Chapter Three: Glitz and the chance

Chapter Three: Glitz and the chance

A Chapter by Fernando91

The scenery through the grimy bus window was one to be admired. The vast city of New Harmony and its various districts, boroughs, and metropolitan life were enough to marvel even the most unimpressed individual. Reaching Uptown, the buildings became business offices, filled with worried corporate jockies, stressed interns, and classy caf'es, bars, and steakhouses. In the middle of Columbus plaza, a central hub wihich had its own metrostation and park, there was the harmony fountain. A major city landmark and tourist attraction, Charle had to stop and stare everytime he saw it. A tremendous water fountain with renaissance style statues, which depicted a large Poseidon with water dripping down to the base, which was decorated with people thanking the god for the sea's bliss with smiles on their faces. The latin inscription below read ''Harmony for all, the ocean giveth''. 
Charlie got off the bus at Columbus station, and headed across the small park, to a series of tall elegant looking buildings. He knew that behind Vespucci avenue, three blocks down, a left on Madison street and he would reach a broken down looking warehouse. Inside, it would be an elegantly decorated lobby, where only the richest men and hottest women would be allowed entrance to the elevator, which descended two floors and led to the posh and trendy 28 tonight nightclub. The club was mob owned, so there was every type of drug available to the young debut celebritant who wished to dance intoxicated enough to be caught by the paparazzi, to become SOMEBODY in the city. New Harmony was up there with New York, Milan or Paris. It was a city who made or broke someone with status, all the more reason for Gary Glitz to give Charlie a pass and hire him as a waiter, a bartender, or anything to do with that exotic lifestyle he so yearned for. He waked through Uptown, the elegant borough inspiration enough for him to take a few pictures with his camera phone. Wallpaper for his facebook profile. So all the hicks back home could see how far he had come. If only they knew the bitter truth. Charlie finally reached the warehouse.
 He still had Gary Glitz's personal information. How he had forgotten this, he didn't know. It frustrated Charlie to know how much he washed dishes at the chinese place for minimum wage. But now was not the time to look back on mistakes of the past, he did that almost everynight when he cried himself to sleep for his pitiful living situation, for being alone and losing everything he had aspired to. So here he went. He stood outside the entrance to 28 tonight, at 3 0'clock in the afternoon, and hoped to every god  in human history so that Gary Glitz would answer, and be inside managing the day to day necessities of the bar. He always was a hands on guy, which most likely kept him well liked by Bobby Rizzuto, a dangerous high ranking member of the criminal underworld.
Charlie Heard a hungover voice barely manage to whisper a 'hello'. It was Glitz. Gary Glitz. ''Hello Gary? hey, it's Charlie, Charlie Hanson. We were tight a few months ago. Stayed in Francesca Lupertazzi's yacht outside Ibiza for like a month''. ''Charlie?...''. His voice sounded dazed, like he was still on some designer drug. ''Uh..yeah kid... I remember...You disappeared after Brittany kicked you to the curb...you two kids were f*****g cute, what happened?''. ''That's a story for another day bro. Hey listen are you at the club? I wanted to see if we could chat, maybe grab a drink, business of course''. Gary Glitz still didn't know Charlie wasn't a millionaire playboy, so the fact that he would be asking for employment might come as a surprise to the unsuspecting club promoter.
 ''F**k, uuh, yeah I'm here at the back office. But listen dude, can't we do this another time? I did more lines than a m**********r last night with that Lohan girl. She's a mess, but I think 70% of our monthly profit recently came from this chick's drug and alcohol habit. My type of customer''. ''Gary bro, I'm in town for today and today only. Have to head to Vegas after for an afterparty with one of the Kardashian chicks tonight. I'm only gracing New Harmony until about, eight'. He didn't know if lying would help his case or not, but he felt Gary's hangover was more important to him than old friends, and that the allure of money and a tight schedule would make Glitz change his mind. 


© 2013 Fernando91


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 13, 2013