The Bridge

The Bridge

A Story by Linda
"

Inspired from a beautiful picture of a bridge. :)

"
 
lindagail

lindagail

The Bridge Written by Linda Pickens Phalen

Edit post Delete post

On a beautiful, clear morning while the dew was still on the roses, I beagn to take an early morning walk to clear my mind of so many thoughts of days gone by. All of a sudden I came to a beautiful little white bridge.

It crossed over a beautiful pristine lake. It was peaceful with the sound of singing birds in the surrounding trees. I just stood there overlooking the many beautiful ripples in the water.

It was so peaceful there and, I could really think. I thought about so many things, as I observed all the many beautiful birds that were flying from one tree to the other.

Then I noticed a beautiful multi colored butterfly. It was perched on the railing of the bridge about three feet from where I was standing,. I couldn't help but stand and stare at her as she perched so still with a faint fluttering of her gorgeous wings.

"Hello there pretty girl!" I said in a soft calm voice.

She seemed to know I was speaking to her. A few seconds later she flew over to me and perched on my right hand. She fluttered her gorgeous wings. It was as if she knew me. I felt a connection to her.

It was as if we had known each other for years. We both watched the pretty colorful flowers gently blow in the soft morning breeze. Then I spoke ever so softly to my new friend, as not to frighten her.

"I feel as if I know you from somewhere." I said.

She began to flutter her beautiful wings again, and then she flew over to the playground where I used to play as a little girl. All my cousins and I spent many happy hours there when we were children. Laughing and singing and having so much fun.

As I stood and watched, a vision came to me. I saw myself, and my three cousins when we were all little girl's. Kay found a butterfly that looked just like this one. She showed her to us and told us how beautiful it was. She said, "I am going to name her Velvet, because her wings are like velvet."

We all thought that was a beautiful name for a butterfly. The butterfly began to flutter her pretty velvet looking wings, and then it dawned on me..."This must be her?" It is like she has come back after all these many years.

She went to the same swing that we all used to swing on. It is still there after all these years. It was our favorite because it seemed to swing higher than all the others.We used to giggle and say, "We are flying to the moon!" Oh, how we loved that swing!

A few seconds later my pretty butterfly came back, and perched on my forearm. She began to flutter her wings again. I again spoke to her, and I said, "Are you Velvet?" She flew down onto my hand and looked right into my eyes.

I swear she winked at me. Then she began to flutter her wings a bit wildly as if to try and answer me.

"I knew I knew you from someplace!" It is you, Velvet!" She began to flutter around my face as if she was trying to talk to me. Then I knew I had found my old childhood friend.

"You are still as beautiful as you were when I was a little girl!" I told her. She fluttered her wings like she understood what I was saying. Just about then my cousins came over to us.

They seemed to know her right off. It was such an awesome reunion between a butterfly and her human friends. We all giggled like little girl's again. Suddenly the pretty white bridge that overlooked the water, and the playground became a special bridge of beautiful memories.

It became a place of true happiness for all of us. I never looked at that bridge the same way again. What a day of Joy and Love! Just to think that a beautiful bridge that overlooked the lake, and the playground could bring us so much joy.

God Bless

And

Happy Reading! :):):)

© 2014 Linda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
Added on July 6, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014

Author

Linda
Linda

CA



About
Hi, My name is Linda and I live in S. California. I am a wife of 6 years thje 22nd. of next month. Still feels like yesaterday! :):):) I love to write more than eating and sleeping. I have written .. more..

Writing
The Iron Turtle The Iron Turtle

A Story by Linda