Settling In

Settling In

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

Tim and the group settle down in their apartment, looking forward to some plans.

"

Chapter II

Settling In

 

Tim looked over and saw Roger.

“B*****d is still making trouble.” Rod said.

The guys ran to Veronica.

“You okay?” Tim asked.

“Yeah, I just really hate those creeps.”

“You’re not the only one who hates em.” Tim glared at them.

“Let’s just get out of here.” Rod said.

The group fast walked quickly to the car. Laughter was heard from Roger’s group.

“He’s gonna pay.” Rod said.

“Rod, remember, you can control your anger.” Tim said.

“I want to Tim, but I can’t stand that jackass.”

“Keep calm and carry on.” Veronica said.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Rod pushed his hair out of his face.

The group got into Veronica’s car. Rod in the back and Tim in the passenger seat. Veronica then drove out of the parking lot and went off.

“Perfect, just perfect, a bunch of kids think we’re freaks just because we faced off with a psychopathic f**k who slaughtered our friends with no mercy.” Tim shook his head.

“Gosh, I miss Alan and Richie.” Veronica said sullenly, trying not to cry.

The car stopped at a red light.

“Liz, I still think about her all the time.” Rod spoke softly. “Michelle too, dad and mom were traumatized.”

“Stan and Tammy weren’t that bad…at all.” Tim breathed in deeply. “Don’t let Steve fool you; Tammy’s been on his mind every second of his life since he saw her dead. He really cared for her, even if they only were together for like 3 days.”

“I still question why Crandall went after us.” Veronica said as she drove again.

“Crandall knew our parents apparently.” Tim shook his head again.

“Great, so our parents knew a sociopath.” Veronica said.

“Whatever, let’s just forget about Crandall, I, no, we killed him, he may have inflicted both physical and mental pain on us, but we’re still alive, so we won.” Rod said, taking a deep breath after.

Veronica drove into the parking lot of the apartments. The apartment was apricot colored and 4 stories high.

“20,000 dollars for an apartment, not bad I guess, knowing that it is for 4 people to share a room for.” Veronica said.

“Better than a dorm.” Tim and Rod nodded.

The group got their suitcases out of the car first; they would get their boxes and other stuff out later.

“Remember, room 103, third story, got the keys Rod?” Tim asked.

“You bet.” Rod pulled out 4 gold keys from his pocket.

“Groovy, let’s go.”


The group entered the apartment and went up the stairs. The stairs were grey and the walls surrounding them were a light blue. After going up the stairs, their room was just out the door in front of them. The door was chestnut colored with 103 written on it in gold.

“Here goes nothing.” Rod smiled as he put the key in the door.

The group walked in and looked around in excitement. In front of them was the living room, the dining room was to the right, the kitchen was in front of the dining room, the bedrooms were in the back and the bathroom was by the bedrooms. The walls were painted beige and the doors were painted white.

“Okay, so choose the rooms guys, all the beds are queen size.” Tim said.

Rod chose the room to the left and Tim and Veronica had the room to the right, leaving Steve with the room in the middle. They put their luggage in their rooms before sitting on the dark blue couch in the living room to go over their schedules

“Okay, who wants to go first?” Veronica asked.

“I will.” Rod said before pulling out a piece of paper from his back pocket. “Let’s see, Astronomy from 8:15 to 9:15, Oceanography from 9:45-10:50, English from 11:15-12:15, Business from 2:00-3:00 and Natural Science from 3:15-4:20.”

“Wow, that’s intense.” Veronica said.

“Yep.” Rod said. “And from 4:20 and on, I’m home free.”

The group all chuckled.

“How about you Veronica?” Tim asked.

“Sure.” Veronica smiled and got her paper from her bra. “Astronomy from 8:15 to 9:15, Sculpture from 9:30 to 10:30, Political Science from 10:50 to 11:55, Written Arts from 1:40 to 2:45 and Geography from 3:15 to 4:15.”

“Heavy.” Rod said. “Looks like we got the same first period.”

“Yep, now it’s your turn Tim.”

“Okay.” Tim pulled his paper from his front left pocket. “I got Astronomy from 8:15 to 9:15, English from 9:35 to 10:35, Photography from 11:00 to 12:15, Acting from 1:15 to 2:20 and Journalism from 2:30 to 3:30.”

“Awesome!” Veronica said. “All of us have the same first period, hopefully Steve does too.”

“Yeah, that would be radical.” Rod said.

A knock came on the door. Rod got up to get it.

“Who is it?”

“Who else but Steve!”

Rod shook his head and opened the door. Steve was standing there with a in awe with a bunch of kisses on him, holding bags of groceries.

“Damn man, you really are the ladies man.” Rod laughed as he threw Steve’s key at him.

“Yep, but I’ve finally chosen Dawn over the others. We’re back together!”

“Congrats Steve.” Veronica smiled.

“I’ll put the groceries away as you tell us your schedule.” Rod said.

“Sure thing.” Steve walked in, handed Rod the bags and closed the door. “Nifty looking place, which one is my room?”

“Middle.” Tim said.

“Cool.” Steve sat down in between Tim and Veronica and pulled a paper from his back pocket. “I have Astronomy from 8:15 to 9:15, Psychology from 9:30 to 10:30, Medicine from 10:45 to 11:45, Medical Assisting from 11:55 to 12: 55 and Philosophy from 2:15 to 3:15.”

Tim and Veronica looked at him in shock.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well, you have the same firs period as the rest of us but, all this medical stuff?” Veronica asked.

“Yes, well, I’ve taken deep thought to this and I know what I want to be, a doctor.”

“Um, wow man.” Tim said. “That’s great!” He patted Steve on the back.

“Yeah, so, I’m gonna stay at college to get my doctorate then I’m off to medical school.”

“Wow, Steve’s growing up.” Veronica smiled.

“Yep, it’s gonna take a while, but that’s where I wanna go with my life.”

“Steve, what you’re doing is very mature man, I would have never thought of you doing all that.” Rod said.

“Yeah, but I wanna help out people in need, I’ve been contemplating it since April and that’s what’s gonna happen.”

“Hey, it’s what you want so go for it man.” Tim said grinning.

“Rockin.”

“Well, its 4:58, classes begin tomorrow. What does everyone wanna do?” Tim asked.

“Well, I got a date with Dawn at the movies, we’re seeing Prom Night.”

“So, we go through a slasher movie type scenario now you’re going to see a slasher movie.” Veronica tried to laugh.

“I find slasher’s entertaining, even if we almost go slashed.” Steve said.

“Well, I’m gonna try and get back into the dating game.” Rod said proudly, I’ve been single for way too long.”

“Well, that leaves me and you babe, all alone.” Tim said seductively.

“I’ll think about it.” Veronica kissed Tim.

“What time does the movie start?” Rod asked.

“7:00, Dawn’s picking me up at 6:45.”

“Could you give me a ride back to campus?”

“Sure Rod, I guess that’s where most foxes go during the night.”

“Hardee har har.” Rod grinned.

 “Hopefully that jackass Roger does not have any classes with us, they would bite.” Tim rolled his eyes.

“You can say again, that d****e is such a prick.” Veronica said angrily.

“Yeah, if I never took those anger management classes, I don’t know what I’d do.” Rod pushed his hair out of his face.

“Yeah, him and his little group of a******s.” Steve shook his head.

“Little?” Tim said. “He has like 15 guys helping him push people around.”

“Why us?” Veronica asked.

“Because we’re braver than he is.” Tim said.

“Very true.” Rod nodded.

Steve got up and seat next to Tim, Rod sat down next to Steve. Before anything could happen, Veronica, Rod and Steve all fell asleep. Veronica had her head on Tim’s shoulder. Rod was sleeping with his head drooping to the right; Steve had his head laid back.

“Perfect.” Tim chuckled.


Time flew by. It was 6:40. Tim was eating Fruit Loops, Veronica was reading The Lord of the Flies, Steve had washed up but put the same clothes back on, only changing his undergarments and Rod had washed up as well, wanting to look presentable for the ladies.

“How much longer until Dawn comes again.” Rod asked.

“Soon.”

“She knows where we live, right?” Veronica asked.

“Of course, she brought me here anyways.” Steve grinned.

The door knocked. Steve quickly got it.

“Hey Steve.” Dawn smiled.

“Hey babe.” They kissed.

“Hey, before we go to the movies, do you mind dropping Rod of at the campus?”

“Oh no problem.” She smiled. “Come on Rod!”

“Okay, we’ll be back in 34 hours, okay.” Rod said.

“Cool.” Tim waved.

Steve, Dawn and Rod all left. Tim finished his bowl and washed it in the sink. He dried it and put it away before walking over to Veronica. He kissed on the neck.

“Wow Tim, you sure are acting frisky.” Veronica smiled.

“Well, now that we’re alone, I was thinking about having a good time.”

Veronica turned to Tim and kissed him on the lips.

“Now that you say it, let’s go in the room.” Veronica got up and brought Tim with her.

“Cool.” Tim smiled.

They walked into their room and Tim closed the door.



© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
Added on October 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012
Tags: Hanging out, having fun, chilling, college, schedule


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter