The selfishness of parenthood

The selfishness of parenthood

A Poem by 78Jon
"

Short poem describing how selfish people are when they want kids.

"
A woman decides she wants a baby..........Who'll be the father? That guy, maybe?............What's in store for this child indeed.........,Will he spend his adulthood in desperate need?............Is that in the mind of the future parent?............What id the child winds up being errant?............The woman wants to experience being a mother...........In her consideration for this, there is no other............Herself is the only thing in her mind..........This child could wind up being blind............Of course this woman wouldn't even give it one thought.........That the life she created, into the world it was brought...........She'd think positively and teach it braille..........The mother won't be the one to suffer..........So it makes no difference, she'll act as if she's tougher...........Maybe this child will be sort of ugly........Picked on in school by someone studly..........Maybe this child will never have a significant other........Of course that ok, it won't bother the mother..........She'll think her unconditional love is what matters..........It won't even matter what's on this child's platter............If she raises the child in a church she's right..........A Christian, they're correct, without argument or fight...........So the child will spend his life heart broken and lonely...........The mother won't care, The child's her one and only..........The unconditional love will be used as an excuse.......She'll use it and use, extremely profuse............One day the child will get a clue..........The mother only wanted you little, to hold you..........She didn't want to go thru this entire life............Without being a mother and someone's wife.............The day when the child becomes enlightened.............It's a bad feeling, the child should be  frightened............Because it's the truth, the child's life doesn't matter........The mother will enjoy what's on that kid's platter.............Good or bad or extremely not good........That kid had no choice.........Though he wished he would..........Brought to this world out of selfishness indeed...........He may spend his whole life in desperate need...........Not being happy or ever content..........That's how it ends, one life spent...........Wanting desiring and never having..........Anything happy, the child's life is lacking..........It won't matter, the mother got what she wanted..........A  baby, a child, the mother's undaunted......... Selfishness was definitely the root indeed...........Of a horrible life, spent in need. 

© 2015 78Jon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 25, 2015

Author

78Jon
78Jon

Col. Hghts. , VA



About
I'm the guy who was the first American to find out how bad of a human Osama Bin Laden was. As a kid I got many visits from a Holy Spirit, and society wound up getting the "fruits" of this Spirit. I ha.. more..

Writing
Drug Addictions Drug Addictions

A Story by 78Jon


 Feelings Feelings

A Story by 78Jon