DGA: Chapter Three

DGA: Chapter Three

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E

“I wouldn’t go,” Dexter stated as he sat next to Mandy in their computer class. The only class they had together.
“That sounds like a senior prank. Just be warned,” Dexter added as he went back to his computers.
“So Mandy, you know anyone who would want to harm you?” Dexter’s friend Max asked.
Mandy shook her head, “I don’t think I ticked anyone off today.”
“That person you ran into.”
“Wait, maybe someone, I don’t know his name, I ran into this guy when I was late to second period. I don’t know his name. Black hair…” Mandy shook her head.
“A lot of guys here have black hair,” Dexter told, still typing away at the keyboard infront of him.
“No, red, there were red highlights and black eyes…” She shook her head. “I don’t know I didn’t get that good a look,” Mandy told.
“No those eyes were black.”
“Oh Danny Quincy,” Max looked past Mandy to Dexter.
“Mandy let me see that note,” Dexter’s voice seemed startled and unsure.
“Sure…” Mandy opened a folder and looked through the pages until reaching the note. She pulled it out and handed it to him. “I don’t think you will get anywhere with it thought…” Mandy went back to typing. They were in the middle of working on the schools website in web page design. A class that Mandy struggled in, but Dexter seemed to pick up as if it was nothing. 
“This isn’t Jana’s handwriting, but whoever wrote this knew she was your best… sorry only friend. Wait, I know whose handwriting this is,” Dexter unzipped his binder and went through the crumpled papers. He pulled up a paper and slowly tried to thin it out. “Here Mandy read this,” Dexter then handed his sister the note.
“Hey cutie, what you doing tonight, meet me by the oak tree in the front of the school. Kimberly Jain,” Mandy read. “That is so weird!” she took the letter from her brother and compared the handwriting. “It is the same.”
“I told you,” Dexter stated as he continued typing.
“Mandy it is no wonder you are basically failing this class,” The teacher stood behind her.
“It is just confusing…” Mandy admitted.
“I’ll help you,” Max smiled.
“Max I had to help you with everything,” Dexter stated. “You couldn’t even help yourself, stop trying to hit on my sister dude, that is sick,” Dexter rolled his eyes.
Mandy sat there relooking over the letters.
“I don’t get it, why did we both get one, I wonder who else did. Did you Max?” She looked over at Max and he just shook his head. 
Mandy eyed him for a moment but the notes took her eyes again. She sat there for the rest of the period trying to figure out what Kimberly would want with her and her brother, if these were even from Kimberly.
***
“You are going to go, right?” Mandy asked.
“Well yeah, I mean something like this doesn’t happen every day and when two of the odd balls want something to do with you; you know it has to be something sweet.” Dexter smiled.
“Two?”
“Kimberly wrote the notes and you pissed off her love Danny.”
“I did not piss…”
“Or maybe they are just hungry,” Max shrugged, walking out of the room. Dexter and Mandy eyed Max for a moment as the thought settled into their minds. They both shook their heads look towards each other and smiled slightly before they started walking down the crowded halls.
“Well if you are going Dex I am too!” Mandy stated, mostly not wanted to wimp out. If it was dangerous and her brother was doing it, Mandy would do it too.
Mandy made her way to her locker to get her things ready for home since it was the last period of the day. “Mandy right?” An eerie voice came from behind her. Mandy smiled though she had no idea who it was. Closing her locker, she looked over. Her eyes widened but she stayed calm managing to keep the smile stuck to her face. 
“Yes, so tell me, why did your girlfriend hand me this note?” Mandy reached in her purse and pulled out the paper, which she handed to him. When she looked up at him it was the first time, she realized that he wasn’t alone, a group of guys stood behind him.
As he took the note, he just smiled. “Kimberly didn’t write this note, it is signed Jana.” He showed her the note and pointed to her friends name at the bottom.
“I know what it says, but it is your girlfriend’s handwriting,” Mandy stated and began walking, but was cut off one by his friend. “Let me pass,” she looked around the hall. The bell hadn’t rung but no one was in the hall, which was rare, and odd.
“Stop talking and run!”
“No,” Mandy screamed.
“Gees, no reason to be so jumpy, we were only playing,” the boy moved out of the way and Mandy quickly ran passed him and to her classroom.
She took her seat and breathed quickly, unsure how to slow it down. Her eyes scanned the room, and after believing, everyone was watching her she placed her head down. 
“Mandy what is wrong,” Jana’s voice rang.
Mandy popped her head up to look at her friend. She eyed Jana searching her face for some kind of clue on how to answer her. “I think I was attacked,” Mandy finally said with a whisper.
“Attacked by whom?” Jana’s squinted her eyes.
“Don’t tell her.”
Mandy shook her head. “I cannot say, I mean nothing really happened, it just freaked me out, it was probably a miss understanding I mean… Oh I don’t know what I mean,” Mandy put her head down and sighed.
“You really need to start sleeping more Mandy, you always get so hard to understand near the end of the day,” Jana smiled, sticking out her tongue when Mandy looked back at her.
“That any different from me in the morning?” Mandy questioned.
“I don’t know,” Jana shrugged. “I guess not,” Jana smiled.
Mandy took out some paper and began to write. 
I guess today is nothing like any other day. So many things are happening. Even Max hit on me and I realize, I didn’t hit on him back. I didn’t even let him know that I knew he was hitting on me. I mean what is going on with Danny Quincy and Kimberly Jain. I did nothing to any of them and accidentally bumping into him doesn’t seem to be a good reason. I want to redo today. Still this doesn’t make since, who was the guy who gave me the note. He was in a freshman class… and I didn’t even look at that guy's face. I cannot believe I don’t know who sits behind me!
It doesn’t make a difference, for some reason these people are interest in me and my brother and we are not, gothic, emo, whatever these people are. My brother and I have friends that fit those descriptions, but none of them talks to Danny or Kimberly. Kimberly is known as a b***h and a w***e, no wonder my brother was all exited to go talk to her. Even though she is a year older than he is, I wouldn’t put it past her. Still would they really use my brother? What am I saying, her having sex with my brother? For one it would be impossible, ok not really, but that wouldn’t be getting back at me he would love it, like it. I mean he is a teenage boy, but still. Danny scares me, he is mysterious, and in most of my book, this person turns out to be the unseen hero. I doubt that though, I don’t get good vibes from this guy.
Danny Quincy, if I want to say one word for him it would be creepy.
“Mandy, the bell rang; you spent the whole period writing. What the heck are you writing,” Mandy leaned over the desk. 
“What?” Mandy put her hands over the page before standing. 
“Well then you don’t trust me,” Jana frowned, “Fine I didn’t care anyway, have fun dealing with Danny and Kimberly,” Jana shouted as she went out the door.
“Hey, wait how did you know about that!” Mandy shouted after her. Quickly Mandy began picking her things off the desk before running intot he hall to find Jana. She looked around the crowded hall, but was unsure in which direction Jana had went. “How did she know…?” Mandy thought.
Mandy made her way to her locker, on the other end of the school, in front of her locker leaned Danny. 
She walked up to him, eying him as he eyed her back. “Move,” Mandy muttered, but her voice held a sharp angry tone.
Danny slowly moved to the side. “Well hurry, your brother, and Kimberly are waiting.”
“Don’t rush me,” Mandy muttered as she opened her locker and grabbed out her bag. She swung the shoulder bag over her head to rest on her right shoulder, and under her left arm, she slowly followed Danny through the school.
“Don’t follow him.”
Mandy looked around, she could hear people whispering about her and him, but couldn’t make out anything they were saying. She watched his black boots in front of her as she walked. As they walked out of the school and around to the side yard her hair flowed from the light breeze.
She looked up to see the oak tree shading her eyes from the sun. Slowly her eyes focused and lowered to see Dexter and Kimberly standing on opposite sides of the trunk.
“Why are we here?” Dexter finally asked.
“Ask your sister,” Kimberly stated leaning against the tree. Kimberly had straight, long black hair. Her face covered in make up her eyes covered in black eye shadow well her lips a dark red and her skin pale.
Mandy looked around from her brother to Danny then Kimberly. Mandy shrugged. “I don’t know…” Mandy stood there.
“You do know! Your little friend, right there,” Danny pointed behind Mandy. 
Mandy eyed him like he was stupid, and slowly turned seeing no one. “No one is there,” she eyes Danny.
“I think we are done here, I don’t know what is wrong with you two, but you are obviously insane,” Dexter shouted, he grabbed his sister’s arm and started pulling. Mandy followed her brother.
“They aren’t good for you”
“I know they aren’t,” Mandy whispered.
“What?” Dexter stopped walking and let got of Mandy's arm to turn and face her correctly.
Mandy looked at her brother, her face becoming hot her eyes wide. “I know that they aren’t good for me,” she stated.
“Good, then don’t say a word to either of them again, you got it?” Dexter told.
“Yeah…” Mandy nodded. Still she turned and watched Kimberly and Danny. Danny was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, Kimberly waving a fake smile pasted to her lips.
“I told you she wasn’t like us,” Kimberly stated.
Danny turned to watch Mandy and Dexter, Mandy quickly looked away, still she could hear Danny say, “You are right her's is good, ours- mine… isn’t. She isn’t even strong enough to see it."


© 2014 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on June 3, 2014
Last Updated on June 3, 2014


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E