College Time

College Time

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

We meet back up with the survivors who are ready for college! Some previously mentioned characters make first appearances. However, the resident jerks in the college want to make trouble

"

Chapter I:

College Time

September 7th 1980

 

Tim finished putting on his attire. Complete of blue jeans, a dark blue polo, grey boat shoes and his thick rimmed glasses, he knew he looked handsome. He looked around his old room. Only his bed and drawers were still there, everything else was cleaned out. All of his clothes were packed in a bunch of suitcases and he was ready. He was about to be a college man. With his suitcases’ downstairs, he headed down the stairs to see his parents.

“Oh Tim.” His mother began. “I can’t believe that you’re no longer gonna be with us here.”

“Lorraine, he’s a grown man. A mature young man who has learnt to take matters into his own hands.” His father said, proudly.

“Albert, it’s just so sad.” Tim’s mom said as she hugged Tim very tightly.

“Mom, it’s alright.” Tim said smiling. “I’ll be sure to visit you guys every time I’m off. I love you guys.” Tim kissed his mom on the cheek.

“Oh I love you too sweetheart.” His mother hugged him tighter before she finally let go.

“Timothy, you’re a smart boy.” His father put his hand on Tim’s shoulder. “I know you’ll succeed.

Tim hugged his father just when a horn honked outside.

“That must be Veronica.” Tim said as he grabbed some of his suitcases.

Tim’s parent’s helped him with his suitcases as the door knocked.

“It’s opened.” Tim shouted.

Veronica entered. She had her black hair teased up. She was wearing a short sleeved purple shirt, black leather pants and silver boots.

“Hey Mr. and Mrs. Richards.” Veronica waved. “You guys got the bags, I’ll grab Tim’s guitar.

“Thanks babe.” Tim and Veronica shared a quick kiss before she grabbed his guitar.

Tim, Veronica and Tim’s parents walked outside to put Tim’s stuff in the back on Veronica’s ’79 Volvo Wagon. After loading up, Tim shared one more goodbye with his parents.

“Tim, good luck.” His father hugged him.

“Thanks dad, I’ll see you guys soon. Love you.” Tim said as he entered the passenger’s seat of the car.

“We love you too.” Tim’s mom called.

Tim waved goodbye as Veronica drove off to pick up the rest.

“How are you doing Tim?” Veronica asked.

“Pretty good. You?”

“Not too good.” Veronica said a little upset.

“How come?”

“I had another dream last night, about the Lake House.”

“Don’t worry Veron.” Tim put his hand on her lap. “The man is dead, for good. We need to forget about him.”

“I want to Tim. I really do, but I can’t forget that night.”

“None of us can.” Tim said.

Veronica pulled up to a light green house with a light blue door. Steve’s house. Steve was probably the least affected of the group, but he still mourned his fallen friends. Veronica honked the horn and Steve walked out the door carrying suitcases along with his parents.

“Trunks open!” Veronica called.

“Thanks Veronica.” Steve smiled as he opened the trunk and threw his bags in.

Steve was wearing a grey t-shirt, blue jeans with rips in them and grey sneakers. His hair was fluffy and went down to the bottom of his neck.

Steve’s parents put the rest of his bags in and they all said goodbye before Steve entered in the right side of the car. Veronica drove off.

“How are ya Steve?” Tim said as he turned to his pal.

“Alright, how about you guys?”

“I’m good, Veronica had another dream.”

“Damn, I still wonder why he went after us, what did we do wrong?”

“I don’t kn-.” Tim was cut off as the car passed a big grey mansion. Liz’s house.

Tim was still affected by Liz’s death, but that had only helped him stay fully committed to Veronica. He would never try to take another girl, because he knew where his heart belonged. Tim’s thinking was cut off when Veronica stopped at an apricot apartment to pick up Rod.

After his parents’ divorce, Rod stayed with his father. Tim knew Rod wouldn’t forgive his mother for what she had done to destroy the family. Rod was standing outside waiting with his father.

“Roddy!” Steve shouted from his rolled down window.

“Hey Steven!” Rod called out as he and his father carried his bags to the car.

Rod was wearing a red, green and blue paisley short sleeved button-down shirt, jeans and white sneakers. His black hair was no longer down to his shoulders. Instead it went down to his neck and was fluffier. He and his father put the bags in the car and said goodbye before Rod entered on the left side of the car. Veronica then rode off to the University of Charleston.
“How’re you doing Tim?” Rod asked.

“Good, you?”

“Much better. I’m glad we are off to college. Parties, sex, chicks. It’s about time we get some fun now, unlike you committed lovebirds. He looked at Tim and Veronica.

“Hey man, you can go with a bunch of girls but Veronica is the only one for me.” Tim said.

“Glad you’ve figured it out.” Rod patted Tim on his shoulder.

Rod and Tim where finally able to fully reconcile during the summer. Rod was also going to a psychiatrist to overcome his inner demons. Rod was finally an easygoing guy.

“15 minutes left guys, I’m so excited!” Veronica exclaimed.

“Same here.” Steve said.

“You got that right.” Tim turned around and highfived Steve.

“We’re lucky; it’s a private college to say the least.” Rod said.

“Yeah, but no uniforms!” Steve shouted.

“Not all private schools have uniforms.” Veronica laughed.

“Either way.” Steve said smiling.

“Anyways.” Tim started. “I was lucky I got an apartment for all of us. It’s better than utilizing a dorm.”

“Agreed.” Rod said.

“Yeah, as much as I like dorms, they are nowhere as good as getting a place to yourself.” Steve grinned.

“You bet.” Veronica smiled.

The group drove from 6 more minutes until they finally pulled into the parking lot of the college.

“Leave the bags, we just need to sign in and then we drive back to the apartment to unpack before we can explore the campus.” Veronica said.

“What are we waiting for?” Steve said. “Let’s go!”

The group got out of the car as Veronica looked the doors. They then walked over to the administration office. On the way there, people were staring at them, some whispering.

“What’s with everyone?” Rod asked.

“I don’t know.” Tim replied.

“It’s creepy, let’s just hurry.” Veronica said as they walked faster.

They finally made it to the administration; there was no one in line. The group walked up to the desk.

“Full name please.” The administrator asked.

“Steven Edward Wagner.”

“Okay, you’re in the Reynolds apartment down the road correct?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, next.”

“Veronica Susan Miller.”

“You’re in the Reynolds apartment as well, next.”

“Timothy Lance Richards.”

“You’re with them, correct?”

“Uh, yes.”

“Next.”

“Rodney Dolph Evans.”

“Dolph?” Steve chuckled.

“Can it Edward.” Rod laughed.

“You’re with them, you guys are all checked in.”

“Thanks.” Tim said as the group was about to exit.

“Wait!” The administrator called.

“Yes.” Veronica asked.

“I heard about what happened, my sympathies are still with you.”

“Thank you.” Steve said as the group walked outside.

“Guess that’s why people are starin-“Tim was cut off.

Out of nowhere, someone jumped in front of the group wearing a white mask with a line going down the middle and across. An Alan Crandall mask. The group jumped back freaked out. A bunch of kids started laughing as the kid pulled the mask off. He had shaggy blonde hair.

“Good one Roger.” A boy with brown hair said.

“Thanks Randy.” Roger said before turning back to the group. “You guys still scared, aw, that’s truly said. He laughed.

“Not funny man.” Steve said trying to walk away.

Roger pushed him back.

“What’s the matter with you; lose a girlfriend or something.”

“Get away from him you creep.” Tim said.

“Make me.” Roger got in Tim’s face.

“Leave him alone.” Rod said voice stern.

Randy pushed Rod.

“You don’t talk to the star football player like that.” Randy said.

Rod shoved Randy harder.

“You don’t back up douchebags.” Steve said.

Roger turned away from Tim and to Steve.

“You got a big mouth.” Roger said about to hit Steve when a hand held Roger’s arm.

“Don’t mess with my brother.” The voice said stern.

“Yeah, go back with your idiot friends.” Another voice said from the opposite way.

“We aren’t done with this, freaks!” Roger said as he, Randy and their group of 13 people left.

The people who had helped them out where Steve’s brother Cole and the other person was walking away.

“Thanks bro.” Steve said, high-fiving his brother. “I’m gonna go see who the other person was.” He smiled and ran off, Tim followed.

“Mind if I join?” Tim asked.

“Not at all man, this gal helped you too.”

Tim and Steve caught up with the girl.

“Thanks for your help.”

“Not a problem, Steve.” She turned to Steve.

“D-D-Dawn.” Steve looked at her in happiness. Tim smiled.

Dawn hugged Steve very tightly. She had very long dark brown hair, tan skin, a beautiful smile. She was wearing a dark green glittery crop top, white short shorts and white sneakers. She was Steve’s ex-girlfriend, but Tim knew that they most likely still had feelings for one another.

“I missed you Steve, it’s been so long, how have you been?” She asked.

“Pretty good.” Steve smiled.

Dawn let go of Steve and hugged Tim.

“Hey Timmy, how are you?”

“Very good Dawn, it’s good to see you.” Tim said.

Dawn let go of Tim and hugged Steve again.

Rod, Veronica, and Cole walked over.

“Hey Dawn!” Veronica called.

Dawn looked over at Veronica, let go of Steve and hugged Veronica.

“How are you beautiful?” She asked.

“I’m doing good, and you?”

“Pretty good.” She smiled, let go of Veronica and hugged Rod.

“Roddy, you look so different, I like the hair.”

“Thanks Dawn, it’s been awhile.”

“I agree.” She let go of Rod and smiled. “Where are Alan and Richie?”

 The group looked stunned.

“You didn’t hear?” Steve asked.

“About what?”

“The Lake House Massacre.” Rod said.

“What?” She said eyes big.

“Spring Break, Alan’s family owned a Lake House and we were going there with a few others to hang out, but they were, murdered.” Tim said.

“Oh my gosh.” Dawn said shocked.

“Yeah, we were the only survivors.” Steve said sullen.

“That’s horrible!” She hugged Steve again.

“We’d rather not talk about it right now.” Veronica said.

“I get what you guys mean.” Dawn said still holding Steve tightly.

“Well, aren’t you going to introduce me Steve?” Cole said.

“Cole, it’s Dawn, remember.”

“Oh yeah, I remember you Dawn.”

“Same here.” Dawn let go of Steve and shook Cole’s hand before hugging Steve again.
“Steve?” A voice called.

Steve turned around to see Sandra Parker, another one of Steve’s ex-girlfriends.

“S-Sandra?” Steve called before she jumped on Steve.

Sandra had fluffy dirty blonde hair, she was wearing a grey tank top and jean shorts with white sneakers.

“Let go of him!” Called another one of Steve’s ex’s, Lori Turner called. She was wearing a pink t-shirt, black leather pants and red converse. She had long light brown hair.

“Um, I’ll catch up with you guys later.” Cole said laughing.

“Later Cole.” Tim waved.

“Well Steve, someone will just drive you back to the house, we gotta take off.” Rod chuckled.

“Yes, please leave me here!” Steve shouted happily.

The group laughed as they walked away.

“Steve still has that ever-loving charisma.” Veronica laughed.

“Yeah.” Tim said before turning to his right. He saw a girl with dark brown hair in a ponytail sitting down sullenly.

“Isn’t that.”

“Samantha Garfield.” Rod said.

“Poor Sam, she took Alan’s death harder than everyone, she’s been in mourning for months now.” Veronica said.

“They were truly in love, just like Steve and Dawn.” Tim said.

“I’ll catch up with you guys.” Veronica said, walking over to Sam.

Just then, a flying water balloon hit Veronica in the head.



© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

Stats

307 Views
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012
Tags: Meeting, friends, happy, jerks, college


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter