This September

This September

A Story by Megan
"

My thoughts

"
Flurries of smoke and hot breath, fighting against winter's cold, fill the air as I walk down the sidewalk. I hear snippets of conversations that weren't meant for my ears as people pass me so I try hard not to pay attention. I try not to pay attention to the tension that keeps building up in my body. It makes my joints ache. It makes my hands shake and most of all it makes it hard to concentrate on what my professor is saying. My emotions are wearing thin as this fight or flight response wont turn off it's switch and let me rest. I can't sleep or eat, and when I do I dream of things that don't make any sense. 
  Like last night, I dreamed my boyfriend called me, ready to do something we haven't done in a while, and with a flushed face I drove to his house, excited that for once my desire is returned. The house was empty, all the more fun for us, and it was quiet. I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to his room, anticipating the events to come. It was dark, pitch black, nothing was visible. He had hung his black-out curtains over the door to his balcony even though it was the middle of the night, but his voice called me over to him. I followed it to the bed. As I got closer I new something wasn't right. Maybe it was the way he asked me to undress, or maybe it was the way the bed felt, like more than two people were on it. I told him I was going to turn on the lights and his voice cracked out a painful no. I knew someone else was in here and whoever they were, they weren't going to play nice. So I turned on the lights. Then a shot rung out in the night and the creature that had held a gun to my lover's head jumped off the balcony and ran away in fright that I might pursue. Which I might have, if my boyfriend's head hadn't been blown off by the monster's gun. I woke up with tears on my face, breathless and distraught. But overcome with relief it was just a dream. 
  This is what my mind sees when my eyes close, so I try not to sleep. Not that I could if I wanted to. My body is too under much strain trying to deal with this never ending anxiety. It's like my muscles can't stop moving, constantly twitching and fidgeting with my pencil. Making me drum my fingers on tables and bounce my knee, with no reason except the worry that keeps eating away at my health. It wont disappear. Even though I have no excuse for this mess that's running through my head it does it's laps anyway. I'm so uncomfortable. I feel alienated and I can't seem to keep a decent conversation with anyone or trust the ones who have gotten past my awkward social skills. So I think it's time to rid myself of PTSD. 

© 2011 Megan


Author's Note

Megan
The dream I talk about having was real, I had it last night and it was a lot more horrible than what I described above. Tell me your thoughts about the write though! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes that is a horrible and frightening dream and PTSD is so debilitating that can affect people for ever if gone untreated... I saw a documentary a couple of years back and it was so tough for the patients to recover although some saw some real promise with low dose beta blockers....

All in all this was a real very evocative write... could feel everything....

Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow - very intense and vivid. If you hadn't described it as a dream I think the monster may have been a metaphor for your fears and phobias. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Horrible dream. Great write. Sad situation.I hope you can move past this! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written...horrible situation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sounds horrible

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The snippets above need a bit more defining and expanding... it came across as unfinalized processing. The story needs fleshing out to give understanding.

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! You could really feel the pain and anxiety of the narrator. Really good write! Keep it up :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, thankfully it was just a dream. If i were you tho, i'd protect him with all ur might so nobody hurts him :) Scary story tho, vivid descriptions.

M.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was like woah. You really feel the anxiety and nervousness of the character from this. Their were a few spelling and punctuation errors, but it was still good. I'm curious to know the cause of the PTSD tho

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw, that would scare me too...Glad it was just a dream...Sometimes, I dream of bad things as well and when I wake up, it just makes my heart beat so hard...
You narrated a very great story here... :)))
Love the way you do that...Thanks for also sharing this to us... :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Have you ever tried taking St. Johns Wort. It really helps with anxiety and depression.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011

Author

Megan
Megan

Prattville, AL



About
Well there's not too much to tell I like to keep things simple And when I write sometimes it's constructed And other times I just go off on a tangent. I like to really examine emotions I.. more..

Writing
Assumptions Assumptions

A Poem by Megan


Lemon Lemon

A Poem by Megan


January January

A Poem by Megan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wal-Mart Wal-Mart

A Story by Megan