The mugger

The mugger

A Story by Faust
"

Each paragraph switches POVs from the mugger to the victim. It starts off with the mugger learking in the dead of night.

"

12:00. Midnight. The only lights visible were those from the moon and the occasional street light. The road was abandoned and I was lurking along an alleyway, searching for an unknowing victim. I heard footsteps slowly approaching where I was hiding out. The person soon came into view. It was a short man with dark skin. He was preoccupied with his phone. This would be the perfect opportunity to strike. 


I was walking down the dark street. It was late, very late out. I looked around and heard numerous noises. It sounded like leaves blowing in the wind. I slowly started to get nervous. I had never been out or awake so late. I pulled out my phone and starting calling my best friend. I was waiting for him to pick up, not sure if he would when i felt a pair of eyes watching me.


I slowly made my way to the unsuspecting person, when suddenly, he stopped and turned around. I quickly ducked back into the shadows and held my breath. When he didn’t see me, however, I continued to creep along the street, making sure to stay out of sight.


I keep walking feeling unsure if I am being followed. I have always felt paranoid so I assume my mind is playing tricks on me. I think quickly on how I should get home. I live alone half a block away in a crummy run down apartment building.


I followed him for a few more blocks, until we have reached the outside of this crappy, beat up old building. I figured well, it’s now or never. So I darted out from where I was staying out of view and made my attack. I jumped him, and held him down. He kept trying to fight me, but I was too quick and caught him by surprise. I reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet before dashing along the cold pavement into the night. As soon as I knew I was far enough away, I opened up his wallet. There wasn’t much in there, I found. Just an old family photo and a few dollars. But money is money, I pocketed the cash, dropped the remainders of the wallet, and made my way home. 


I could feel my panic rising as an unknown figure jumped me, tackling me to the ground. My breathing began to pick up as I blindly threw punches. Suddenly I could feel my attacker reach into my pocket and pull something out. The attacker finally jumped off of me and bolted away. I sat there dazed for a moment before I took off in the direction the mugger went in. "Hey idiot!" I yell out. "You just stole the most worthless wallet!" I shrugged, knowing the mugger could not hear me. I started to head back to my apartment without a care.

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
This was a partnership with my good friend, Noah. He wrote as the victim in blue and I wrote as the creepy stalker/mugger in red. I usually don't write short stories, but I decided to give it a try. This was alot of fun to write! Thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 27, 2019
Last Updated on July 27, 2019

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust