Hellish Earth

Hellish Earth

A Chapter by walker
"

A meteor hits earth, causing extreme change to the environment. Can humanity unite and rebuild, or will they perish and be a stepping stone to a greater species.

"
Chapter 1
“Honey, can you get the kids up?” Elizabeth asked, as she brushed her blonde silk like hair.
Mark sat up in the bed, he squinted his eyes due to the bright light hitting his face. “Yeah,” Mark replied, as he walked out of the room. He walked into his son’s room, he shook him waking him up. He then walked into his daughter’s room and did the same.
“I can't wait until school is out,” James whispered, as he got dressed.
“Quit complaining,” Sierra replied, as she walked passed his room. She wore a dark red skirt, with black tights.
“Why the hell are you wearing that?” James asked, as he walked into the living room and turned on the tv.
“Because I'm going somewhere after school, unlike you I actually have friends to hang out with,” Sierra replied.
“Yeah, and they're all s***s,” James whispered.
“Watch your mouth!” Elizabeth snapped.
“He's right though,” Mark replied.
“You should just go to school and get beat up by Todd again,” Sierra said.
“You know, cutting yourself can't be too healthy,” James replied, as he began walking towards the door.
“Where are you going?” Mark asked.
“Away from your bitchy daughter,” James replied, as he began walking to school. He lived three miles away from school, he continued walking. He came across Claire, she was one of the more popular girls in his grade. “You walk to school?”
“No usually my boyfriend would drive me,” Claire replied, as she put the hood of her purple hoodie on, covering her shiny brown hair.
“Why isn't he driving you today?” James asked.
“He broke up with me last night,” Claire replied, with a soft voice.
“Guys can be dicks sometimes,” James said, as Claire walked beside him. It had been the first time she had ever even acknowledged his existence.
“Do you mind if I walk with you?” Claire asked.
The question shocked James. He even looked around making sure she was talking to him. “No not at all,” James replied, as the two of them continued walking on the sidewalk.
“So why're you walking?” Claire asked.
“I didn't feel like riding with my sister and my dad,” James replied, as he examined Claire’s tan face.
“What? “Is there something on my face?” Claire asked.
“No,” James replied.
“Then why're you staring at me?” Claire asked.
“I'm wondering why someone would break up with a perfect girl like you,” James replied.
“That won't work on me,” Claire whispered, as she grabbed James hand. “Everyone has their flaws, you just haven't seen mine yet.”
James wondered why anyone could possibly not want to be with Claire. Wanting to know more about her, he invited her over his house. After thinking about for a few seconds, she told him she'd be over there after school. They arrived at school, within a few more minutes. The two of them walked into the gym. Claire introduced her friends to James, her friends accepted him after a few questions. Within the last hour, James's social life had made a complete change, he went from having almost no friends, to having a dozen.
School ended and Claire and James met at the exit of the school. The two of them walked home, stopping by Claire's to tell her parents where she was going. The two then headed to James's house. They arrived inside within a few more minutes.
“Who's she?” Matt asked.
“My name's Claire, nice to meet ya,” Claire said, as she introduced herself to everyone.
“What are you to James?” Elizabeth asked.
“Just a friend now, but I'm hoping that will change,” Claire replied, as the two of them went into James's room.
“No sex in my house!” Elizabeth yelled.
“If you get the chance, go for it son,” Matt replied.
“You have an interesting family,” Claire said, as she sat on the bed.
“Yeah, I can't stand them,” James replied.
“We're going to go pickup your sister,” Matt said, as him and Elizabeth left.
“They're a lot better than mine,” Claire said, as she stared at the ground.
“What's wrong?” “Did I do something?” James asked.
“No, I'm just not feeling well,” Claire replied, as her face turned red, and she began holding her chest.
“Here take off your hoodie,” James said, as he went to take the hoodie off of her, only for her to stop him.
“I'd rather keep it on,” Claire replied, as she began laying in the bed.
“Alright, but if you need anyone to sleep with, just ask,” James said, as he sat beside her.
“It's your bed,” Claire whispered, as she pulled him beside her.
“Why don't you want to take off your hoodie?” James asked, as he stared into her green sparkly eyes.
“Pretty much because I freeze easily,” Claire replied, as she took off her hoodie, revealing a light blue tank top.
“You know if you had a white dress and glasses, you'd look like one of those nurses you see,” James said.
“Where do you see those nurses?” Claire asked.
“You know in certain videos,” James replied.
“Oh in porn,” Claire whispered.
“Are you sure you have any flaws?” “I can't find any reason why a sane person would break up with you,” James said.
“He said I didn't have big enough b***s,” Claire replied.
“Well they're not necessarily small,” James said, as he poked them.
“You're funny,” Claire said, as an emergency broadcast went on.
“There is a large meteor heading towards Earth, we advise everyone to seek an underground shelter,” the broadcast said.
“Come on let's get to the basement,” James said, as he helped Claire up. It's right past my sisters room.” Claire rushed to the basement, while James did the combination to the gun safe. He pulled out a nine millimeter pistol and a combat knife. He then grabbed a few handfuls of food and stuffed it in his book bag, after that, he rushed to the basement.
Minutes past and nothing happened, until a large tremble hit the ground, causing an enormous shockwave. The shockwave obliterated the upper part of the house, and sent debris flying everywhere.
The two of them remained in the basement for three days, but they were running out of food. “I think we should head out,” James said, as he woke up Claire.
“Okay,” Claire replied, as James pulled her to her feet. “Do you think it's over?”
“We'll find out in a few seconds,” James replied, as he walked up the stairs towards the main floor. When he reached the floor, he was horrified. Half of the house was gone, exposing the smog filled black sky. The entire street he lived on was destroyed, he rushed back down to the basement and grabbed his father’s radio.
“Emergency camps are being set up in the following areas---,” the radio said as it cut off.
“Come on, we should get moving,” James said, as he climbed over the ruble, he then helped Claire up. “Gun or knife?”
“What do you mean?” Claire asked.
“Do you want a pistol or do you want a knife?” James asked.
“Why would we need either?” Claire asked, as James handed her the nine millimeter pistol.
“Just in case,” James replied, as the two of them began walking in the ruble covered road, as ash rained from the sky. In the distance blackness covered the sky, as temperatures began dropping.
“We should get to shelter,” Claire said, as the two of them hurried down the street.
“If we can find anywhere,” James replied, as a wolf cub limped past them. “Hold on a moment.” James stopped and picked up the small cub, he then put it in his backpack.
“Hey, that store looks in decent condition,” Claire said, as they rushed into the store. When they arrived, the shelves were stripped of everything important.
“Stay here. “I'm going to go look for something useful,” James said, as he took the cub out of his book bag and handed it to Claire, he then rushed off. James began searching the shelves, he was mainly looking for food, but he also wanted to make a fire to keep warm. He went to grab a lighter, only for someone to place gun barrel up to his head.
“Turn around,” a female said, as James slowly pulled out his knife and turned around.
“Look I don't want to kill anyone,” James whispered, as he brushed her arm away, and held up a knife against her throat, she quickly dropped her .356 magnum.
“We have your friend, we'll kill her if you hurt me,” the girl whispered, as James elbowed her in the head, sending her crashing to the ground. He then rushed back to Claire, when he arrived a man was holding a baseball bat, and she was tied up.
“Drop it,” James said, as he pointed the magnum at they guy.
“Come on man, we're just doing what we have to do to survive,” the man replied, as he placed the bat on the ground.
“Untie her,” James said, as he continued to aim at the man. He quickly untied her and was pushed back to the ground by James. “There's a girl, she's with him, can you go get her?”
“Yeah,” Claire replied, as she rushed off. She returned in a few minutes, walking the woman back, and placing her beside the man.
The four of them sat there for a few hours, James and Claire pointed guns at the two others the entire time. No one said a word, as they sat there wasting precious time staring at each other.
“D****t, if we let you go do you promise not to do anything stupid?” Claire asked.
“Yeah,” the woman replied, as James an Claire lowered their weapons.
“So how long have you guys been out here?” The man asked.
“A few hours now,” James replied.
“Yeah same,” the woman whispered.
“So what are you to each other?” Claire asked.
“He's my fiancé,” the woman replied.
“What's he to you?” The man asked.
“We're just friends,” James replied.
“You know, we could be more than friends,” Claire said.
“I don't mind that,” James replied, as Claire giggled
“Alright, if you don't mind we're going to head off,” the man said, as he and the woman began walking away.
“Wait. “I don't see why we couldn't stick together,”
“That'd be great,” the woman replied.
“Well now that we're all together, do any of you know where we could find some food?” James asked, as he began petting the pup.
“No and we should find shelter soon, before the smog from Yellowstone volcano arrives,” the man replied.
“Wait, fill us in on what happened,” Claire said.
“Well according to the emergency broadcast, a four mile wide meteor hit in Asia. “Shortly after that, a super typhoon emerged and pounded the shores, and Yellowstone erupted,” the woman replied.
“Oh by the way, my name is Claire, and he's James,” Claire said.
“I'm Jessica and this is, Chris,” the woman replied.
“We need food,” James said.
“There might be a few places that still have food,” Chris said.
“I seriously doubt any store will. “Everyone that's alive already looted the places,” James explained.
“It's worth taking a look,” Claire replied.
“I guess it wouldn't hurt to look,” James whispered, as he got out a dog leash. He quickly put the leash on the pup.
“I have a question. Have you two ever killed anyone?” James asked.
“No,” Chris replied, as they started walking out of the store.
“Damn it's freezing,” Claire whispered, as the wind howled.
“It's like below zero,” Jessica said, as a van pulled up.
“You kids need a ride?” A man asked, as three men got out.
“We're fine,” James replied, as he was hit in the head with a club, sending him falling to the ground. James reached for his knife, only for a man to begin kicking him. He quickly rolled over and rushed up to his feet, he then drove the knife into the man's neck. While this was happening, Chris was fighting off another guy, and the girls were forced in to the van. It then sped off.
“We're going to get them back,” James said, as Chris threw the man to the ground. He then stepped on his neck, crushing his wind pipe.


© 2015 walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 8, 2015
Tags: Survival, Action, Apocalypse


Author

walker
walker

Writing
Hellish Earth Hellish Earth

A Book by walker


Chapter 1 Rescue Chapter 1 Rescue

A Chapter by walker