Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Image
"

BE sure to read this! Some of events and happenings here will be important later!

"
"Again." The flat words felt stiff in the brisk morning air. Dew clung around Adam's ankles, allowing the chill held in the slight evening breeze to enter his skin. It was an awkward feeling, as his sweat drenched his body, making his clothes feel slick and slimy. Both feelings were so diverse, that he felt his skin crawl with uneasiness. Adam shook his head, exhaling and inhaling rapidly, keeping his breath flowing smoothly through his lungs. All of the exertions of the past week were already weighing down his body, leaving him tired and weak, making it all the easier for the man before him to break his will.
Adam lifted his sword once more, and charged at his master. Echoing sounds of clashing metal rang through the air around them.
"Good. You're getting faster with your movements. However..." Swift movement blurred his vision, and before he could react, Adam felt the sharp tip of a blade at his back. Somehow, Proditor had gotten behind him, and it seemed that it was achieved with ease. But how? He groped his mind for ideas as Proditor brought his sword to his side, releasing the small tip of pressure on his back."Your guard is down, and you're letting your lethargy get the better of you. I realize that you are tired, and I know how much you just want this training over with, but you must have patience; all of this is essential for you're trip to Rhondar in three years time." Proditor let out a heavy sigh, the sign of an incoming lecture, "Remember Adam, magic can be used to hasten the performance of your body, allowing one to move faster than the normal eye can see. If you would've used your magic to quicken your sight, and then again to speed up your movements, you could of easily parried that strike."
"I feel like an idiot for not realizing that Master..." GAH! How could I've been so stupid?! Running his large hands through his long black hair, Solus slumped to the ground, making his hands into fists that clutched his hair in frustration. Proditor walked up from behind Adam, and then sat down next to him.
"Don't get so flustered Adam, we all make mistakes, but only the best learn from them." Proditor then laid himself out on the grassy hill that was their training area, "Perhaps I haven't allowed too much rest, you probably feel more exhausted than ever, but you have to train, you need to get stronger, and I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you why." Adam looked out at the crimson -filled sunset, just as the sun was disappearing behind the thick forest. Strangely it reminded him of his First Days. "Yeah, I know."


© 2012 Image


Author's Note

Image
I am not sure that I want to make this the prologue, even though its a past story, and not the recent events, I think it would seem more fitting as a 1st chapter...and then make the prologue an explanation of like the Circle and the surrounding kingdoms and stuff.
Please give me any feedback that you can, it would help a lot! That includes ideas for the plot, opinions on characters, story progression, whatever! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012
Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Medieval, Fiction, Adventure, Action


Author

Image
Image

Richmond, NH



About
Hello! I am a new and aspiring writer that's hoping to use this site as a way to develop my skills, and maybe receive some feedback on my work. I'm also really interested in reading other's work, just.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Story by Image


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Image


The Circle The Circle

A Book by Image