diary,

 

     I feel so refreshed. Since the fourteenth I've been able to fully sleep. And this time...WITHOUT THE NIGHTMARES! I'm just so thrilled. The past few days have been hectic, but worth it.

     The hours following the last entry turned out to be the biggest adrenaline rush for all of us. Us twelve were either shaking, tearing, or were attempting to hold a stoic expression. Bob fell into that later category. Around midnight we performed a little act for that little man I told you about some entries back. (His name is Poirot by the way, and he is such a well known detective.) We faked the voice of Cassetti and ran a red herring in a scarlet kimono across the hall. Once scene one was complete, those of us out returned to our berths, and waited out until around 1:30 in the morning. Stealthily Greta and I left our berth, followed by the rest of us. We slid into Linda's berth, and unbolted the communicating door. One by one, we each take the dagger to various spots on his body in the blind darkness.

     Ah, enough of the gruesome murder. Cassetti is gone, justice has been served, and I'm getting married. I don't feel like telling you, Dear Diary, all the details of the murder that night. However, I can tell you that none of us were sent to jail. Poirot laid two plans before the judges, M. Bouc and Constantine, fellow passengers. The first one accused nonexistent men. The second one on the other hand, contained the truth. Believing what we had done was just, our judges chose to believe the first option was the truthful one. After all, we did have ways to back it up. So when the Yugo police arrived, we all frightfully told them of the murder done by a couple of men who had long escaped the train.

     On a much lighter note, while rejoicing over our luck, Bob pulled out the ring once more. This time he kneeled before me. What had been a room of commotion quickly shifted to happy silence. They all watched the proposal with a gleam in their eye. Without hesitation, I allowed him to slip on the ring and said yes dozens of times. We pulled into such an embrace that I can almost swear I heard the wedding bells already.

     The wedding will be this coming up June 1, 1936 the anniversary of when we first met.

     I must go. I have contacted the Karadah family, and told them of the engagement. They too were ecstatic, and wished we'd go back down there to hold the wedding. Bob and I agreed. We invited the Armstrong Family and Friends, as well as Poirot, M. Bouc, and Constantine. Of course the wedding is months from now, so they won't be heading back to Baghdad with us. Now, all I have to worry about is that wedding. I'm so excited!

Soon to be Mary D. Arbuthnot



© 2008 Kristin Brecoe


Author's Note

Kristin Brecoe
=] the end. is it too rushed?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this is great I love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008


Author

Kristin Brecoe
Kristin Brecoe

teach me how to love, but not the way most dream of.



About
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPz9lL0y8sE&feature=related AMAZING. You need to check him out. A Favorite Poem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn1qxrM1XY0&feature=related -------------------------.. more..

Writing
d. d.

A Poem by Kristin Brecoe