A Love Letter To Genevieve

A Love Letter To Genevieve

A Story by Stacy Purvis

“It all began at summers end. The chill in the morning breeze was indicative of change, and we were all a part of that immaculate transition. The lazy colors and hues of the summer solstice began to fade to the vibrancy of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns, and with it, a promise. We were all a part of that promise, and yet, we were thrust into this grandiose newness, and once again, we came to accept the ending of the beginning, and the beginning of the end.
I don’t remember what drew me to you at first, but I will never forget the reason that I fell. Two complete strangers whose souls spoke to one another long before their eyes ever truly met or lips ever spoke words of passion, divine. Is it wrong to feel such longing for another? To incessantly need to connect and touch- mind to mind, soul to soul?
Surely, I will pay dearly for my sins if so. For I cannot deny my amorous intentions, my thoughts meandering to you a thousand times a day. I’m guilty. I implore the gods to forgive me for these human crimes.
I long to touch you in every sinful avenue possible…to drown in the deepest seas and burn in the fires of Hades.
And so, with season’s change, my incestuous mind beckons a day when two hands will grasp and become as One, two hearts entwined, my dearest Genevieve, forever beating with the fall of each grain of sand in the hour glass of time.”
My heart, forever at your will,
Your dearest, 
John

© 2017 Stacy Purvis


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017
Tags: monologue, letter, love, xosassystaceox, writer, writing

Author

Stacy Purvis
Stacy Purvis

Columbus, OH



About
Altruistic Enigmatic Polymath | Writer, Poet, Actress, Musician, EMT. I'm an Artist. I paint pictures of the verbal kind. ☯ 333 more..

Writing